+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emmy Nominations Announced

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I am somewhat upset to see The Shield was not nominated AT all??? Hmmm wonder why?

Yeah the Citibank commercials are hilarious! Genius!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Finally, those Citi identity theft commercials crack me up every time I see them. It lifts and separates!
    A long, long time ago I made this animated gif for my siggy at a different site:

That's how much I love that commercial. I just hope it doesn't lose to something stupid like the Rubberband Man one. And I'm probably the only person on Earth who can't stand that Donkey commercial, but that one may win...
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    Wow, I must have been snoozing when they announced nominations for best commercial (I'm another who didn't even realize that was a category).

I love most all of the Citi Bank I.D. theft ads. But my absolute favorite is the Asian dentist/hygenist with the Larry the Lounge Lizard voice-over. Lord help me, I've known men like that in real life! So deliciously sleazy...makes me laugh every time I see this spot!
    I love the one with the man who has the voice of a woman with a Southern accent. I even remember what s/he said! Especially the last line, which was "I could be the prettiest girl in the whole development!"
    Gustav Holst was right!

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    Bonnie Hunt proved a woman can improv better or at least equal to her male
    counterparts! She WAS funny, charming, creative, and a natural! Guess that's
    why they cancelled the show. HBO should pick this up. She has a most refined
    sense of humor, and I think that's what drives her. I'm pretty sure she could handle
    the Jay or Dave timeslot...(had Johnny been around, he would have picked her.)
    She is the ad lib Queen! Most of all, she's a natural...with the most attractive
    glasses I've ever noticed.
    Cancelled!!!!!
    I hope she wins.
    Last edited by Great Pyr; 07-17-2004 at 12:18 AM.
    A terrible beauty is born

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pyr
    sense of humor, and I think that's what drives her. I'm pretty sure she could handle
    She is the ad lib Queen! Most of all, she's a natural.
    Absolutely agree. When she's on Letterman, I laugh hysterically from beginning to end. She's very quick.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pyr
    She is the ad lib Queen! Most of all, she's a natural...with the most attractive
    glasses I've ever noticed.
    Cancelled!!!!!
    I hope she wins.
    So do I! My whole family loves her show, and her show is probably my favorite non-reality show. I found her to be very funny and was disapointed when her show was cancelled. I really hope she wins.

FORT Fan
    Another fan here of Bonnie Hunt. Love her (now-cancelled) series on ABC. Yep, her improv skills are first-rate. But you know what? She has a lovely singing voice, too! I enjoyed her singing almost as much as her improv.

I would love, love, LOVE to see Bonnie Hunt replace Jillian Barberie on "Good Day Live." Steve, Dorothy and...Bonnie. Now THAT is a trio I'd tune in everyday to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The person I most want to win an Emmy is Cynthia Nixon for Sex and The City. She's such a good actress, and this season was her best. I loved the show down between her and Carrie regarding the Russian.
    I agree,Lotuslander. Cynthia Nixon has been amazing in the last couple seasons of SATC,and is underrated.

I was surprised to see that CSI wasn't really nominated for anything...

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I love Alias but this season was off. Jennifer won't win, although she is the most deserving. And neither will Victor, for the same reason - the writing went way out there.

My guess is that Edie Falco will win (again) or Allison Janney - in a supporting role that only gets lead actress billing because she is first among female supporting cast. :phhht I still resent the fact that she is even in this category.

I am happy to see Kristen Davis finally get a nomination - emmy folks have imagined that she was invisible all these years. Another :phhht to them.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I really really hope that Drea DeMatteo wins for Supporting actress in a drama...for "Long Term Parking' (Sopranos) she SO deserves it.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast