+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Emmy Nominations Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I love Alias but this season was off. Jennifer won't win, although she is the most deserving. And neither will Victor, for the same reason - the writing went way out there.
    Yeah, I agree with you. I love Alias, but this season was a little off. The writing was really weird and iffy. Out of all three seasons, I think this season was the weakest, and the season finale was definitely not as good as the first two finales. I still think Alias is really great, though. For me, I thought the show turned a little soap-opera-ish with the whole long lost sister thing and the possibility of a lot of people being related. I don't think Jennifer will win, but I think she is the most deserving. She is great on Alias. I might be a little pissed when Edie Falco wins again (I have never watched The Sopranos, so I don't know how she is.)

It's good to see that the Emmy folks are finally recognizing provocative shows like Deadwood and Nip/Tuck. It was an intelligent move that Emmy voters were allowed to submit 10 nominations per category instead of 5 (a change to the voting procedures). Mariska Hargitay (SVU) and Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) were excellent choices for Lead Actress. Tyne Daly is fantastic in her supporting role on Judging Amy and I wouldn't mind seeing her win Supporting Actress. James Spader saved The Practice, along with William Shatner and Sharon Stone in supporting roles.

I wanted to see more nominations for the cast of Deadwood to go along with Brad Dourif getting a Supporting Actor nod. He's great in pretty much everything he does. Both Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant were great in their roles as Al Swearengen and Seth Bullock, respectively; both very complex characters. If Deadwood is around long enough, I think these two will eventually be nominated - and maybe, some of the other actors.

I thought the tortured doctors on Nip/Tuck - Julian McMahon and Dylan Walsh - had Emmy-worthy performances. I have hope they will get recognized in time.

What I don't understand is how The West Wing was nominated in any category again. I like the show and loyally watch it, but it's been mediocre for the last two seasons. Their Outstanding Drama Series spot should have been filled by Without A Trace, Law & Order: SVU, Nip/Tuck, Deadwood, or Six Feet Under. And Matthew Perry gets nominated for Guest Actor on West Wing. Are they kidding? Why? Did he get nominated because he didn't crack any jokes like Chandler Bing? I kept expecting Joey to show up in a scene, telling Chandler he just scored with an intern in the Lincoln Bedroom. :rolleyes

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Another pleasant surprise on this list: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Hard to believe that it beat out the more popular Trading Spaces, Monster House, etc. But kudos to the producers, because this is a pretty good show.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

FORT Fan
    I think Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has hit at just the right time in a nation that's beaten down with violence and sadness. This is a show about helping people who deserve to be helped. It's about taking something drab and making it beautiful. It's got fun, talented, pretty people to look at (can you say Ty? lol). Every week we laugh, we cry, we feel like we've become a part of these people's lives. I mean really, what's not to love about this show? If I could vote, I'd give it the Emmy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234