+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grid

FORT Newbie

The Grid

has anyone seen the new TNT show "THE GRID"? it TOTALLY rocks. Dylan McDermott (The Practice) leads and if you liked 24 and/or ALIAS you will luv this too!

http://banners.thegridwebmaster.com/...jsp?image=2740

tell me what you think!

I've been watching it. It's pretty interesting the way they show what's going on behind the scenes with the terrorists. Too bad it's only a limited run series. The one terrorist I would really like to strangle is the Chechen-born American. It's sad to think that there are other Americans that would do what he has done overseas and what he's attempting to do on U.S. soil.

FORT Newbie

agreed

its not all about foreign terrorists - weve got some people here that are willing to sacrifice. thats bull man. and yea - cuz its a limited series i HOPE they release the dvd version - u think they will?

on a lighter note - did u enter to win the DODGE MAGNUM on their website?

FORT Newbie

damn good show

im pissed that its a limited series - do u think it will come out as a dvd box set?

Quote Originally Posted by texasluv
    its not all about foreign terrorists - weve got some people here that are willing to sacrifice. thats bull man. and yea - cuz its a limited series i HOPE they release the dvd version - u think they will?

on a lighter note - did u enter to win the DODGE MAGNUM on their website?
    I'm no expert on DVD releases, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they do release it. They may wait until after the sequel - if they do one, that is. I would love to see a limited/miniseries sequel, or have it developed into a standard, full series. It probably won't become a full length series though, at least not with Julianna Margulies and Dylan McDermott. I read on TV Guide Online that neither of them wants to return to TV full time, though they would consider doing The Grid as a limited run again. I guess everything depends on the ratings.

Dodge Magnum, huh? That's a nice ride. I didn't enter because I don't have much luck on these contests. Besides, I'd probably just hurt myself with a car like that.

Filmmaker and TV Fan
    I wasn't too impressed with The Grid. I watch and review a lot of film and television, and this one just didn't stick with me. I watched the first two weeks and quit.

Perosnally, I feel that "24", which is similar to this, is not only a better show, but the best show on television at the moment. Anyone who hasn't seen it, go rent the DVDs. It is absolutely incredible.

FORT Newbie
    GROK -

thx 4 the dvd release info. im clueless on that type of stuff. u seem to like the show - or have some respect for it (u konw alot about it). r u gonna watch the finale 2nite?

FORT Newbie
    2HR FINALE 2NITE!! get it fo' its gon'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasluv
    GROK -

thx 4 the dvd release info. im clueless on that type of stuff. u seem to like the show - or have some respect for it (u konw alot about it). r u gonna watch the finale 2nite?
    I thought the finale was well done. I'm glad the producers didn't take the typical Hollywood path of catching all the bad guys and thwarting all of the terrorist acts. Meaning, I thought everything was handled realistically. It showed governments and agencies within governments conducting coordinated operations to stop terrorists which they successfully did with the terrorists on the tanker. But yet, the good guys weren't able to stop everything, unfortunately. I thought the Jordanian doctor turned terrorist was an interesting character. How can a doctor who takes a Hippocratic oath to help others unleash sarin gas on people? Throughout the episodes, we saw him struggling with his beliefs while sinking in deeper with the terrorists. I guess the turning point for him was when the Jordanian secret police beat and killed his sister. Still, it's sad to think there are people like him out there.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I had these on Tivo and have watched all but the finale.

This is an EXCELLENT mini-series (or whatever they are calling it)

The actors are great, and the storyline is so realistic it's frightening.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast