+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSI axes two stars

Petersen's contract is supposed to be rock solid til 2007 if I remember correctly. I don't think the show will be the same without Jorja and George.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    NO! I loved George Eads. Didn't really care if Sara left or not.

I agree, I don't know wth they are thinking with all these spinoffs. Miami is just horrendous. I can't stand that show. It's the cast and their interaction that make this show possible (which is why CSI rocks, and Miami is a dumper imo)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

This just plain sucks!!! It's crap like this that made me boycott CBS for 2 years.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    To be honest it's the stories not the actors who make me watch CSI.

Yeah, this is why the show is successful. While it's nice to feel connected to the characters, they are secondary to the plot. CSI will survive the cast changes - just like Law and Order does. That said, I'll miss these two actors, too. They did a great job. This whole thing seems pretty harsh on CBS's part. But from what I read, CBS is trying to take a hard stance against the growing number of actors who refuse to report to work in order to force renegotiation of their contracts; the problem they had with some cast members of Everyone Loves Raymond last year.

I think the actors are very important, that's why Vegas is great and Miami is crap.

I've never liked Jorja Fox in anything, so her going is the easiest loos to me of any of the cast, but I like George Eads and the character he plays.

I don't know what they earn, but I bet they got lowballed when they originally signed their contratcs.
    Scrap Miami and pay the Vegas folks more.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not sure how Jorja Fox breached her contract by not answering a letter asking if she intended to show up. I smell a lawsuit.

CSI has officially jumped ship. Those two were my favoriate characters and now CBS fired them because they wanted more money. C'mon this is the top rated show on the air. I think they can afford to pay them more.

For me, the cast is the main reason I watch the show. I liked the little romance brewing between Grissom and Sara. That was really the only reason I liked him. Catherine I cannot stand, she just bothers me in so many ways. Warrick is alright but it is really Sara and Nick that make the show for me.

It really makes me mad that even though Jorja went to work she still got canned. I know I won't be watching next season

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think the actors are very important, that's why Vegas is great and Miami is crap.

I've never liked Jorja Fox in anything, so her going is the easiest loos to me of any of the cast, but I like George Eads and the character he plays.

I don't know what they earn, but I bet they got lowballed when they originally signed their contratcs.
    Scrap Miami and pay the Vegas folks more.
    A lot of people knock Miami, but I don't see much difference between it and Vegas. The stories are just as good and interesting as the original show. And the casts are pretty much the same. I give the nod to Vegas only because its characters have been developed more. I think the biggest issue with Miami, and why a lot of people don't like it, is David Caruso and his character, or both. I find him irritating sometimes, but I still enjoy the show.

As far as contract disputes go, I have always had a problem with actors and athletes walking off the job in the middle of a contract. You sign a contract, you honor it. If you don't like the terms, want more money, etc, then either don't sign it in the first place, or wait until contract renewal and make sure you get it then. In the real world, we can't tell our boss, "Hey, I'm not coming to work anymore until you pay me more money." Never mind the terms of the employment contract you signed in good faith. But, I know, the entertainment industry exists in a different universe, so I'll get off my soapbox now.

Here's the CNN version of the story (you can also read it by clicking here)

Reports: 'CSI' actors fired
    Fox and Eads let go for breach of contract, sources say
    Friday, July 16, 2004 Posted: 9:24 AM EDT (1324 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Two stars of the CBS hit television series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" were fired for breach of contract, KCBS-TV and Variety reported Thursday.

Actors Jorja Fox and George Eads, who play investigators Sara Sidle and Nick Stokes, were fired after asking for more money to stay on the show, according to the reports.

Danica Smith, publicist for both Fox and Eads, told The Associated Press that Fox was fired Wednesday but did not have details. Smith could not confirm whether Eads was fired.

A CBS spokesman said the network had no comment.

Eads didn't show up for work Thursday, the first day of production for the next season, according to the news station and Variety, which posted a story on its Web site Thursday.

The actors were in the fifth of their seven-year contracts.

Though a search was under way for their replacements, it's unclear whether show creators will recast the characters or develop new ones, the reports said.

The show picked up four Emmy nominations Thursday, including one for best drama series.

Maybe CBS is trying to nip these star demands for more money in the bud. They already pay Ray Romano an ungodly amount of money for his show. Yes, I realize CBS is making a lot of money and can probably afford to pay their actors more,but television is still a business after all.IMHO of course.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast