+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will and Grace

FORT Fanatic
    Yeah and I heard on the news that the religious groups are already upset about the cruci-fixin cooking segement.

But a better question is what are fundamentalist christians doing watching "will and grace"??

The thing is these groups berate the networks with form letters and they get scared. On the flip side, the people who don't care, do exactly that don't care. They don't mind seeing Britney Spears, or are offended on what they saw on "the book of daniel" but they don't challenge these groups. So these groups always seem to win out.

Frankly, I am more upset that Britney Spears is even appearing in general
    Last edited by jman79; 02-03-2006 at 12:18 PM.

FORT Fogey
    The thing that kills me is that NO ONE has even seen the show yet there are groups out there already getting all upset. Let the show air and then make a judgement. It seems to be a new tactic with these groups (they did the same thing with Book of Daniel which would have died on its own because it was a bad show).

Last night was a return to top form for me, I loved it. Fave line: We can't be seen hugging here, we're on the corner of Murder and Homophobia. And what a HOT kiss between Taye Diggs and Will.

Christian group angry over Britney 'Will'

This story is trivial, but the timing couldn't be better given other religious zealots running amok (with machine guns) in protest of their prophet being mocked. These religious goons seem to think that everyone is required to worship and follow the prophets they've chosen to worship and the rules they think they've been commanded to follow.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A conservative advocacy group that urged a boycott of NBC's recently canceled drama about a pill-popping priest turned its wrath Thursday to an upcoming "Will & Grace" episode that it says will mock Christ's crucifixion.
    According to NBC's initial synopsis of the episode, Jack's fictional TV network, Out TV, is taken over by a Christian broadcaster, leading Spears' character to do a cooking segment on his show called "Cruci-fixin's."

story
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Last time I checked, every tv has an off button. Or you can always switch channels. It's a comedy show for crying out loud. It's not the 6 o'clock news. It's interesting that in some places, religion doesn't seem to be bringing people together, encouraging acceptance or forgiveness. Their followers are acting in the exact opposite of what they are preaching. Stupid, eh?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

Looks like the religious group has won this round too . The fact that NBC is backpeddaling and saying the script hasn't even been written yet gives them an out to not do the episode as originally planned without actually admitting that the religious group influenced their decision.

Thought I'd give this thread a final farewell bump honoring tonight's finale. I used to watch this show religiously, but have only bumped into new episodes of it on occasion. I always find parts of it hilarious and funny, hate the mushy stuff, but I look forward to catching all the great episodes I've missed in reruns for many years to come. Bravo!
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Goodbye Will & Grace - You've had your day, now go away.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I didn't think I would miss this show, but after watching the finale tonight, I know will I will miss it so much. The finale was just amazing.
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 05-18-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    It was the duet that did it for me. I cried. I just really felt how in the moment they were and how amazing they were. To me....THEY were the reason I watched the show. Especially with the way the will and grace storyline seemed to end with all the time spent apart and what not... I just dont think they would have allowed themselves become so distant. Having children the same age is a huge bond...I just dont get that. Anyway...karen and jack have carried that show comedically for years....I think both "Jack/Karen" and "Sean/Megan" really felt that. You could tell. Anyway for ME, "Unforgettable" is what I will carry with me.

+ Reply to Thread