+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: The 4400

FORT Fogey

Re: The 4400

Ok, I will be first to admit that the season finale complitely confused me.

Isabelle is dead... Was Colier cured from the Marked vaccine?

Maya" "It's good Mom. WE are in charge now".

9000 are dead and 9000 have new abilities, including the chief of Antek turning things into flowers.

Can you say a total mess?????

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2575255;

9000 are dead and 9000 have new abilities, including the chief of Antek turning things into flowers.

First, I don't mind Isabelle dying. She was a weapon and everyone used her especially the people who created her. Still she could have killed the guards much more efficiently than she did and then kill the director before she could activate the kill switch. Still it was a dramatic ending and tied up a lose plot line.

As for Jordan Collier, he is free, but he still needs to under go the radiation therapy to kill the nanites, that is why he needs to go to see Shawn.

Interesting that Tom gave him the list of the marked to eliminate. Thing is all you are doing is killing the hosts and the marked can come back. I wonder how that will be handled. Still it is a bog blow to their organization as they have to establish themselves all over again.

Statistically, if 9,000 are killed, that does not mean 9,000 have powers. If you deliberately put in a room 10,000 people supposedly 50% would die and 50% would live. Well what if this random sampling it is possible that all could die, especially as Danny was on a tear from the hospital to the 4400 Center. I honestly do not see that number of positives appearing. I wonder if the promicin could be spread by wind and how long it could last outside of Danny??

At least as a finale it was not bad. I do wonder if renewed where they would go from there. It looks as if Seattle may become attractive to positives and many might move there.

Another point, considering that the US government is treating taking promicin a federal crime punishable by a life sentence, how long before they run out of space in jails. There is no way the government can possibly imprison that many people they just do not have the room, unless they establish prison camps and recruit even more and more guards. There will be a breaking point, especially if the majority of people are law abiding citizens. Can you imagine going to a bar and someone slipping promicin in the drinks. Or at Taco Bell someone slipping promicin into the coke machine. I can see that happening. I do hope that the 4400 is renewed because at this point they need at least 2 seasons to wrap this up, cause as a cable show they only have 13 episodes vs a show on regular TV.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I believe so, even if his cure wasn't shown onscreen. I think that the "Eight Days Later" onscreen right before his press conference / pep speech meant that he got knocked out, had the polonium treatment to kill the nanites, and was resurrected by Shawn. Or did he??????

That was wise and creepy all at the same time.

9000 are dead and 9000 have new abilities . . .
    I didn't quite get how they did the math on that one, but whatever . . .

. . . including the chief of Antek turning things into flowers.
    That situation made me laugh: NTAC power boss woman getting such a "foofy" ability.

Mmmm, not really. I think they wrapped it up pretty well to end the series right there, leaving the audience to figure out the "what ifs"; however, I'm curious to see what the writers would do with the situation if USA gives them another season.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

This series is so focused on promicin and the USA I wonder how things are being handled in other countries. Scary thought having promicin in the Middle East. On the other hand I can see the Canadian government handling it much better than the US government is.

An interesting point is that Jordan Collier has been consistently leaning to having all people take promicin. At least 50% of the population will die, after seeing what happened in Seattle to 9,000 people is he really willing to continue that on a global scale. We are at what 6 billion people now. What would we do with 3 billion dead?

Now that we know a supplement can imped promicin that is available to the public will the promicin inhibitor not be used anymore?? It looks as if it has some side effects.

I wonder how many peope besides the original 4400 and the Seattle 9,000 their are??? Jordan has been distributing promicin for over a year now. There must be thousands of promicin positives and lots of dead but not much is said about it.

How many think that Kyle's power may be another of the marked??? I like how Shawn is getting involved and that by changing the past they are changing the future. I like Shawn's path it is more of the middle way to go instead of the fanatical stance that the goverment and Collier's movement are maintaining.

Bump!

Is The 4400 coming back, or did they stick a fork in it with the season finale last year?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3035215;
    Bump!

Is The 4400 coming back, or did they stick a fork in it with the season finale last year?
    It was cancelled. If you check sites like the futoncritic.com it will list the cancelled network and cable shows. Its a shame that fans devote 3 plus yrs to a show and they just cancel it without wrapping it up. The next season had so much potential I really wanted to see where they would go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3035456;
    Its a shame that fans devote 3 plus yrs to a show and they just cancel it without wrapping it up. The next season had so much potential I really wanted to see where they would go with it.
    Yeah, I was really disapointed when I read it wasn't coming back. I was looking forward to what they might possibly come up with for the next season.

+ Reply to Thread