+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fat Actress

Here here! Kirstie is one ugly woman but she's smart for making fun of herself like she has been. Good for her for making fun of herself and profit from it.....before others do!!

I honestly believe all the hyping only benefits her. I'm sure I would not be laughing had I been an obese woman. I'm sure they (the obese) don't appreciate the fat jokes even if they are only directed at Kirstie.
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

I am always one who will give any show a chance, but this one really looks like it is going to be terrible. I think Kirstie kind of lost it after the eighth Look Who's Talking.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I am always one who will give any show a chance, but this one really looks like it is going to be terrible. I think Kirstie kind of lost it after the eighth Look Who's Talking.
    Hehe - in the first episode of Fat Actress, Kirstie mocks herself about Look Who's Talking. There is a scene where she is a mess and is begging John Travolta to do another Look Who's Talking movie with her. She begs and pleads for him to do a LWT #4 with her and keeps rattling off plot ideas such as "we haven't had talking cats, yet! The cats could talk in this one." It's hilarious!
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

I agree, KC. I found that scene to literally be laugh-out-loud funny.

I think the type of humor in this show is not for everyone. It's on the uncomfortable side, sort of like Curb Your Enthusiasm (which I personally love). But along with that is some serious self-deprecating humor, and I'm a huge fan of people who make fun of themselves. I couldn't possibly care less what she's like as a human being outside of the show; I just know that I've been cracking up watching these two episodes.

Premium Member
    I really wanted to watch this but I don't get Showtime. I'll just have to check here and read about it.

I watched like 5 minutes of this show and I thought it was garbage. I really liked Kirstie Alley in "Look who's talking" & Cheers etc, but this is just a huge ego feast on her part, it's horrible. Sorry Kirstie. You're trying waaaaaaay too hard. There was a couple of chuckle scenes but not enough to compensate for an entire episode of bad scenes =/

I was hoping it was gonna be good too ...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Premium Member
    Now she's dieting publicly, doing commericals for Jenny Craig and has supposedly lost 20 pounds so far. I applaud her for having the guts to put herself out there and for having the ability to make fun of herself plus make money doing it.

Tigra,

I liken the comedy to Saturday Night Live - campy and overdone - and Curb Your Enthusiasm - self-depreciating humor. I got the complete opposite vibe - in my opinion, she was mocking herself - making her ego out to be huger-than-life, etc. A "laugh with me at me - a large, dillusional, rich, Queen Bee-otch who has lost it."

Oh well! There are shows I dislike that other people rave about (Idol, any of the marriage/dating shows, etc.) so different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Then again, maybe I just like potty humor - I am still laughing at the laxative/Kidd Rock flirting scene.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

This is the only comedy show in ages that I've watched and laughed out loud at. I was never a Kirstie Alley fan but this show is outrageously funny. I nearly peed my pants watching the Charlie's Angels movie scene.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree, I love the show and find myself laughing out loud at some of the things that are said and done. For instance, this weeks episode, when she runs into an old boyfriend. He's in the parking lot full of men, and she's yapping away not realizing that its a pickup spot for gay men. That was so funny to me. I love her show and wish her the best of luck losing weight.
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast