+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

threadjack
    Thanks for the pics, touque Just stopping in to show off my new AV
    end threadjack
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cali

Personally I like it this way. The popular show threads are always near the top and I can just hit the "Go To First Unread Reply" arrow and catch up.
    So do I, actually. I post a lot so I just go to my last post and continue on from there. Easy, really. And you don't get a lot of repeat information in a bunch of different threads this way. Just my opinion on it.

Glad you like it, adk!

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    Since I went out on a limb suggesting Amelia and her co-pilot I guess I'll make the big jump......here goes. Aren't there island in the Pacific where the native language is French? Maybe they crashed on one of those islands and lived with the natives. When they died, the natives laid out their bodies in the cave. Years later one of the surviving natives made the taped message that we heard. 16 years later none of the original inhabitants are alive.

Let it never be said that I don't have a pretty good imagination.

toothdoc
    I don't think I really believe the Amelia Earhart theory, mainly because I think it would involve too much work in getting releases from the families, but....

James Michener's Tales of the South Pacific were based on his experiences while stationed on French New Caledonia during World War II. So, it would seem there are islands in that area where French is or was spoken.

I love this show. It's wonderful to see such a well-written, non-predictable, character-driven tv series being aired AND that we, the public, are showing the networks that we are intelligent and discriminating enough to support this kind of show.

Cheers to everyone as we went over 1000 posts in this thread. Any guesses to how many we have at the end of the season?

I just finished watching the first two episodes and yes, joining the Love fest. Finally some interesting drama on t.v other than all those CSI and Law and Order type shows. I find the Korean woman fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria
    Anyone out there from the Sacramento area? We have a Kings basketball game scheduled for broadcast on the ABC affiliate on Wednesday during the Lost timeframe . I have searched the TV listings and can't find when they have rescheduled Lost and I'm near frantic!! If anyone knows please post it for me. Thanks.
    I'm pretty certain it is being shown at 9pm on Saturday. Check Channel 10's website, they indicated infornation can be obtained there.

Lost tomorrow! Lost tomorrow! Lost tomorrow!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Re-watched the pilot last night on CTV.

Only a couple of things I noticed... hopefully I'm not repeating stuff:

When Charlie fell in the mud, Jack ran to help him... later he states "We were dead, and then Jack came back..." Why we? This show is a mystery, and every good mystery has "real" clues and ones meant to take you off-track. Sometimes I think the references to them being dead are the teaser clues...
    Also, Charlie's song line is "We are everybody"

A lot of number references. So we know, backgammon has a die with the numbers, 2,4, 8, 16, 24, 36, 64.
    The number 16 was shown or mentioned at least 3 times in the pilot. (16 hrs since they crashed, during the backgammon game the number 16 was showing on the die, and Sayid said they radio loop had been for 16 years, 5 months)
    And if it matters, () Walt is 10 years old)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by toque
    Re-watched the pilot last night on CTV.

Only a couple of things I noticed... hopefully I'm not repeating stuff:

When Charlie fell in the mud, Jack ran to help him... later he states "We were dead, and then Jack came back..." Why we? This show is a mystery, and every good mystery has "real" clues and ones meant to take you off-track. Sometimes I think the references to them being dead are the teaser clues...
    Also, Charlie's song line is "We are everybody"

A lot of number references. So we know, backgammon has a die with the numbers, 2,4, 8, 16, 24, 36, 64.
    The number 16 was shown or mentioned at least 3 times in the pilot. (16 hrs since they crashed, during the backgammon game the number 16 was showing on the die, and Sayid said they radio loop had been for 16 years, 5 months)
    And if it matters, () Walt is 10 years old)
    Ooooh, but Toque, someone mentioned earlier a reference to FOUR years being repeated, right, and.....drum roll....4 x 4 =16!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Holly there are some *reality* shows with no individual forum. So the chances of LOST getting it's own are slim.

It doesn't matter to me either way; I wasn't trying to get one. It was just an observation.
    Last edited by holly71; 11-02-2004 at 09:56 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread