+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBS snap up new David E Kelley series.

CBS snap up new David E Kelley series.

From Yahoo

CBS has wrapped up the rights to David E. Kelley's next series, an hourlong drama about three brothers living in a small New Hampshire town.

Under a lucrative pact inked in 1999, just after his short-lived "Snoops" debuted on ABC, Fox Broadcasting gets a first-look option on all Kelley's TV scripts. But Fox executives allowed Kelley to shop the untitled series after reading a first draft of the pilot script and decided the show's tone didn't meet their development needs. CBS president Leslie Moonves quickly made a play for the project.

The pilot script has already been written, with casting set to begin shortly. Unlike some of his recent projects, Kelley is expected to have a pilot ready for screening before CBS presents its fall schedule to advertisers in May.

In addition, Kelley is also working on ideas for a new Fox Broadcasting project that could be ready by midseason 2004.

CBS and Kelley previously collaborated on "Chicago Hope" and "Picket Fences." Kelley is currently represented on the airwaves by ABC's "The Practice" and Fox's "Boston Public ( news - Y! TV)."

This just has to be better than Girls Club doesn't it?
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Can't imagine how it could be worse, Fluff.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Exactly, LG

If it has a bunch of people singing and dancing in bars at the end of every show I swear I will shoot my TV.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    maybe they are Irish brothers and they'll sing Irish songs and dance a jig, Bill.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Oooh...a weekly dose of "Riverdance"...

LG.
    uh oh, this series is still in development. We'd better hide this thread before someone from the network reads it and thinks the public wants a weekly version of family riverdance. ACK, what have we done!

FORT Fogey
    maybe they will start the show singing and dancing in bars

Originally posted by firegirl
    maybe they will start the show singing and dancing in bars
    Ahhh.... well, that should work then!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread