+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSI axes two stars

JR.
    I'm glad they got rid of Jorja, I never liked her character. It sucks that they threw George out.

It would be ridiculous if they recast, they need to bring in new characters.

Any idea how much they were making & how much they were asking for? I seriously doubt they were seeking out Friends-type money.

I agree with most of the people in this thread. Recasting the characters is way too soap-opera-ish [like when the characters change and "age", they go from twelve to twenty-five or when their look just completely changes (Days of Our Lives' Phillip Kiriakis)]. I can't believe CBS axed them because they were asking for more money. They probably were not asking them for that much more. I mean they are so stupid to do so. They are just going to lose viewers in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree with you BravoFan, I love CSI: Las Vegas, but I can't stand to watch CSI: Miami. I find it completely boring. I think I'll probably watch CSI: New York. I'll have to see how it is. If it is anything like CSI: Miami, I'll Hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    For me it's like night and day. I can't watch more than 15 minutes of Miami. I find the characters and actors completely unbelievable, uninteresting, and not charismatic at all.
    I agree with this. For me it is definitely the actors AND the plot. I can't watch David Caruso, but love William Peterson. Sara I will not miss. Nick was one of my favorites.

Geez, that's what they get for being greedy. What are the chances that either one of those actors will ever land a huge hit tv series again? How dumb they were!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodaar
    Any idea how much they were making & how much they were asking for? I seriously doubt they were seeking out Friends-type money.
    I haven't seen any information about how much money they wanted, but as far as I know George Eads and Jorja Fox were taking in about $100,000 an episode. Marg Helgenberger pulls in $200,000 for an episode, and William Petersen gets half a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I haven't seen any information about how much money they wanted, but as far as I know George Eads and Jorja Fox were taking in about $100,000 an episode. Marg Helgenberger pulls in $200,000 for an episode, and William Petersen gets half a million dollars.
    While watching one of the Access Hollywood type shows...maybe it was E! weekend edition? (I see too many of these kind of shows.) haha!

Anywho it "claimed" that CBS had made a one time offer to both actor's. A small increase of their salary to finish out the next 2 years. It was a take it or be fired kind of thing.

Appearantly this whole issue has been brewing for a while. CBS never got a straight answer from either actor, if they would accept the bump in pay and show up for work.

So CBS sent out the letters a couple of weeks ago, to the actors and their management. CBS ask to have it in writing that both actors were going to take the offer and show for work. CBS claims they were ignored and received no answer... so both actors were fired. Ouch!

Now for all the George Eads fans... are you going to see his made for TV movie about Evil Knivel?? Its going to be on TNT. I have seen it advertise all week long. (I never did see when it was going to air...)

Reality Tv Addict
    Wow that sucks. I love both of those they literally are the hottest things on the show. I guess we'll definately be seeing more of geeky Greg this season (which isn't a bad thing).

For replacements, they could bring Bug or Nigel over from Crossing Jordan. They're mainly medical examiners on their show, but could be retrained as CSI's.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I could do without Sara, and can imagine how they'll write her character out - send her back to LA where she came from. The whole Elektra complex-thing she had with Grissom was a big turnoff to me.

But Nick... wah!! I liked him so much. I imagine they'll give Nick a promotion to a different department or he takes a job that requires him to work in another part of the state or something like that.

As for the actors themselves - I think Jorja Fox was unfairly fired because she did show up for work. But George - eh. CBS had every right to ask for some assurance that they would continue to perform on the contract, and they will probably say that because they didn't receive that assurance that it was okay to terminate Jorja, and George even moreso because he failed to show up for work and apparently breached the contract.

Those two characters.. heck, none of the characters are really integral to the show, unlike the situation on Everybody Loves Raymond. CBS is just playing hardball and taking a stand to prevent further "strikes" like this mid-contract.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast