+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

The 4400

maybe i'm a geek, but i have been so anxious for this show to begin.

from the official site http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/flash.htm

Over the past fifty years, thousands of people have disappeared.
    On July 11, they're back.

From Executive Producer Francis Ford Coppola's production company, American Zoetrope, comes a haunting new limited series: THE 4400.
    Over the last century, thousands of people have gone missing. Suddenly and inexplicably, 4400 missing people are returned all at once, as they were on the day they vanished. Unclear what this world altering-event means, the government investigates the 4400 to piece together where they've been and why they've been returned. It quickly becomes apparent that their presence will change the human race in ways no one could have ever foreseen.

PSi
    Yes, it'll change the human race forever...and it's on basic cable.

Just saw the clip for the first time yesterday...count me in.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Looks like a great show. I will be watching it, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I liked it. Seems the storyline could go many ways. Hopefully, USA will keep it around long enough to gain some interest.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FLYing using babysteps LilLisaLou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I liked it. Seems the storyline could go many ways. Hopefully, USA will keep it around long enough to gain some interest.
    I liked it, too. I missed the first 10 minutes but I'm sure I'll get a chance to watch that soon. I wonder who Lily's baby's father is....

-Lisa

This was well worth the wait. I have been patiently waiting for this show since I saw the 1st commercial. They did a good job. I can't to see how the characters develop. With 4400 potential characters, the plots twists are endless.

toothdoc

I didn't want to get hooked on any more shows, but looks like it's too late for me.

I was really impressed with this show. I can't even imagine being gone for so long not knowing what happend to you, and then coming back just to find out that all your loved ones are dead, remarried, or even older than you when you haven't age a day. I felt bad for Lily, and was so glad that she was able to find comfort and support with the soldier from the 50's (can't recall his name ) who knew her grandmother.

I can't wait for next week. There are so many different paths that the stories can take.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLisaLou
    I liked it, too. I missed the first 10 minutes but I'm sure I'll get a chance to watch that soon. I wonder who Lily's baby's father is....

-Lisa
    You'll definitely get another chance. USA Network is repeating the pilot five more times before next Sunday - starting this Wednesday, July 14, at Midnight. After that, it's on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The network website has all the times.

I'll take a wild guess and say Lily is carrying Richard's baby (the soldier from the 50's). Why? Because Lily said her now ex-husband was out of town during the timeframe she supposedly conceived, which was right before she disappeared. And she apparently wasn't cheating on him. Maybe, the aliens who abducted them caused Rich and Lily to mate as part of some experiment or master plan. (This happened in another science fiction mini-series - Taken).

And what is up with Lily's ex-husband. He's pretty cold. I can understand him moving on after 11 years and remarrying, but he could have been a bit more sensitive to Lily. He should have at least sought her out at the processing center to soften the news that he had moved on, instead of letting her track him down at what she assumed was still her home and husband. Then he slaps a temporary restraining order on her to keep her from seeing their daughter, who doesn't even know Lily is her biological mother because the daughter was only six months old when Lily disappeared. The jerk never told their daughter, now 12, about Lily. Real nice guy.

This is a pretty interesting series and I'll be sticking with it for however long it's on.

i believe it's only on for 5 episodes. a miniseries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast