+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 461 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I recognized the pregnant woman from Roswell. She was one of the alien kids. Funny, she got pregnant on that show, too.
    Do you suppose this one's an alien baby too?

This show is such a delight amidst the general wasteland of TV. I hope the air marshall guy survives. I wonder if the creature is the result of some mad scientist's diabolical experiment, kind of like The Island of Dr. Moreau.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

gosh...when she fell flat on her stomach, i wodner how she or the baby survived without and bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    JR, that's what I was thinking -- maybe the bear they shot was just a cub.
    If that's the case then there's going to be one pissed off momma bear.

I soooooo glad I saw this thread and watched tonights episode. Wow, this show has so much potential. I can't wait to see more.

toothdoc

You misunderstood. I was looking for Maggie Grace who plays Shannon on Lost. But I found out what she was in and have never seen her in anything. Don't know why Maggie Grace looks so familiar to me. Oh well. No matter. My husband called the bear thing from the beginning of last night's episode. He even said Polar Bear. Here's my question. How is that possible? I thought they could only survive in very cold environments like the arctic.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    You misunderstood. I was looking for Maggie Grace who plays Shannon on Lost. But I found out what she was in and have never seen her in anything. Don't know why Maggie Grace looks so familiar to me. Oh well. No matter. My husband called the bear thing from the beginning of last night's episode. He even said Polar Bear. Here's my question. How is that possible? I thought they could only survive in very cold environments like the arctic.

All the "hikees" voiced the same question about the polar bear. Whining girl (sister of sister/brother duo) said something like 'since when do polar bears live in jungles?' Good question...that probably won't be answered anytime soon.

How could the french woman's transmitter transmit for 16 years (or however long the Iraqi fellow estimated)? Spooky when whining girl translated "everyone else is dead. It killed them."

And did the old man ever, on screen, tell the young kid the secret (when he said "do you wanna know a secret?" - or something like that)?

Can't wait till next week....

Chris

I love this show, it is easily my new favorite show on TV this season. I do love how they leave so many unanswered questions to keep you interested in what is going on. Did anyone else think when the Asian man was trying to feed food to the others if it was poisoned or something? It looked like he was grabbing sea urchins from the rocks and for some reason thought some were poisonous. Overall, I love this show and can't wait for next week.
    The dad looks really familiar to me, is he the guy in the wheelchair from OZ?

This has to be the best show on TV, outside of reality tv! Absolutely hooked! Anyway, I love the flashbacks into the history of each character and try to pay attention to every detail as I know it has some significance.

As far as the old man - no, the "secret" was not divulged on screen.

My personal thoughts so far, they all "died" at the crash site but since they have unresolved issues, they are caught in some median between life and death and as issues are resolved, they are "killed" by the creature. I agree with the thoughts that "it" is a lot bigger than the polar bear, probably a mother or again, another figment of their imagination. IE: the polar bear in the comic book became "real". Next, it could be another figment or fear of another person.

WOW! Can't wait for the next episode.....

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Livvy

My personal thoughts so far, they all "died" at the crash site but since they have unresolved issues, they are caught in some median between life and death and as issues are resolved, they are "killed" by the creature. I agree with the thoughts that "it" is a lot bigger than the polar bear, probably a mother or again, another figment of their imagination. IE: the polar bear in the comic book became "real". Next, it could be another figment or fear of another person.

WOW! Can't wait for the next episode.....

That's an interesting thought, I totally like the idea.

I had an idea that they flew into a type of ''Bermuda Triangle'' and are nowhere, but speculating as well, the polar bear in the middle of the jungle is baffling and had no idea the twist with Kate was gonna happen. I also loved the flashbacks of various passengers in the plane crash. Neat show, and drawing me in by the second.

Unfortunately, I missed the premier last week but made an extra effort to watch last night...and boy, I am so glad I watched! I was hooked by the 2nd commercial break. JJ Abrams is so talented...(sorry if this has been mentioned) did anyone notice some slight similarities in music between Lost and Alias? What a great show!

I also missed the premier but was able to watch last night - I was literally glued to the screen. What a great show! I'm learning though that you have to watch very closely and try to catch every detail because even the little things appear to have significance at some point. Very intriguing.

+ Reply to Thread