+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Will and Grace

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Will and Grace

I hope this pans out! I looooove Karen and Jack!!
    Wake up and be awesome

This could be very good IF they have other great characters/actors in an ensemble cast. Karen and Jack are fabuous characters with terrific interaction, but they need funny, less flamboyant characters to play off as well.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love Will and Grace also. I would love to see this work but I'm afraid the magic of the show will be lost. It was a balance of the main 4 characters that kept the show interesting for me. Jack and Karen were great but without Grace for Karen to interact with or Will for Jack to lean on I'm skeptical to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3218825;
    I love Will and Grace also. I would love to see this work but I'm afraid the magic of the show will be lost. It was a balance of the main 4 characters that kept the show interesting for me. Jack and Karen were great but without Grace for Karen to interact with or Will for Jack to lean on I'm skeptical to say the least.
    I agree Unklescott. How many times have supporting characters tried to spin off series just to have them crash and burn. Anybody remember "JOEY"?????

Looks who's baaaaaack (this fall)...

‘Will & Grace’ To Return To NBC For New Season | Deadline

Finally, some news about 2017 that doesn't seem like utter doom!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Beyond excited!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

FORT Fogey

I love it! Wonder where they're going to pick up the story. I just watched a marathon last week that went right to the last episode when Will and Grace's kids met in college (just like Will and Grace did) and then were going to get married, Jack and Karen were living together on Beverly Leslie's money and sang "Unforgettable" to each other. I had to get out the Kleenex!
    momrek06 and MFWalkoff like this.

Jack & Karen singing Unforgettable gets me every time...

I'm kind of hoping they treat the finale like it never happened, or was a dream. In the finale, W&G didn't talk to each other for over a year when Leo came back, and then after reuniting, they fought again and didn't talk again until the kids' college scene. They really can't do that.

I do hope Harry Connick Jr. will be a part of it -- he was really funny as Leo. Plus they have a baby now. I wonder if Will will still be with Vince or if he'll be single yet again...
    karna68, momrek06 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Jack & Karen singing Unforgettable gets me every time...

I'm kind of hoping they treat the finale like it never happened, or was a dream. In the finale, W&G didn't talk to each other for over a year when Leo came back, and then after reuniting, they fought again and didn't talk again until the kids' college scene. They really can't do that.

I do hope Harry Connick Jr. will be a part of it -- he was really funny as Leo. Plus they have a baby now. I wonder if Will will still be with Vince or if he'll be single yet again...
    I don't think they need to treat the finale like it never happened because W&G were together again as in-laws, and all that not speaking stuff was over and in the past. The only thing is that all the characters (except Karen, lol) were made to look older/wrinkled at the end, and I kind of doubt they would want to look like that for the 10 new episodes. Who has a baby now? I didn't see that.

Grace was pregnant by Leo (they had a mile high hookup on a flight in an earlier episode) at the end of the last season. The finale fast forwards 2 years at first, when they reunite after not talking for a year (this is also when Jack ends up with Beverly and starts taking care of Karen when she loses all her money), and then the show fast forwards about 17 more years when the kids are going to college. ?

They will most likely set the new episodes in present day, because so many of their jokes are based in pop culture and current events. This means that Grace's daughter Lila is about 10-11 years old. If they keep the plot details from the 2-year jump, then Will is still with Vince, and they have Ben who is the same age as Lila.

Overall, I hope they don't think about it that much, and just concentrate on the funny.
    karna68 likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread