+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    They'd have to add more Lost staff to do that--obviously the people they have are being run ragged....
    Do we know when the DVD of the first season is coming out? Or that it is? I don't usually buy DVD's, I'm probably going to miss several shows and not even be able to video them, so for this show I'm up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    Oops - my bad. It's March 2nd and April 13th . . . so that is saying six weeks apart.

I'm just hoping we won't have to wait that long between new eps. That would really bite!

i wonder if abc is carrying the men's ncaa tournament? that would explain the gap since the tournament starts in early march and runs through early april. but, i don't know how many games are actually played on wednesdays? i think (but could be wrong) it is mostly thurs-fri-sat games.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    They'd have to add more Lost staff to do that--obviously the people they have are being run ragged....
    Do we know when the DVD of the first season is coming out? Or that it is? I don't usually buy DVD's, I'm probably going to miss several shows and not even be able to video them, so for this show I'm up for it.
    It was just recently announced at a Disney Press Conference (Disney owns ABC, just in case no one knew) that both Lost and Desperate Housewives would have a September 2005 DVD release date for their respective first seasons.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    ldcook77 - CBS has basically owned the NCAA tourney, so, no. Thurs/Fri games last only for the first 2 weeks.
    Last edited by duckgirl; 02-09-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    It was just recently announced at a Disney Press Conference (Disney owns ABC, just in case no one knew) that both Lost and Desperate Housewives would have a September 2005 DVD release date for their respective first seasons.

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Btw, I love your avatar!! What a great show that was!

Quote Originally Posted by JulyMeg
    WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Btw, I love your avatar!! What a great show that was!
    Thanks, sucks how there wont be a JS3 though.

But back on topic, new Lost tonight!

Duckgirl- thanks!

I cannot imagine waiting for longer than 2 weeks between new episodes.
    7&1/2 hrs. to go.

I wonder if they create rainstorms, or have planned shots to be shot in the rain and film them as it occurs naturally. Maybe a combination where they create rain for close up scenes. Boy, I sure would like to see behind the scenes footage.....

No prob Squatman, just clearing up a bit of confusion.

I think the weather in Hawaii is volatile enough for them to film rain scenes normally. Maybe they don't even script for rain - just shoot, rain or shine, as long as it doesn't mess up the continuity too badly.

Wasnt there a scene with Boone and Locke, when Locke predicted exactly when the rain would stop?

LOL, something tells me that was fake rain.......OR WAS IT??? Could the writers really be psychic? Find out on an all new "Lost", tonight, at 8 (7 Central)!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Wasnt there a scene with Boone and Locke, when Locke predicted exactly when the rain would stop?

LOL, something tells me that was fake rain.......OR WAS IT??? Could the writers really be psychic? Find out on an all new "Lost", tonight, at 8 (7 Central)!

I'll be watching!

Locke predicted when it would start.

I bet some of the scenes they figure they can shot rain or shine, like Duckgirl says. There hasn't been many rain scenes. Have there been any that did not involve chasing down Ethan? Obviously done for effect, real or staged.

I'll be searching the canopy for sprinklers.....

Alrighty then fellow Lostlings.........here we go:

The show opens with Locke & Boone looking very stunned as Claire emerges from the dark jungle saying, "A dingo ate my bay-bay!"

Sorry. Just kidding. The show hasn't even started yet. I'm just giddy in anticipation.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Oh my goodness, Q... don't scare me like that. I was afraid that it had started 3 minutes (and counting) ahead of me... what can I say? I'm competetive when it comes to Lost

Oooh... and we're off... after two weeks of no Lost, I can't wait to get this party started!

And we see Charlie wake up! Claire is back, con baby. She's asleep, but Jack wakes her up... and she doesn't know who anyone is! Quite scary. I love those horns that slide at the end of a dramatic scene. Slightly random, I know, but dang, they add to a really bad moment

Really:

Locke carries Claire into the cave. She passed out in his arms. Jack gets some water and revives her. She looks terrified and screams "Who are you people?!"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The opener was the same clip that Jimmy Kimmel showed last night.

Claire apparently forgot everything after she got on a plane. We also find out that it's been about a month...

Boone and Locke are talking. Boone is being annoying. Please, Boone, go away, and get off of my TV screen... and therewego. Charlie and Claire scene. Poor Charlie... Claire doesn't remember anything about their relationship. On a sidenot, I wonder if Claire not remembering anything about the island is kind of like when Charlie didn't know what happened after he came back. Awww... some touching moments. Claire finally realized that they were lovers. And we get this really wierd sniffing noise as the flashback begins. I'm hoping that that was Charlie sniffing and not a bad sound effect. Anyways, looks like he's picking up ladies with a friend. What fun.

Claire doesn't remember anything after being on the plane. Jack fills her in on the crash, etc. Charlie gives her her journal and tells her they are friends.

Jin asks Sun what's going on, she pretends not to know what the others are saying.

Locke & Boone mention that they were very deep in the jungle when they found her, and that she's been gone almost 2 weeks.

Sayid is very suspicious of how Claire got away from Ethan.

Charlie babbles on and on to Jin about how it must be great not to understand anything, therefore no responsibilities.

Ethan knocks out Jin and theatens Charlie. He'll kill one person each day until he gets Claire back.

Boone is on his shift. Now, I know that Ethan is a bad guy and all, but... can't they get rid of Boone now? Just, please... I know it won't happen, but I can wish... right?

Locke, Boone and Sayid set up traps around camp perimeter.

Jacks sharpens a knife, Kate suggests they break out the guns, Jack thinks that's too dangerous.

Flashbacks show Charlie and his buddy Tommy partying with groupies. Charlie starts dating a 'posh bird' named Lucy. They have dinner with her dad Frank. Charlie ends up confessing that Drive Shaft is dead, and he takes a job selling copiers. According to Tommy, he's supposed to be stealing stuff from Lucy's house.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-09-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Ah... Boone tripping? Priceless

Ouch. Scott is dead. Remember Scott? He played in that one scene where he helped save Jack. Even in death, they still confuse him with Steve not too heartwrenching, but it gets the point across...

+ Reply to Thread