+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grid

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I had these on Tivo and have watched all but the finale.

This is an EXCELLENT mini-series (or whatever they are calling it)

The actors are great, and the storyline is so realistic it's frightening.
    BravoFan, have you watched the finale yet? Great series. Seems almost too realistic for comfort, you know. I had read on TV Guide Online that a sequel is "in development." Don't if that means it is really coming back, but I'm guessing someone has given a green light to writing a script at least.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Nope, still haven't seen it yet. It's on my Tivo still, but for some reason I tend to watch all the 1-hour shows first and it just sits there.

I think you also have to be in the right mood to watch it because unlike some shows, this one you really need to pay attention to or you can get lost. I remember in one of the episodes I was also trying to pay bills/balance the checkbook, etc... and I ended up rewatching 1/2 of it because I was confused.

It's a shame it wasn't longer. And what a great cast. I think they did a really poor job of marketing the show, though. I accidentally found out about it one morning when the Regis and Kelly show was on in the background and I saw Dylan McDermott on it and thought I might as well check it out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It is hard to multi-task with shows like this, huh? I hope it does come back. I still miss The Agency on CBS which dealt with terrorist storylines too, though not in the unique manner that this show did.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Grok, just wanted to let you know I finally saw the finale last night!

Great! I'm so sad to see it over. I was so crushed when Raza was killed.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yeah, it was sad to see Raza get killed. Was definitely one of the good guys. At least he was able to save 3 of the boys. Really terrible to see such young minds warped like that - which is why the terrorists go after them in the first place. On a related note, I just started reading the 9/11 Commission Report. I've only reached pg. 78, but so far I've read some interesting background on the formation of Al Qaeda, Bin Laden, and history of the Middle East countries and their problems. Though it is obviously a sad reminder of 9/11 events, it is very informative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12