+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Will and Grace

FORT Fogey

Re: Will and Grace

I look forward to how they're going to do this, since if Lila and Ben are 10-11 years old in these new episodes .... and we already know that they don't meet until starting college and that they wind up getting married ... it's going to be kind of awkward because the viewers will have to pretend they don't know all that. I guess they would have to rewrite history that viewers loved to pull this off. And will Karen still be wealthy and Jack not, and we'll have to pretend that never happened either?
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 01-20-2017 at 07:15 PM.

That's what I'm thinking -- and I'm fine with it. They wrote the finale a certain way so that the show would have a dramatic ending. But now they don't need that ending anymore, so why chain themselves to it?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

True, but I'm curious if viewers will just be expected to forget that iconic ending, or if they have some means of explaining it away (like "the dream" in Dallas, lol). The best part of the show was when W&G lived together, so if they go back to that era, it would mean no kids. I'm just waiting to see an article somewhere explaining how they're going to incorporate these 10 episodes in the show's timeline. In any case, I'm really looking forward to it! Watching Saturday W&G marathon on WE right now! The hilarious water bra episode was on a couple of hours ago.
    karna68 and MFWalkoff like this.

I usually try to catch those marathons too.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

PWS
    FORT Fogey

When is it supposed to start? Feb. sweeps?

It doesn't air until the 2017-2018 season, so I'd guess we won't see anything until fall. They're probably very early in pre-production right now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks! When I saw an early reference for it being scheduled for fall I thought it had just been postponed from fall, 2016. Wishful thinking!
    Definitely will give it a try, although if it is almost entirely Jack and Karen I don't know if I can take it. But at just 10 episodes I"ll definitely try it for old times' sake.

Will & Grace Premiers!!!

https://www.nbc.com/will-and-grace?nbc=1

SEPTEMBER 28, 2017 THURSDAY @9pm on NBC.

ABOUT THE SHOW

That's right, honey!

A decade after their unforgettable eight-season run, comedy's most fabulous foursome is back.

Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally reprise their infamous roles as Will, Grace, Jack and Karen in this exclusive 12-episode event.

There's no doubt that with this crew's indelible bond and all the happenings in today's rollercoaster world, the banter will be on point.

The legendary James Burrows, director of every original Will & Grace episode, returns along with a slew of razor-sharp jabs and dirty martinis.

Behold once again, from the minds of Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, TV's wittiest ensemble ever.
    KAREN

In case no one saw it in the Cancelled Or Not thread, this show has already been picked up for Season 2.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread