+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    wow! some interesting spoilers!!

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound
    I don't know if anyone caught it or not, but in the scene where Sidney is talking to her father at her house party in this weeks episode of Alias, the song playing in the backround is 'You Are Everybody' by Driveshaft, Charlie's band. Way to cross market JJ
    I am way behind in watching Alias and just saw this episode last night. I knew about the song though because of your post. I can't figure out how you figured it out though. Did you just recognize the name of the song, or from the flashback of Charlie's band. Or was there a CD cover lying around and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    No, the writer of the diary has mentioned Claire several times. She has pretty much mentioned everybody by now.

I was re-reading the entries, and I'm pretty intrigued by Day 13. She says she was out swimming early in the morning before anyone else was awake, and she thought she saw a whale. The water was as calm as glass, and she heard a sound behind her like a steam vent. She turned around and saw a dark shape going back under the surface. Submarine anybody?
    It seems as I've missed an episode or I wasn't paying attention? Is this the same diary Claire wrote in about the Peanut Butter? Where is the diary? on tv or on the website. I'm confused. Shed some light please.

EDIT I went to the ABC website and read the diary.

I think it's Shannon, the person mentions all the main characters except Sun and Jin. It could be one of them. I really really think it's Shannon. There has been no backstory on her, other than the one with Boone and that one really was about Boone (imo)
    Last edited by madonniac; 02-15-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    It seems as I've missed an episode or I wasn't paying attention? Is this the same diary Claire wrote in about the Peanut Butter? Where is the diary? on tv or on the website. I'm confused. Shed some light please.
    They're talking about the diary on the LOST website (ABC). It is written by one of the castaways but it doesn't identify which one ( I believe it is one of the background players). I haven't read it myself so I can't give you any more details.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Wow, those are some great spoilers!

Hmm, so
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hurley's upcomming ep
    will be an important one because of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    numbers, which could possibly be from a winning lotto ticket
    . What could this mean for the island?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    The only thing interesting is that Jin, perhaps, knows English. From the conversation he had with Sun, to the questions he asked, and the way she answered...I think he knows English and knows that Sun speaks English as well. Interesting...
    I doubt Jin knows English. The writers wouldn't pull that same trick twice, unless they're totally frustrated handling a character who can't talk to the others. Maybe he's picking it up faster than Sun expects.

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    I think it's Shannon, the person mentions all the main characters except Sun and Jin. It could be one of them.
    Excerpts from the diary:

Day 5 - "Heard a gunshot last night. Who the hell has a gun?"

That was Sawyer shooting the first polar bear, Shannon was with him at the time.

Day 8 - "There was a huge fight today between Michael and the Korean guy.....I feel sorry for his wife, she seems so nice."

So it's not Shannon, Jin or Sun.

Talk show alert:

Terry O'Quinn (Locke) will be on The View tomorrow morning.
    Matthew Fox (Jack) is scheduled to appear on Live With Regis & Kelly on Friday, according to their website. But this morning I'm sure I heard Regis say he'd be on tomorrow, so I'm setting my VCR just in case.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    The diarist is a lot like Shannon, but it's someone we've yet to meet. My hunch is that she'll remain anonymous.

Soap opera tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    The diarist is a lot like Shannon, but it's someone we've yet to meet. My hunch is that she'll remain anonymous.

Soap opera tomorrow?
    Yes, I believe it's a young, single female. And I originally thought she'd remain anonymous, but now I think they may write her into the show. I have a hunch it may turn out to be the dark-haired girl who was sitting on the beach beside Shannon when Shannon had to send up the flare in episode 7 "The Moth".

What do you mean "Soap opera tomorrow?"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I have a hunch it may turn out to be the dark-haired girl who was sitting on the beach beside Shannon when Shannon had to send up the flare in episode 7 "The Moth".
    Ooooooooo excellent guess, I like it.

Love triangle fight for the girl stuff, although Jack seemed to lose a bit of his thang for Kate after making him dig up the rotten corpse and then trying to trick him.

Oh OK. I thought you were hinting that one of them was appearing on a soap tomorrow.

With all the lying Kate does, I don't know how Jack could be interested in her at all. Wait a sec, yes I do - I just remembered we've seen her in her skivvies.

I'm counting on tomorrow's ep being better than the previous one.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Oh OK. I thought you were hinting that one of them was appearing on a soap tomorrow.

With all the lying Kate does, I don't know how Jack could be interested in her at all. Wait a sec, yes I do - I just remembered we've seen her in her skivvies.

