+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will and Grace

Eric McCormack plays Will and Sean Hayes plays Jack.

Eric McCormack is not gay. He is married and has children. He's happy to have a role, and to play it in a way, where he doesn't take flak for being a straight guy playing a gay role.

I have no idea about Sean Hayes.

It's funny because that's the same for me. Everyone's seen Eric McCormack with his kids and whatnot, but it's not hard to picture his as straight anyway because his character is very "straight-acting" as opposed to Sean Hayes's character, Jack who's very flamboyant. And I don't have a clue on him. He's gonna be on Ellen (great talk show!) tomorrow, so maybe she'll make some reference to his sexuality on the show.

So, what does everyone think of the new season so far?

yeah how come you dont make a section on Will and Grace. This is making its way up there. I mean it is going to replace Friends and get more ratings
    yaya

Um, this IS the section on Will & Grace. It can't be that popular with our particular group of members if it's only gotten 14 replies, and you had to dig it up from page 4.

I've tried to watch it about half a dozen times and haven't found it funny yet.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well..I think it's funny. I didn't at first, but now I do.

In reference to Jack being gay, he's not. I saw an interview (or biography..not sure) with him and he's straight. I think he did a puffed dorito commercial too...the one where the doritos are being shot into the female model's mouth.. ??

Anyway..yes, it's the Jack/Karen show..for sure. They still crack me up.

One of the lines that I still remember...when Karen's mom was in town and convinced Karen to scam "one more time". They were at the hospital to have a dying old man sign papers so Karen's mom will get all the $$, Karen had to play being the "slow" child. God, I laughed so hard!

Someone asked Karen why she was dressed that way for her mother, and Karen said something to the effect of..

"Well...lets just say I was a cheerleader in H.S., but I haven't stopped clapping".. I laughed so hard!!!

*sorry if this is all rambly...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Dex
    Can you believe I've just discovered this thread? I love W&G! But I have to agree that the new season is not really funny at all. The jokes were a little forced. They were a lot better previously.
    I like the episode where Jack tries to hook up with a gay-man turned straight at a sort of therapy session to help gay people become heterosexual. He and Karen were greeted by an effeminate man and a manly woman, who introduced themselves as Kevin and Jodie
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

I agreed, this show had to grow on me, the first few times I watch it it wasn't funny to me, but then, I also had to take awhile to like 70s Show. I think in the beginning I had to get used to the way the show was constructed and inside jokes.

But the new season is a disaster! I watched through tonight's "all new" episode (according to NBC site), the one with Geena Davis as the visiting sister, and it didn't make me laugh once at all. I was pretty bored during most of the show and if there was a way to fast forward I would have pressed that button several times. It's sad that one of my fav sitcoms is going downhill...

+ Reply to Thread