+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 461 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    The dad looks really familiar to me, is he the guy in the wheelchair from OZ?
    Yes! Good eye yardgnome. I didn't even recognize the dude without his dreads.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy
    This has to be the best show on TV, outside of reality tv! Absolutely hooked! Anyway, I love the flashbacks into the history of each character and try to pay attention to every detail as I know it has some significance.

As far as the old man - no, the "secret" was not divulged on screen.

My personal thoughts so far, they all "died" at the crash site but since they have unresolved issues, they are caught in some median between life and death and as issues are resolved, they are "killed" by the creature. I agree with the thoughts that "it" is a lot bigger than the polar bear, probably a mother or again, another figment of their imagination. IE: the polar bear in the comic book became "real". Next, it could be another figment or fear of another person.

WOW! Can't wait for the next episode.....
    except I'm not very good at paying attention to all the details because I missed the part of the polar bear in the comic book.

I've been thinking they all died, too, because I'm not really buying that the middle section of the plane didn't break-up on impact. I don't know. I might be wrong, but right now, I still hanging on to this theory.

I can't wait for the next episode.

At the moment, I'm thinking the boy is somehow connected to the weird happenings.

We don't see what is in the jungle, but then the boy is reading the comic with the polar bear and they are suddenly confronted with one. Product of his imagination?

You'd think the dog would come to all the people, especially his owner, because dogs are social animals, but he's hiding in the jungle.

When he was talking to the old guy, he said he was from Australian and the old guys said, but you don't have an accent. Yet the pregnant girl does have an Australian accent. Weird!

And when they did the flashback to Kate on the plane, I want to know what she was about to ask the marshall to promise her.

I can't wait to see more of this show, it's great.

What if.....

The remote island was used as a research lab and the creature is an experiment with DNA that went terribly wrong and killed the scientists and has been roaming free on the island for 16 years? The polar bear could even be one of the contributors of the DNA and we will see even more animals that have no logical explanation being on the island that have escaped the facility as well.

I just still don't know how they can explain a radio signal that has been playing for 16 years . . . . I mean, their battery is about to run out, so what would be powering the signal?

Also, regarding the "promise" that the girl was about to ask the Marshall, I think what she actually said was that she wanted to ask him a "favor." I think she was going to ask him to uncuff her since the plane ride was getting rough . . . .but who knows. I'm VERY curious to find out what it was she did in the first place. When he comes to and shows her pic to the doc, doesn't he say that she's dangerous?

Interesting theory about the polar bear coming from the boy's imagination after he read the comics . . . but if that's the case, how do you explain the creature's existence before he saw the comics?

Still don't know what to make of the Japanese couple. In an earlier post last week, I mentioned that I thought something was strange with them and that she seemed afraid of him. And what do you think was up with what he was trying to get everyone to eat, and how the pregnant girl - who hadn't felt the baby move in almost 24 hours, suddenly feels it move AFTER she eats what he gives her? Healing properties in what they were eating??? Who knows!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

There was something with the Korean couple that caught my eye as well, the act of her unbuttoning that little top button on her top after the husband left with the food for everyone else.....the defiance on her face when she did it. There's something going on with them that's interesting, even if we have no clue what they are saying. First (as was mentioned before) her apparent fear of the man, and now the defiant look on her face when she did that. I can't wait to see what ends up happening with that!

I may have to watch both episodes again Saturday night cause apparently I'm missing a lot of the little detail things, I didn't notice the polar bear in the comic book at all! I do like the speculation about the imagination being the key to the monster, quite interesting!

I was watching the "Meet the Characters" videos on ABC. The Korean woman said that she knows English but does not speak it at first for some reason. Wonder what's going on with those two?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I'm slowly moving away from the idea that everyone's dead, simply because they managed to pick up that radio signal... it seems like, if it was another realm, they wouldn't have had that signal... but here's what I am thinking...

Maybe they're picking up a signal from the future... perhaps, when we get near the last few survivors left, we'll be introduced to someone who speaks fluent french, and they'll be the last person left... and that message has been stuck, repeating throughout time (somehow)...

That would be intruiging to see if they try to pull that off...
    I like the way your mind works. Very cool.

Oops - sorry that I said Japanese when it was Korean! I LOVED when she undid her top button after he left . . . kinda like "I'll show you!"

I, too, want to watch them again on Saturday . . . I totally missed the polar bear in the comic book.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyAnn
    I was watching the "Meet the Characters" videos on ABC. The Korean woman said that she knows English but does not speak it at first for some reason. Wonder what's going on with those two?
    Maybe he won't let her? I find it interesting that she keeps saying exactly the same thing to everyone she meets... wish I knew what it was..

+ Reply to Thread