I'm counting on tomorrow's ep being better than the previous one.
    And also she seems to be the only age appropriate attractive female there... Jack doesn't seem like the type to be interested in uneducated barely 20 year olds no matter how cute.

Kate after making him dig up the rotten corpse and then trying to trick him.
    I think that was the moment I started to hate her. Why go through the big song and dance? Why not just tell Jack, or even Sawyer, that there is something of great sentimental value to her in the case, and she thought she had lost it but now that the case has resurfaced she wants it. No one would have asked anything more of it, and just given her the case. Oy. Stupid dumb Kate.

spoiler?

Click to see Spoiler:
    who is this quote from the AP referring to? Robert Patrick had a short lived role on the Sopranos, and I do not think Veronica Hammil is who they are referring to...

Lost, meanwhile, looks to build on its already big season with the upcoming offing of a familiar prime-time face.

also, can someone PM me with instructions on creating spoiler tags?
    Last edited by duckgirl; 02-16-2005 at 03:30 PM.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

You can quote, you can change colour, you can use italics, and you can read.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    Click to see Spoiler:
    who is this quote from the AP referring to? Robert Patrick had a short lived role on the Sopranos, and I do not think Veronica Hammil is who they are referring to...

Lost, meanwhile, looks to build on its already big season with the upcoming offing of a familiar prime-time face.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well, "offing" means they're going to kill off a character. They're talking about one of the main 14. The quote seems to insinuate that it will be someone that is very familiar with prime-time TV. I would say that Matthew Fox (Jack) is the most recognizeable face on "LOST". Followed closely by: Locke, then probably Jin, Claire, Michael and Boone.

So Matthew Fox (Jack) was on Regis this morning, for the first time. Talked about playing football in college, getting work on commercials to pay for school, and that led to his TV career. He's been married for 12 years, and they have been vacationing in Hawaii with their kids for 6 or 7 years now and are elated to be living there. He said only the show's creators know what's going on long-term, not the actors. The island is dangerous so we have to be prepared for the possibility of anyone getting killed off - no one is safe. They showed a clip from tonight's show with Jack and Kate talking about Sawyer.

Also, Terry O'Quinn (Locke) was on The View. His wife was in the audience. They showed an old clip of Locke knocking Boone out. He didn't know anything about the role when he signed on - when they shot the pilot (with the crash scenes and the beach scenes) he didn't even know he was supposed to be a paraplegic. Joy Behar asked if he did a lot of research for the scene with the phone sex operator and he got a good laugh out of that. He said if he was ever really stranded on a deserted island he'd want to bring his wife and his books. And Josh Holloway to keep his wife busy while he's reading his books. He agreed with Barbara Walters that he gets a lot of military roles because he looks the part. Said tonight's episode will be a good one.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-16-2005 at 03:30 PM.

[QUOTE=Qboots]
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well, "offing" means they're going to kill off a character. They're talking about one of the main 14. The quote seems to insinuate that it will be someone that is very familiar with prime-time TV. I would say that Matthew Fox (Jack) is the most recognizeable face on "LOST". Followed closely by: Locke, then probably Jin, Claire, Michael and Boone.

QUOTE]
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I misread the quote I posted- thinking that they were talking about a surprise guest star...oops. Now that I read it, I think you are right and I will now assume that Charlie, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Sun, Hurley, Walt and Shannon are safe. What has Boone done prior to being Boone? I always get him confused with Smallville Superman and 7th Heavern Barry...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    What has Boone done prior to being Boone? I always get him confused with Smallville Superman and 7th Heavern Barry...
    Ian Somerhalder (Boone) was actually on 6 episodes of Smallville (he played Adam). He's also guested on CSI, CSI Miami, Law & Order SVU and a few other things. You can look up people's acting careers on IMDB.com.

Only about 4 more hours to go, Lost-a-holics!

Excerpts from the diary:

Day 5 - "Heard a gunshot last night. Who the hell has a gun?"

That was Sawyer shooting the first polar bear, Shannon was with him at the time.

Day 8 - "There was a huge fight today between Michael and the Korean guy.....I feel sorry for his wife, she seems so nice."
    I missed the Day 5 sentence, and I did read, but forgot about Day 8...I don't like waiting and Lost is making me wait more and more.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Excellent beginning: Sawyer with no shirt!

Flashback shows him as a little boy - he hides under the bed while his Dad kills his Mom and then himself.

Then he wakes up and there's a boar nosing around in his stuff. He chases it into the dark jungle and hears those mysterious whispers.

+ Reply to Thread