+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSI axes two stars

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They can dump Jorja , But George ?? No way. Yet another show down the tubes. The funny thing is they should have talked to David Caruso over at CSI miami. He pulled the same stunt on NYPD blue the first year and was kicked to the curb.

Though a search was under way for their replacements, it's unclear whether show creators will recast the characters or develop new ones, the reports said.
    It's unbelievable that they're even thinking of recasting the characters, if they do that I definitely won't be watching. I've gotten used to Jorja and George playing Sara and Nick and it's bad enough they got fired but to continue with the characters is just insulting to them and us. For me, the only way to continue is to introduce new characters and write out Sara and Nick.

Recasting the characters would be ridiculous, this is a quality drama, not some stupid ass daytime soap.
    If they are both sacked they need to be written out altogether imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

As for recasting I don't believe they would have to recast George's part. Greg was supposed to be getting promoted to CSI anyways, so he would just take his spot. As for Jorja's part, I see a another younger Catherine-type character to replace Sara.

ugh this is horrible news! I dont care much for Jorja but George is a main draw to the show. CBS burns my butt - they have shows like Big Brother and Survivor - who combined payout less than 3 million dollars.. for a whole season's entertainment - I'm sure they could afford to give the actors of thier highest rated drama a crumb of the spoils that they helped bring into CBS
    C - certainly
    B - brainless
    S - simpletons
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Those two walked away rich w/o working

It is safe to assume that since it was CBS that breached the contract, they will need to pay the actors their salaries up to the 2 years that they would have worked. George Eads will have no problem lining up another job!

It was a stupid move by CBS. What did those greedy corporate SOB's have to win by firing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    To be honest it's the stories not the actors who make me watch CSI.
    I agree. But the loss of these two main characters (though I never really cared much for Sara, but I do like Nick) will definitely take away from the show. I certainly would not recast for Nick/Sara's parts, if I were the CSI directors.
    Gustav Holst was right!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    A lot of people knock Miami, but I don't see much difference between it and Vegas..
    For me it's like night and day. I can't watch more than 15 minutes of Miami. I find the characters and actors completely unbelievable, uninteresting, and not charismatic at all.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I agree with all of you. If they recast Nick and Sara, I'll never watch another episode. As for Miami, I can't stand David Caruso so I just can't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    For me it's like night and day. I can't watch more than 15 minutes of Miami. I find the characters and actors completely unbelievable, uninteresting, and not charismatic at all.

I just can't believe this. I love CSI and Nick was one of my favorite characters. I guess that Greg will have a more important part in the show, that's the only good thing that will come out of that situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast