+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Love the 90s

Micheal Ian Black was the best thing about 'The State'. (Not his line, but "I wanna dip my BALLS in it!")

When they were doing a segment on NYPD Blue, they showed a clip of him playing a latino drug dealer (from NYPD Blue) LOL. it was hilarious.

I'll chime in and say the 80's was a better set of shows. Only because more time had elapsed. Some of this stuff they show, seems just like yesterday ... hard to conjure nostaglia for that.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Hmmm... I was also a teenager in the early-mid 90's and I don't remember half the stuff you are talking about here.

Must be all the booze and video games I consumed. I never really watched that much TV.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I think most of the time I've enjoyed the 70's & 80's but it was due in part to the people they interviewed and their take about said item/event/person.

The 90's shows don't seem as funny as the other shows with regard to those interviewed - I'm really disappointed. Some of the subject matter as well as the sets were not quite up to the standards set by previous shows.

I love VH1 and I love the 90's - just being critical I guess.

P.s. It would be nice to not have sooooooooo many re-runs. [/idea]

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    There is going to be 'I love the 90's Part Deux'...so surely we will see
    Sex and the city
    Seinfeld
    Kurt Cobain
    Princess Diana
    and all the other stuff they left out this time.
    Last edited by AmandaFabulous; 07-19-2004 at 11:32 AM.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I actually liked *most* of the people who were on it. But why, oh why did they have to have WILLIE GARSON? Evil, evil Willie Garson... laughing about dead parents... yes, it was funny, but Willie Garson made it a little less funny... and why was Bob Guiney there? Can't he just fade back into obscurity? I wasn't really loving Jerry's final thoughts, but they were better than Garson/Bobert.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Luis Guzman. Man, I can't even put into words how much that guy sucks. They bring him back for every single one of these damn things, and the man has never said anything funny, interesting or insightful. He's painful to watch. I have to mute him, lest I start throwing bricks at my t.v.

And also, meh. I watched a bunch of the episodes, but really, it was just too soon for this. I know VH1 was all hot to recapture the success of the other shows, but this was totally unnecessary. Although, that said, I was watching. So I guess I should just shut up now.

This flashback series would be good in ten years! it sucked!

I'm 34 and having been a young adult in the 90's, I found this series BORING and DULL! It was not the fault of the show's producers, the whole decade was boring and dull.

VH1's 70's and 80's series were actually good -with the exception of having too too young "stars" commenting on an era when they were in diapers!

I was so "non-plussed" that I found myself as bored as Michael Ian Black - who is normally quite funny! :phhht

I like Willie Garson and Luis whoever and Loni and everyone but Bob Guiney and Pedro Papadoklis (or whatever his name is, LA radio guy, only did one segment thankfully) ever time I heard Guiney's nasal pip squeak voice talking about MY () decade...it makes me want to hurl.

ETA: I hate Jerry Springers final thought. and I'm not crazy about Bolton's cheesy hotties...who are NOT the people I remember being hotties of the time, but whatever.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Speaking of Michael Ian Black...am I the only one who remembers "Kids in the Hall"?

Wasn't he on it? My friends and I would watch this after my parents went to bed and I remember it being hilarious...but I was like 13, so maybe it wasn't that funny.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Oh, I loved Loni. Loni was awesome. I also liked Hal... notsohot on Bolton's segment. Jay and Silent Bob were hit-or-miss the entire time - some of them were awesome, where others were just crude, not really funny.

I loooved the "Help! I've fallen and I can't. get. up!" segment. The concept of those commercials makes me laugh. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast