+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will and Grace

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Recap?

Can someone fill me in on the first half hour?

I saw the last 25 minutes. I'm guessing that in the first half hour, Grace moved to Spain to be with Leo and had their baby girl. I tuned in when Grace was doing the dishes after dinner at Will's and they were trying to plan going to the movies and realized how busy their separate lives were. Then it flashed forward to the future...was that supposed to be the actual future (TV wise, I mean) or were they thinking about what could've been...

I choked up a little when the Queen song came on ("...you're my best friend...")...

Thanks!

FORT Fogey
    i loved will's son and grace's daughter.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Can someone fill me in on the first half hour?

I saw the last 25 minutes. I'm guessing that in the first half hour, Grace moved to Spain to be with Leo and had their baby girl. I tuned in when Grace was doing the dishes after dinner at Will's and they were trying to plan going to the movies and realized how busy their separate lives were. Then it flashed forward to the future...was that supposed to be the actual future (TV wise, I mean) or were they thinking about what could've been...

I choked up a little when the Queen song came on ("...you're my best friend...")...

Thanks!
    It started in present day, with Will and Grace preparing for her to have the baby and for them to raise it together. Will went out to do laundry, and Leo arrived, with Grace sitting at the table so he couldn't see she was pregnant. He came in and told her he was in love iwht her and wanted to grow old with her, get married and have babies. She stood up to show him they were well on their way to the baby part, and the kissed.

Then it advanced to two years later, with Will raising a son with his partner (I can't remember the guy's name, but the one he broke up with the week before) and Grace living back in NYC with Leo raising her daughter. It was Will's birthday, and both couples were talking about how Will and Grace had not spoken in 2 years.

Then we went to Jack and Karen (one of the funniest scenes of the show) taking bubble baths, talking on the phone about how they needed to get WIll and Grace back together. The camera pulled back to show they were in the same tub. The funny part was where (and it fit in the conversation) Jack declared "I'm sick and tired of us being just the supporting cast on the Will and Grace show!"

So Jack and Karen made plans to trick WIll and Grace into going to the hospital, Karen telling Will Jack had been in an accident, and Jack telling Grace Karen had been in an accident. They both ended up in the room (with an unknown homophobe in a body cast) and were reunited.

Then we saw Jack and Karen out to eat, and Karen's nemesis the short little annoying rich guy came in. Karen found out that her credit card was declined and she was broke as the short little guy was propositioning Jack to be his new kept guy.

It sounds like you saw the rest from there.

Thanks Veruka! (BTW, Will's boyfriend is Vince. I'm glad they got back together!)

I freaking love this show, I have the first 4 seasons on DVD and watch them all the time, I have not watched as many of the newer episodes, but the finale for me was so super sweet and cute. I loved that Karen never aged! too funny. Jack and Karen singing "Unforgettable" made me cry. I thought it was a sweet way to wrap up the show.

The "special" that was on before the finale was so funny!

I was only mildly impressed with the finale. I think the only real bright spot (and touching) was Karen and Jack's duet singing "Unforgettable". I thought the whole thing with Grace dreaming that Jack was married to Kevin Bacon and Karen was married to Rosie was ridiculous. That's one thing that was forgotten about the first half hour. It actually started off with we see an aging Grace wearing a red track suit. And she's fat. Will has a bad toupee and they are bickering back and forth. Grace says that their child (Grace's child) had gotten into trouble. The child looks like he (or she) is in their teens. They try and punish the child and the child leaves. They talk about how they've aged and Karen walks in looking the same as she always has. She reveals that she's married to Rosie who comes in looking like a biker chick (real dumb). Then Jack comes in wearing a veil. He's singing his own ridiculous version of Here Comes The Bride. He has a bad tan and Will says "Where'd you get married? On the sun?" He introduces his husband and it's Kevin Bacon. Will and Grace start bickering again a little later and Will tells Grace that she ruined his life. We discover that it's a dream that Grace is having. Will wakes her up and when he leaves to do laundry, Leo shows up and tells her that he wants to get back together. She reaveals to him that she's very pregnant. That's when they fast forward to two years later.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 05-19-2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I was only mildly impressed with the finale. ... I thought the whole thing with Grace dreaming that Jack was married to Kevin Bacon
    Thanks nilesgirl. Yes, but did they do the "Footloose" dance? (That was freaking hysterical when Will and Kevin did that the first time he guest starred!)

I knew Megan had Broadway training but I never expected her voice to be so lovely. Sean was great, too, when they dueted. (One of the things that I really disliked about the show was that Karen's voice got more and more grating each time. In the first few episode of the first season, she has a hint of that but it's much more normal and tolerable.)

She was on The View yesterday and she said she was actually up for the part of Elaine on Seinfeld but her college buddy Julia-Louise-Dreyfuss got the part
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by meeka6 View Post
    It was the duet that did it for me. I cried. I just really felt how in the moment they were and how amazing they were. To me....THEY were the reason I watched the show. Especially with the way the will and grace storyline seemed to end with all the time spent apart and what not... I just dont think they would have allowed themselves become so distant. Having children the same age is a huge bond...I just dont get that. Anyway...karen and jack have carried that show comedically for years....I think both "Jack/Karen" and "Sean/Megan" really felt that. You could tell. Anyway for ME, "Unforgettable" is what I will carry with me.
    You must have loved that joke they made about themselves: "ever feel like we're just the supporting cast on the Will & Grace show"
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I think the only real bright spot (and touching) was Karen and Jack's duet singing "Unforgettable".
    That did bring tears to my eyes. It was a lovely rendition of that song, and the lyrics were very appropriate.

I was sad that Will and Grace basically were out of each others' lives for the entire time it took to raise those kids, but glad they finally got back together. It was touching although predictable that the kids would get together in the end.

+ Reply to Thread