+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boomtown

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Boomtown

Anyone else love this incredible show?

I love it. Last nights show was pretty good, but I wanted more of an ending. Love Doogie (Neil Patrick Harris) in evil roles, he does them so well. I like the moving around format, you get different points of view and it makes the story come together.

Welcome to the fort by the way....
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I haven't watched it, I think it's a 10pm show, right? I've heard great things about it, but I just can't stay up that late watching TV on a regular basis.

I didn't start watching it as it was up against the Practice.

I wish I'd watched this and given the Practice a miss instead.
    I'm hoping they'll rerun this from the start.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I want to see it too, but Practice is my show. Last night's practice was a rerun and a bad one at that.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    Thanks for the welcome!! Yes, it is a 10 PM show and it is difficult to stay up that late. My hubby is military and it looks like we will be moving to central time zone this summer, so I'm looking forward to watching it at 9 PM. lol

I'm sure they will rerun it from the start, just because of the excellent reviews it's gotten. Nancy is so right....the way they tell the story from everyone's point of view sets this show apart from the others. Donnie Wahlberg and Mykelti Williamson (Bubba from Forrest Gump) are excellent in the leads.

I just wanted to recommend it to everyone out there!

I watched for the first time last night.

Doogie... uhg what a good creep.

Pretty scary/violent topic last night. I had heard of tapes like that being made (For those who did not watch, last night they dealt with 2 guys who would pay homeless people to beat the crap out of eachother, tape the whole thing, then sell the videos on line. One of the homeless guys got killed when Doogie wanted "more" and offered the fighter a bottle of wine to hit the other with a brick....ewwww)

I am not sure about the whole bouncing around thing and the almost black and white flashback type shots. I did enjoy though, and will probably watch again.

Usually we do The Dead Zone, but we were taping last nights DZ for my son, so figured we'd watch together some other time.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I've seen a couple episodes and it is very good. One thing I'd recommend for the producers is that when they switch perspective to make sure that we know who we're following by showing a clear shot of the person and not just a name because I don't know all the characters' names yet. When they switched to the dad of the homeless guy, I was like "who is this" because I didn't recognize the name and he was first shown talking to a couple cops.

Donnie Wahlberg is actually a decent actor. Who would have thought it? About his baby's death and his wife's suicide attempt, I missed the early episodes but I'm wondering what all explanation there has been. I just wonder about the baby's death because he said she had post partum depression and when they woke up the baby was cold. I didn't know if they'd left the plot open as to whether the mom had actually smothered the baby in the night (post partum psychosis) and the suicide attempt was stemming from that. Not sure, but seeing the wife sitting in the tub (that she'd tried to commit suicide in) with headphones on, it was just, um, creepy. Who was watching their 8 year old son. I just get a really bad vibe from that wife, but I'm probably just being paranoid.

The lawyer who's not as big of an asshole as he could be, kudos! Yes, the videotape of the cop shoving the guy with the camera is bad and can't be ignored, not when it involves the LAPD, no matter how nasty Doogie Howser is these days.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    I really like this one and like that they don't jump around as much this season.
    When did Donnie Wahlberg turn into such a hottie? Dizzamn!
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

They better not screw up this show with scheduling.I thought it was fine in the sunday 10pm slot,I'd watch Alias then Boomtown.I can't do Fridays.This show has potential to be great,NBC...ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast