+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hack - New Drama CBS

Hack - New Drama CBS

SERIES DEBUT!
    Friday, September 27, 9 PM ET/PT

Starring David Morse and Andre Braugher

From the official site:

HACK is a drama about Mike Olshansky (David Morse), an ex-cop turned taxi driver who seeks redemption by fighting for and righting the wrongs of others. Once a decorated police officer, Mike is abruptly kicked off the force after he's caught taking money from a crime scene. With his law enforcement career in tatters, Mike begrudgingly embraces his new life as a cabbie, a job that requires long days and nights and a steady supply of caffeine and eye drops. When one of his passengers is beaten by a group of thugs, and when another asks him to help locate a missing daughter, Mike realizes he can still use his police know-how to help those in need. As he contemplates moonlighting as a crime solver, he seeks support and assistance from his longtime friends, including former partner Marcellus Washington (Andre Braugher), who is eager to repay Mike after he kept silent a secret that could shatter his own police career. Marcellus, forever in Mike's debt, gives him the inside information Mike needs to help others, while Mike assists him in doing the work a cop can't do. Father Tom "Grizz" Grzelak (George Dzundza) is both Mike's drinking buddy and forthright friend. At home, Mike faces drama of a different sort from his estranged wife, Heather (Donna Murphy), and son, Michael Jr. (Matthew Borish) The closer he examines his own life, the more Mike finds himself unable to stop intervening in the troubled lives of others.

I like both the stars of this show and the trailers I have seen look promising so this is another show I'll look out for.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This is on at the same time as John Doe! Maybe I'll flip to this during commercials.

Oh how annoying, so many clashes in the new season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It seems like the clashes are more apparent this year. I really wanted to give Fast Lane a shot but it's up against TAR. So much for that idea.

STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!!! ARg, must go find pet peeve thread again!
    Hack, I think, is the new show I am most looking forward to. I like the actors, and the premise.... since I've never heard of the guy who plays "John Doe" I fear I will have to go with HACK.
    TiVO is SO paying the programmers off!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

ooh! has "john doe" aired? that was one i wanted to catch!!

man, i cannot keep up with the shows this year. there are simply too many i want to see at the same time.

next tuesday is gonna suck.... 7pm "that 70s show", season premiere of "buffy the vampire slayer" and "8 simple rules". last tuesday i didn't even have buffy to worry over and i STILL couldn't seem to get the vcr set properly.

and i have no tivo.

I warched this show last night and thought it was great.Finally a show on Friday night worth watching.Now if they will only move it to 8 EST so it won't be on at the same time as Stargate SG1 when the new season premiers in a few months.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Ah, TV Junkie... Stargate, ANOTHER one we like here!
    We watched Hack last night. I really enjoyed it too. My only complaint was Hacks "interesting rap" at the internet guys door. I just thought that was weird. He sounded goofy to me
    I really like the cast though
    I have a feeling this will be my new Friday Night fare.... Sorry John Doe
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I have it taped so I'm hoping I will enjoy it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread