+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fat Actress

Fat Actress

Kirstie Alley is going to star in a comedy about a fat actress in Hollywood. She's now hovering around 300 lbs. She's a sad sack cause she was quite an attractive lady in her heyday. She looks like a big drag queen now. I have a feeling the show will be a smash!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    hmmm a show about a fat actress, sounds like its gonne be cancelled. does it have a storyline at all yet?

Alley To Poke Fun At Image With 'Fat Actress' Reality Show

POSTED: 11:42 am EDT July 23, 2004
    UPDATED: 12:02 pm EDT July 23, 2004

Former "Cheers" star Kirstie Alley is taking on the tabloids and Hollywood attitudes with a new reality series that pokes fun at her weight.

Image: KirstieAlley.com
    Kirstie Alley

Cable network Showtime has announced that Alley will star in "Fat Actress" -- a six-episode half-hour "hybrid comedy reality series."

In the show, Showtime said, Alley will play fictional version of herself -- "a successful television and movie star whose weight gain has become the subject of every tabloid imaginable as well as the bane of her existence as she tries to find work and true love in an unforgiving Hollywood."

The show will be unscripted and dialogue will largely be improvised, said Showtime.

"Kirstie Alley came to see us -- with 24 dozen Krispy Kremes in hand - and said she was so tired of seeing unflatteringly fat pictures of herself on the cover of The Star that it was time for her to send-up her own image as well as Hollywood's obsession with weight and beauty," said Showtime President of Entertainment Robert Greenblatt in a statement. "Kirstie is an incredibly gifted comedian and a beautiful woman (regardless of her size), and we jumped at the chance to go behind the scenes of her life in a unique comedy series format which will blend reality and fiction."

In addition to playing Rebecca Howe on "Cheers," Alley has starred in the series "Veronica's Closet," as well as the "Look Who's Talking" films opposite John Travolta.

And while Showtime doesn't start shooting "Fat Actress" until fall, she appears to be already happy with her new gig.

"Finally, a network that feels just like home," Alley said in the show's announcement. "They don't give a damn how much I eat or how many men I sleep with as long as it's on camera."

Showtime said the show will start shooting in Los Angeles in September and air in 2005.
    http://www.channelcincinnati.com/ent...15/detail.html

Maybe this should be moved the reality show forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gigohead
    Kirstie Alley is going to star in a comedy about a fat actress in Hollywood. She's now hovering around 300 lbs. She's a sad sack cause she was quite an attractive lady in her heyday.
    And in her heyday she was a cocaine addict. Which she has talked about extensively. She has been a bigger girl since Veronica's Closet... so I don't see what all this hoopla is about. I saw her recently on Entertaiment tonight and she is still very funny & pretty.

It must be hard to be fat in Hollywood

I'm glad it's a sitcom not a reality show. If it were a reality show, I'm not sure whether I'll give Kirstie my viewing eye. I'm struggle with my weight too and I'm only half of what Kirstie is (she's toppled 300lbs). I'm not sure whether I'm ready to see the reality of how people treat or perceive overweight people.

As a comedy, I might give Kirstie a try. Her whinning can be too much, but she is quite funny.
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

I like Kirstie. I'll be watching.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

I like her too. (She was MUCH better in Cheers than her predecessor).

However, I find this whole thing a little sad.....does anyone else?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I also find it sad. I wonder if after taping the show she will lose the weight. Any means would be great to see the old Sexy version

I can't believe this is how I'm using my first post on these boards.

I worked on Veronica's Closet the final two seasons. I only want to know two things: which one of her personalities has she been using to give interviews? And will it be the same one that will be seen on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Malenkaya
    I can't believe this is how I'm using my first post on these boards.

I worked on Veronica's Closet the final two seasons. I only want to know two things: which one of her personalities has she been using to give interviews? And will it be the same one that will be seen on the show?

Ah, personalities, does this mean Kristie is two-faced, or a real actress; nice to her fans but a total bitch to the working peons? Or to give her the benefit of the doubt an ex-addict trying to set boundries so she doesn't slip and start doing coke again. Well, actually she has slipped except her drug of choice is now Kristpy Kreme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast