+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 461 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

I think ABC is showing part 1 and 2 this Saturday, right??

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    I think ABC is showing part 1 and 2 this Saturday, right??
    Yes they are.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy
    This has to be the best show on TV, outside of reality tv! Absolutely hooked! Anyway, I love the flashbacks into the history of each character and try to pay attention to every detail as I know it has some significance.

As far as the old man - no, the "secret" was not divulged on screen.

My personal thoughts so far, they all "died" at the crash site but since they have unresolved issues, they are caught in some median between life and death and as issues are resolved, they are "killed" by the creature. I agree with the thoughts that "it" is a lot bigger than the polar bear, probably a mother or again, another figment of their imagination. IE: the polar bear in the comic book became "real". Next, it could be another figment or fear of another person.

WOW! Can't wait for the next episode.....
    I really love your theory. It makes good sense to me. I think you might be right because it makes a lot of sense. Strange things on the show (i.e. polar bear, weird actions by the survivors on the island) lead me to believe that they are all dead but are stuck between 2 realms.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

This show is amazing! It is such a great change from the usual tv that we are used to seeing. I can't wait for future episodes, I hope it continues to be just as exciting as it currently is. I applaud the cast and crew for a job well done (so far).

I am just itching to read spoilers but I want to be surprised. Someone help!

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    And did the old man ever, on screen, tell the young kid the secret (when he said "do you wanna know a secret?" - or something like that)?
    No. And this was me, yelling at the TV screen: "Yes! Yes! I want to know the secret!!"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyAnn
    I am just itching to read spoilers but I want to be surprised. Someone help!
    Wish I could! I want to read spoilers too, but don't want to ruin it for myself either. This waiting could get a bit maddening though.

I keep flipping back and forth between the ideas that it is some kind of purgatory OR they are still living and the monster is a incarnation of their fears or thoughts (specifically the boys'). I'm leaning towards the second for now.

Well, I managed to make it 24 hours before I came in here thinking there would be spoilers. (I had to go to the school last night with my daughter for a reading activity).
    Good thing they are showing it again Saturday, then I will be able to watch the whole thing together. I can't wait.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21
    I really love your theory. It makes good sense to me. I think you might be right because it makes a lot of sense. Strange things on the show (i.e. polar bear, weird actions by the survivors on the island) lead me to believe that they are all dead but are stuck between 2 realms.
    I like that theory as well. THat sounds really intriguing (sp?).
    My favorite part was when chubby kid was talking to iraqui guy about the gulf war and chubby kid said "A friend of mine was over there". He told him what branch and everything then said "What were you? Air Force, Army?" And Iraqui guy looked at him and said "I was in the Republican Guard." I said to my husband "In other words, I worked against the Americans. That goes right up there in the Oh crap (Don't know if I can say the S word in here) category."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm slowly moving away from the idea that everyone's dead, simply because they managed to pick up that radio signal... it seems like, if it was another realm, they wouldn't have had that signal... but here's what I am thinking...

Maybe they're picking up a signal from the future... perhaps, when we get near the last few survivors left, we'll be introduced to someone who speaks fluent french, and they'll be the last person left... and that message has been stuck, repeating throughout time (somehow)...

That would be intruiging to see if they try to pull that off...

+ Reply to Thread