+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    QBOOTS rules! thanks
    Elizabeth was on Survivor ?
    Surely you jest??? Or aren't you a Survivor fan? If you go to old Survivor sites I'm sure you will find gazillions of posts on the beautiful Elizabeth.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Forgive me for being out of the loop, but are you still in Australia, or back in Alberta?

Just wanted to mention something about "Lost" that is really bugging me. The fact that nobody seems to have a calendar. Even Tom Hanks in "Castaway" kept track of the days by scratching marks into a rock wall. I know I'd be doing that if I was stranded, but maybe I'm just more anal than anyone on "Lost".
    Well maybe some people have them, but its just not being shown on TV. After all, some of the characters (Kate, Shannon) have mentioned that "_____ number of days has gone by already". after all, if they DID do the same thing as Cast Away, we would get a bunch of people complaining about how they ripped off Cast Away.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Regarding the calendar issue, I'm sure Sayid is keeping a running total, right down to the last minute, inside his head. Or on his homemade sundial.

Locke could figure it out by the position of the sun and stars.

Forgive me for being out of the loop, but are you still in Australia, or back in Alberta?
    Back in Alberta, for another month or so, before I go back.

I'm sure someone is keeping track on a tree or something, or scraping it into the rocks, or everyone's keeping track. They mention how long its been in every episode, so SOMEONE knows.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Can't wait for tonight's new episode!!!

so, in the promos, there was a dark figure coming through the bushes

will it be Claire, Ethan, or Danielle?

Boone keeps fighting with people, and theyall keep kicking his ass
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 01-19-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Back in Alberta, for another month or so, before I go back.
    Well that will be a heck of a climate change.

Tonight's show opens with Michael searching for Walt, who has taken Vincent for a walk. Turns out Locke is giving him knife-throwing lessons, and Michael strongly objects. Boone tackles Michael when he waves a knife at Locke.

Charlie's looking for Claire's luggage. Hurley's arranging a golf tournament for the last of the deoderant sticks.

Flashback shows Michael and Susan shopping for baby furniture for Walt.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Who else loved it when Michael punched Boone? Gotta love Boone feeling pain.

A raft? Not liking that idea... they can't kill Walt and Michael off that way! I just can't see it actually working. That, of course, means that it probably will.

Woah... Michael got hit by a CAR? That looked life-threatening and serious...

Sun asks Michael if he's OK. He's not sure how to bond with Walt, and doesn't want him to have to grow up on the island. Sayid, Jack & Shannon are still trying to figure out Danielle's maps. Michael suggests building a raft.

Flashbacks show that Susan wants to take a job in Amsterdam. (She & Michael aren't married.) Michael's been unemployed for months. Later he phones her in Amsterdam and finds out she's seeing her boss, Brian Porter. He vows to come and get 21-month old Walt, but then gets hit by a car while crossing the street.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Wow, the whole 'getting hit by a car' thing really came out of nowhere. I was typing something on here and I looked just as he got hit. Made me jump!

Wow, Locke was telling Walt that he should respect his father, and that they shouldnt be talking to eachother anymore. Either he's being truthful, or this is all part of his 'grand plan'.

Boone is a cutie. Looks a bit like a St. Elmo's Fire Rob Lowe. Michael is way over reacting to Looke spending time with Walt.

OK, so Walt's mommie is a bit of a witch. She won't put Walt, who is 21 months, on the phone AND she doesn't bring Walt to the states when she goes to visit Michael. Of course I'm assuming Micheal IS the biological father and didn't sort of step into that role for a pregnant friend.

Charlie realizes Claire's diary is missing, he & Kate go to see Sawyer. Sawyer hasn't read it, but pretends it says bad things about Charlie. Charlie slugs him.

Michael has another confrontation with Locke about Walt, and threatens to kill Locke. He didn't hear Locke telling Walt he has to respect his dad's wishes.

Flashback shows Michael recuperating in hospital when Susan comes to visit him. She and Brian are getting married, moving to Rome, and Brian wants to adopt Walt.

Meanwhile, Hurley informs Michael that Walt has wandered off.

Michael goes to Locke and they realize Walt is missing.

Kate tells Charlie she's glad he's keeping Claire's belongings safe until her return. He is having a really hard time keeping himself from reading her diary.

Walt & Vincent walk through the jungle, they hear noises and Vincent breaks off the leash. Walt hears growling.

A Walt flashback shows they've moved to Australia. He's trying to get his mom's attention but she's feeling ill. He yells "You're not looking!" at her, and then a bird (who's obviously not looking) flies into their window and dies. (The kid is spooky!)

the boy DOES have a way with things in books

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    The thing that's really annoying me about Locke is that it appears that he's trying really hard to get to Michael using Walt. The funny thing is that Michael is rebelling more than anticipated, so Locke is trying to get back on his good side...

Woah... look at the dead bird... a dead bird on your porch is usually a sign that someone's gonna bite the dust, so I'd have to guess that the mother is gonna go... pretty soon.

Whoa that nanny's pretty hot.

Well I guess now we know how the polar bear(s) got on the island.

Is this the first non-normal thing that has happened, and that is known officially?
    Last edited by Canada Ranger; 01-19-2005 at 08:43 PM.

JR.
    He yells "You're not looking!" at her, and then a bird (who's obviously not looking) flies into their window and dies. (The kid is spooky!)
    Uh oh, looks like they're heading in a direction that they said they weren't going to go in.

Odd, Walt and the Polar Bear were blowing cold air smoke during the attack. Does the coldness follow the Polar Bears and that is why they can survive on a tropical island. Explain that one without some voodoo science...

Flashbacks show Brian coming to Michael, saying Susan died suddenly of a blood disorder, and he doesn't want Walt, because there's something "different" about him. Stuff "happens" when Walt is around. Michael flies to Australia to collect Walt. Vincent belongs to Brian, but he says Walt can keep him.

Locke and Michael find Vincent's leash, and catch up with Walt, who is trapped inside a clump of Banyan trees by a polar bear. Michael climbs down inside. Locke hauls Walt up with a vine.

+ Reply to Thread