+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

CCL
    Amending my previous post, regarding Canadian Tv Guide story, because the bottom half was not really spoiler information.
    In the article it says:

The writers of Lost often make mention of Stephen King's book The Stand.
    A modern thinker is mentioned - Edward Said (pronounced Sayid). He posited on the West-East divide, theorizing that the attitudes of the West towards the Middle East were the catalyst to violence in the Arab world.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Amending my previous post, regarding Canadian Tv Guide story, because the bottom half was not really spoiler information.
    In the article it says:

The writers of Lost often make mention of Stephen King's book The Stand.
    A modern thinker is mentioned - Edward Said (pronounced Sayid). He posited on the West-East divide, theorizing that the attitudes of the West towards the Middle East were the catalyst to violence in the Arab world.
    But nothing about Locke, Rousseau, etc.?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    But nothing about Locke, Rousseau, etc.?
    Yes, they mentioned Locke & Rousseau but people have already talked about that here so I didn't think it needed mentioning again.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks!
    I haven't been able to find a copy of the article, so I was curious if we were on the right track as it were, with all our discussions of them. Or just reading WAY too much into a TV show!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    soooo

what did everyone think of the last episode?

Loved it, Squat...Loved it. What the hell is inside that hatch? I must know!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

So many questions . . .so few answers . . .

Does Boone die?
    Why didn't Locke tell them about the plane?
    Does Locke know that Boone actually talked to someone on the radio?
    What is in the hatch?
    Why was Locke suddenly able to walk again after Boone got hurt?
    How did Locke lose the use of his legs?

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

OMG - Poor Locke. The backstory with his dad was just heart-breaking. Loved the casting for mom and dad. Funny rug. As to the present storyline... he thinks the island gave him use of his legs and took it away again. He verbalized what we have theorized - that he "communicates" with the island. Where did the vision come from? It was accurate about the plane and Boone's nanny. When he was pricking and burning himself I was yelling at him. Even if he can't feel it, it can still get infected! I think it was just his lower legs he couldn't feel and somehow he is still able to walk. Every time he stumbled it was to find a clue, so the island making him lame had a purpose to it? I think Boone is going to die based on the previews. Just my take - not a spoiler. Poor boy. He didn't want to climb up there, but trusted Locke just enough to do it. Wow. Emotional ep.
    Count your blessings!

I kept thinking "Boone, you KNOW the plane is unstable....strap yourself in, boy". He totally would have been able to have less damage if he had the foresight to just "ride it out"....the plane wasn't THAT far off of the ground.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey

Does Boone die?
    Why didn't Locke tell them about the plane?
    Does Locke know that Boone actually talked to someone on the radio?
    What is in the hatch?
    How did Locke lose the use of his legs?

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
    - Preview makes it not look good for Boone. But you never know.
    - Locke seems to keep things pretty close to his vest (is that the right saying?). Anyways, he's not much with the sharing - he hasn't even told anyone else about the hatch, besides Boone.
    - I don't think Locke knows that Boone reached anyone.
    - Some sort of light that comes on when a person wails and pounds on the hatch door. Kind of like the clapper.
    - Locke was walking, true, but his legs were kind of buckling at the same time. Maybe it's like when those people get superhuman strength and are able to lift cars off of trapped people. The adrenalin kicks in.
    - Guess we'll need another Locke episode to find out about the legs.

(Nice to see you in real Fortland Chrelsey!)

Am I the only one who thinks Locke looks much better bald? Yeah, the toupee was not the best, but I still think any hairstyle wouldn't suit him - he's one of those men who look better bald.

Another plus for wearing your seatbelt, huh, MrD?

What is in the hatch?
    Is it really a hatch? If it has no handles, hinges, or visible means of entry, couldn't it be a window?
    IMO, Locke "sacrificied" Boone to the island. He had the vision of the plane and a bloody Boone, yet he sent him up there. At the end, he was screaming "I done everything you wanted me to".....hmmm

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by janakisses
    Is it really a hatch? If it has no handles, hinges, or visible means of entry, wouldn't it be a window?

IMO, Locke "sacrificied" Boone to the island. He had the vision of the plane and a bloody Boone, yet he sent him up there.
    Well
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if Boone does die, that would fit in with the theory that the person who dies does so because he is "betrayed" by a person he trusted, in this case Locke. I don't know if Locke intentionally set out to hurt Boone though. I don't think that Locke is bad - it's more like he is so blinded with his mission that he doesn't see (or want to see) anything that detracts him from reaching his goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Well
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if Boone does die, that would fit in with the theory that the person who dies does so because he is "betrayed" by a person he trusted, in this case Locke. I don't know if Locke intentionally set out to hurt Boone though. I don't think that Locke is bad - it's more like he is so blinded with his mission that he doesn't see (or want to see) anything that detracts him from reaching his goal.
    I agree totally, CCL.

Also, it's good to "see" you back in here too!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    soooo

what did everyone think of the last episode?

Loved it!!

One of the best yet...

The ending with the hatch was beyond creepy

Quote Originally Posted by janakisses
    Is it really a hatch? If it has no handles, hinges, or visible means of entry, couldn't it be a window?

Doesn't it have a hinge or two?? Even Locke and Boone call it a hatch, don't they? And did you see how much of it they have exposed? That thing is huge!

Yay! the FORT is back! Hello again everyone!

I was amazed at the size of Locke & Boone's "hatch"! It looks like a sort of tank or furnace or something of that nature, much less like a door like we originally thought. I think you're right on CCL-- everything he saw in the dream came true so he knew Boone was going to be injured one way or another. I think the rest of the survivors are going to hunt him down with torches and pitchforks after he delivered bloody Boone and ran off! How sketchy is that!? Locke is clearly mesmerized with the island and out on his own agenda. I'm not sure if Boone bite the bullet though. It just seems a little too obvious now. I think the writers have something else up their sleeves.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Doesn't it have a hinge or two?? Even Locke and Boone call it a hatch, don't they? And did you see how much of it they have exposed? That thing is huge!
    yeah....very cool....I wish they had given us a better look at it.... does it lead into the ground like a tunnel or is it just like blob shaped ..... I can't wait to find out more about it.

It has been so long since we had a new episode, that I forgot all about watching until it was half over! Can someone please fill me in on his story with his Dad?

Lea
    Maybe to get in the hatch, you have to go underground and it only opens from the inside, if that's the cause I can't wait to see who the creepy person who opens the door is.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    It has been so long since we had a new episode, that I forgot all about watching until it was half over! Can someone please fill me in on his story with his Dad?
    The show opened with Locke working in a toy store in the early 1990's. A woman is watching him. He sees her again later in the parking lot and she turns out to be his mother, Emily Locke. She gave him up for adoption when he was a baby. She's kind of looney and tells him he has no dad - he was immaculately conceived. He hires a P.I. who proves otherwise. His Mom is a schizophrenic who has been in and out of institutions. His Dad is wealthy Anthony Cooper. He goes to see Cooper who apparently takes quite a shine to him and they spend a lot of time together. But it's only a ploy - Cooper is on dialysis and only wants Locke's kidney, not Locke himself. Jerk.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread