+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Without a Trace

CCL
    I haven't heard anything about either of the actors leaving the show. Maybe Martin hauls butt and reverses the car out of there. I think they will both survive, though both will probably be somewhat injured (don't see how they couldn't be). And then Sam can come running to Martin's hospital bed. Ah, feds in love.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I guessed I missed the finale. How many of the primary characters were in the vicinity of the shooting? It would be an incredible, if less than happy series finale to have all the characters that are essential to the show being wiped out at once.

Going back to Jack's dream episode specifically and Jack in general for a moment, he doesn't strike me as a person at this point in time that has any business carrying a loaded weapon around. He's a too tightly wound spring nut ready to give. Its far too easy imagining him being led away in chains or cut down with lead.

CCL
    LeftCoaster - Martin & Danny were transporting a criminal when their car was ambushed. So just those 2 were in the vicinity of the gunmen. Vivien's surgery for her heart ailment had been problematic but they showed it had worked out okay when Jack went to visit her in the hospital and her husband smiled up at him (no dialogue, music). Then they cut to Martin & Danny in the car waiting for the light to change. It changed and the van in front of them didn't move. Then the back doors of the van burst open and 3 (?) gunmen emerged, guns ablaze.

Thanks, CCL

The earlier descriptions of the gun action make it sound more like the transportee was the primary target rather than a beloved sidekick they're attempting to spring free. I believe as well like you suggested that shifting into gear is Martin and Danny's best shot at surviving, though depending on where the baddies are standing it might be more effective throwing it into drive and sandwiching them between the car and van before possibly throwing it into gear and disengaging.

I like this show well enough when I watch it, but I sometimes leave it playing loud enough to loosely follow while I go into another room and do something like this. Of the shows I do watch regularly enough, this is one where they could dramatically readjust the cast without it bothering me all that much.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I believe as well like you suggested that shifting into gear is Martin and Danny's best shot at surviving, though depending on where the baddies are standing it might be more effective throwing it into drive and sandwiching them between the car and van before possibly throwing it into gear and disengaging.
    The way it was set up, the gunmen jumped out of the back of the van and were standing right in front of the car with the guns raised before before M & D had a chance to react. I don't see how they're going to get out of it without some cheesy "suspension of bisbelief" thing.

FORT Fan
    I will be very bummed if both of them leave.

I must have missed an episode ... can someone tell me what happened with Sam and Martin? I don't remember them breaking up or having a big fight.

TIA,

Beth

CCL
    Beth - I don't remember Sam & Martin having any big fight, per se. They were just having a series of arguments about their relationship - he wanted to be open about it at the office and she wanted to keep it secretive.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Like Melsevene, I absolutely hated the John Michael episode.

The finale was great, but I will be so bummed if EC is leaving.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Thanks, CCL

The earlier descriptions of the gun action make it sound more like the transportee was the primary target rather than a beloved sidekick they're attempting to spring free. I believe as well like you suggested that shifting into gear is Martin and Danny's best shot at surviving, though depending on where the baddies are standing it might be more effective throwing it into drive and sandwiching them between the car and van before possibly throwing it into gear and disengaging.

I like this show well enough when I watch it, but I sometimes leave it playing loud enough to loosely follow while I go into another room and do something like this. Of the shows I do watch regularly enough, this is one where they could dramatically readjust the cast without it bothering me all that much.
    I think everyone in the car was a target but the person being transported most of all. He was involved in a successful assassination (on an unpopular dictator from an African country where there was lots of genocide going on, I think). The head of security for the embassy appeared to be involved in the disappearance of the missing person, a young woman who was unknowingly helping the assassins. It was a very complicated plot, so I can't take time to describe it all, but the folk from the embassy were not particularly happy about how the FBI had dealt with them and the role they unwittingly played in the assassination (or at least in failing to prevent it).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    the folk from the embassy were not particularly happy about how the FBI had dealt with them and the role they unwittingly played in the assassination (or at least in failing to prevent it).
    Unhappiness with how the FBI deals with others seems to be a common enough theme, one that appears in all sorts of shows and flicks. That's one of the things I like about Without a Trace as a show, the arrogance factor of the FBI seems to have been diminished somewhat. (Not that I don't personally love you, Mr. and Ms. FBI )

I hope to see this episode among what reruns are shown, assuming a summer entry isn't going to crowd them out altogether.

+ Reply to Thread