+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Love the 90s

I think the 'I love the 90's' shows are way better than the '80's' ones...but then I was a teenager in the 90's so I guess it depends on your age.
    Well I was a teen all thru the 90's as well, but I still like the '80's' shows way better I was watching a little of 'I love the 90's' today, and they were 'reminiscing' about DR. KEVORKIAN & that 'Rico Suave' guy.

I laughed hysterically through each episode. I grew up in the 90s and they were totally crazy. Like the 80's had some cool stuff and he 70's were cool (though I didn't live through the 70's)--- but the 90's are just kind of one big joke! Watching these people say such funny things about this insane decade just totally cracked me up. I loved it! I hope they do a "strikes back" series.

The 90's edition is awright. Not to par as the 80's Strikes Back....

Yay
    Rachael Harris
    Jay & Silent Bob
    Chris Jericho
    Edwin Mccain
    Liz Phair
    Hal Sparks

Gets A Yay but sometimes annoying...
    Michael Ian Black
    Loni Love
    Mo Rocca

Naaaay.....Naaaay...
    Michael Bolton
    Jerry Springer

Donal Logue, where for art thou?

A lot of stuffs that made an impact in the 90's got overlooked but the things that they did cover brought back a few memories. The only one that I thought made me go what the....?!?! Is Hammer saying Soho's Hippychick was the best dance song of 1997..... I looked up amazon cause I know that song came out much earlier which is 1991! HELLO! :rolleyes

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I love love love this series. My favorite commentators are Michael Ian Black, Mo Rocca, Hal Sparks , Rachael Harris, Edwin McCain (though he did seem to think a lot of things were "the best ______ ever!") and some others...

I knew just about everything from I Love the 90's. Surprised they didn't talk much about Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier (unless I'm losing my memory and they did...). Barney...oh God, that brought back some horrible memories.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Does anyone know when they're re-running these? I'm sad I missed it. I really did love the 90s, come to think of it.

ETA: Ignore this post. What was I thinking, this is VH1, they're gonna run it ad nauseum all weekend.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    The 'I love the 90s' shows aren't half as good as the 'I love the 80's' shows...I Love Mo Rocha & Rich Eisen
    I agree Firestorm!I think these were produced too quickly or something..and the dancing baby is making me crazy!

I love Ian Michael Black's commentary(he's very,very dry and takes a little getting used to),but Hal Sparks is starting to bug me. I think he may be trying too hard.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I'm so disappointed. I graduated in 1997 from high school and they missed out opportunities on SO many 90's things, like Beavis & Butthead, Daria, My So-Called Life, Friends, Seinfeld, etc. Not to mention their timeline was SO off it wasn't funny. During 1997 they said that the Dance hit was "Hippychick" by Soho...sorry, that came out in 1990/1991. And in 1996 about Zooba (??) pants, another 90/91 thing. Oyyy!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    I'm so disappointed. I graduated in 1997 from high school and they missed out opportunities on SO many 90's things, like Beavis & Butthead, Daria, My So-Called Life, Friends, Seinfeld, etc.
    I forgot about Daria! I looooooooved Daria!

This is my stop,got to get off,I may go pop!

Where did I learn?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I agree Firestorm!I think these were produced too quickly or something..and the dancing baby is making me crazy!

I love Ian Michael Black's commentary(he's very,very dry and takes a little getting used to),but Hal Sparks is starting to bug me. I think he may be trying too hard.

Ian is hysterical....I LOVE dry humor... I was watching them talk about when Nancy Kerrigan got hit in the knee..what he said really cracked me up ....(But, can anyone tell me what Ian is famous for? The only thing I've ever seen him on is VH1 specials.)

Nobody has mentioned Kato Kaelin. God, he just won't go away!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    Ian is hysterical....I LOVE dry humor... I was watching them talk about when Nancy Kerrigan got hit in the knee..what he said really cracked me up ....(But, can anyone tell me what Ian is famous for? The only thing I've ever seen him on is VH1 specials.)

Nobody has mentioned Kato Kaelin. God, he just won't go away!
    I'm sorry, is it Michael Ian Black? anyway,he was on the tv show Ed that used to be on NBC,but it recently got cancelled.

Where did I learn?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast