+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 461 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

FORT Fan
    I missed the pilot, but I caught tonight's show - it seems like a great show, I like it so far, and I'm glad they are running the pilot this Saturday.

The actress that plays Shannon is Maggie Grace, it doesn't look like she's been in a whole lot prior to Lost.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I'm starting to wonder exactly what this 'it' is... if Sawyer killed a bear, then is 'it' a bear? Or is 'it' something entirely different, only known just in case they need to kill a character quickly?
    Maybe it's a family of bears..."and somebody's been sleeping in my bed"

I liked tonight's show a lot more than the first one. I could watch this all day.

I'm starting to think this show might be brilliant. If it were a movie, I'd be mildly interested. I'd watch till the end. But when they draw it out through a TV series, with all these mysterious elements, I'm totally hooked.

JR, that's what I was thinking -- maybe the bear they shot was just a cub.

I hope they go investigate the source of that 16-year-old radio signal soon (for one thing, to figure out what's powering it).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    More than a family of bears, I think. I'm thinking the comic book plays into the mystery somehow. When they showed the boy reading it, there was a shot of one page of the comic book where there was, an apparantly angry polar bear on it's hind legs about to attack. The boy then quickly turns the page and they talk about the dog, etc. etc.
    I guess it could have only been foreshadowing, but it may be more...

Oh, and I agree with you, Lucy. They totally have me hooked On the down side, I find the all good-looking cast distracting.
    Last edited by toque; 09-29-2004 at 10:16 PM.

I recognized the pregnant woman from Roswell. She was one of the alien kids. Funny, she got pregnant on that show, too.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    More than a family of bears, I think. I'm thinking the comic book plays into the mystery somehow. When they showed the boy reading it, there was a shot of one page of the comic book where there was, an apparantly angry polar bear on it's hind legs about to attack. The boy then quickly turns the page and they talk about the dog, etc. etc.
    I guess it could have only been foreshadowing, but it may be more...
    I noticed that too... I'm starting to wonder if it's the little boy, not the guy, that's the real 'star' of the show... all of the major events seem to happen around him.

And next week should be interesting... that guy seems a little crazy... but the big looming thing he's screaming at tells me that something bad is going to happen to him

lost-tv.com is a great site

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I noticed that too... I'm starting to wonder if it's the little boy, not the guy, that's the real 'star' of the show... all of the major events seem to happen around him.
    And next week should be interesting... that guy seems a little crazy... but the big looming thing he's screaming at tells me that something bad is going to happen to him

Wouldn't surprise me if he bought it...
    and who has he befriended so far? Oh yeah, just that kid. (whose dog just so happens to be the only creature fond of the jungle. )

Curious now, did he mention how his mom died?

FORT Fogey
    One more thought. I'm thinking the interchange between the old "crazy" guy and the kid was pretty significant. Especially that bit about there being two sides... light and dark which I'm interpreting as good and bad.
    So the question is, who's good and who's bad? Both seem to have strange connections to the island and it's creature.
    Or it could be that I'm allowing them to lead me exactly where they want...

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Where can I find out the cast members for "Lost"? The girl that plays Shannon looks really familiar.
    nilesgirl.... if you've been watching DOOL for a long time Kate reminds me of an actress named Shannon Sturges (Sturgis?). She was on Days... oh lord, forget it, probably way before your time.

She was also in the tv show Savannah.

ETA: Here's a pic of SS... if you've seen her in anything other than a still shot with her hair... the similarities are quite uncanny.

Last edited by Broadway; 09-29-2004 at 10:56 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread