+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fat Actress

I think the woman is bipolar or something. She has amazing mood swings and can shift on a dime. She was always fun to watch - as long as you were more than an arm's length away! I'd never seen someone who was the star of their own show be so unhappy about it.

Kathy Najimy, her sidekick on the show, such a sweetheart. I worked at FRIENDS for two years as well (both BKC productions on the WB lot) and Kathy used to bring her nephew on tape days to watch production. Kathy's good people.

Kirstie got herself a hit

She's on the cover of People. She's got some good PR people. The publicity about her weight gain is enough to garner her a hit. It seems that most comedians are bipolar. I'm not surprised that she's biopolar. She seems like she's bitch on wheels.

I'm anxious to see a good show on TV. The choices are few and in-between. Hope this is a hit.
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenkaya
    I think the woman is bipolar or something. She has amazing mood swings and can shift on a dime. She was always fun to watch - as long as you were more than an arm's length away! I'd never seen someone who was the star of their own show be so unhappy about it.

Kathy Najimy, her sidekick on the show, such a sweetheart. I worked at FRIENDS for two years as well (both BKC productions on the WB lot) and Kathy used to bring her nephew on tape days to watch production. Kathy's good people.
    I have heard quite a bit about Kirstie being a nut job. Isn't she also that weird religion (the one Travolta is)?. I've seen her come off as a freak in many interviews. I not interested in the show...good idea, i just think someone else should play in it.

Has anyone (besides me) been watching this? I watched it the first week out of morbid curiosity, but I was hooked in the first few minutes. I haven't laughed so hard at a show in...well, hell, a long time. Hilarious.

Amanda,

I watched the first episode and thought it was very funny! I'll be watching more.

As for other people's comments about Kirstie being a "nut job," etc., - it seems like a good chunk of entertainment industry folks are. Heck, I don't work in the entertainment inductry and I run into people like that on a daily basis.

Anyway, I especially liked Mark Curry and Kirstie's assistants - funny!
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

As I said!! Kirstie's a HIT!

It is a funny funny show.

Glad I made the right prediction!!
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

FORT Fan
    I think she's funny. I was wondering how the show was. I don't have the network that its on. I've heard she's lost over 20 pounds... also heard she is wearing a "fat suit"
    Don't know if thats true though???

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams
    I think she's funny. I was wondering how the show was. I don't have the network that its on. I've heard she's lost over 20 pounds... also heard she is wearing a "fat suit"
    Don't know if thats true though???
    It wouldn't surprise me if she is wearing a suit during the filming - she seems heavier in the show than in the Jenny Craig commericals running on network tv. Also, they had her pretty well-covered up in each of the scenes - well, covered except for plunging necklines.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kcfemmefatale
    It wouldn't surprise me if she is wearing a suit during the filming - she seems heavier in the show than in the Jenny Craig commericals running on network tv. Also, they had her pretty well-covered up in each of the scenes - well, covered except for plunging necklines.
    Well I wish her luck in the weight loss as I don't like the outfits she's been wearing to cover up in. They make her look even bigger.

I won't be watching this, because after watching Kirstie on a few talk shows the past few weeks, as she's been promoting her new book and the show... whew, what a narcissistic shallow cat!

On the Larry King show on CNN, she was especially obnoxious. I lost count of how many times she talked about "everyone's always said" how beautiful she's always been, how funny she's always been, what good taste she has, how smart she is, etc. If her constantly droning about that wasn't sickening enough, she agreed that she's always been beautiful, funny, and smart and talked about how her life has been affected -- good and bad -- by being so beautiful and funny (her exact words).

You know, when someone tells you a dozen or more times in an hour how beautiful and funny and smart and clever they are... they become very ugly to me. And I have a feeling that her friends aren't feeling so warm towards her either after she called them all fat. (Larry King asked her if any of her friends told her how big she was getting, and she replied that "all of my friends are fat too")

Even though I liked her in the past (Cheers, Star Trek movie, Veronica's Closet), now I think she's one ugly woman and I wouldn't give her ego the time of day.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast