+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Loved the season finale. USA would be fools not to pick it up next season. Hopefully we won't have to wait until next summer for the second installment.

I'm glad it wasn't aliens. And I'm glad a lot of subplots were left open ended. It will be interesting to see the connection between Jordan and Lilly, as well as what all the hubbub is with the baby.

Anxiously awaiting for next year....

p.s. anyone know how this show did ratings wise?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Ok, I missed the finale. It wasn't aliens? What was it?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Ok, hold up........so this was the season finale not the finale of the whole show???? Well, that just sucks. I thought it was the finale of the whole thing and nothing was making sense. A lot of things were NOT making any kind of sense and things were just left hanging. Was quite disappointed.......if it HAD been the finale of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I'm glad it wasn't aliens. And I'm glad a lot of subplots were left open ended.
    Me too. I loved the new direction this show took. It's a lot more interesting than if it had been aliens that took the 4400. I'll be dissapointed if this show is not picked up for a series. It's just starting to get good.

**Spoiler for Dagwood ***
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It turns out that humanity is dying out in the future. Each of the 4400 were abducted and given special powers by people from the future in order to save our dying race. I know this story has been done before, but it's still a lot more interesting to me had it been aliens.

Thanks, Wolf. That does sound alot more intersting than aliens. I hope it gets picked up, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez
    Ok, hold up........so this was the season finale not the finale of the whole show???? Well, that just sucks. I thought it was the finale of the whole thing and nothing was making sense. A lot of things were NOT making any kind of sense and things were just left hanging. Was quite disappointed.......if it HAD been the finale of the show.
    There hasn't been an official announcement yet from USA Network or anyone else that it will be back, either as another limited (miniseries) or as a full series. The network only committed to this run, though they were keeping their options open for bringing it back based primarily on, I'm sure, ratings. The writers and producers obviously wrote the open-ended finale hoping and planning for it to come back. Imo, I think it will be because the ratings have been excellent, not to mention the critical buzz. It would be a waste if they didn't bring it back.

I loved the finale. It gave the viewers a lot to ponder. Like, the fake Kyle said the returnees had begun their work in the present to prevent some catastrophe in the future. Their work that we saw was mostly good deeds, but not always. I don't see how unleashing a serial killer who compelled others to kill for him could be construed as a good thing for the human race, now or in the future. And of course, Jordan Collier, is up to no good. I guess what it boils down to is... bring on the sequel so we can find out!

FORT Newbie

my pet peeve on The 4400

I'm bad with character/actor names so bear with me... but The 4400 struck a raw nerve with me in this way: Two of the main characters... the male half of the guy/girl investigator team, and the guy sent in 'from DC' (who fires the gun in the last scene)... LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME. I hate it when shows do that, cast two people who strongly resemble each other. Anybody else get this?

Hmmm, when it was over all I could think of was "Back to the Future". Dr. Brown kept warning Marty of the dangers of messing with the "time space continuum", or something like that. These humans from the future are doing just that.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_PeaCH
    Two of the main characters... the male half of the guy/girl investigator team, and the guy sent in 'from DC' (who fires the gun in the last scene)... LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME. I hate it when shows do that, cast two people who strongly resemble each other. Anybody else get this?
    I didn't really think Tom, the field agent, and the DC guy, can't recall his name, looked the same at all. I guess if you sit and compare the two you, the shape of their face is somewhat similiar, and both are white.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    Hmmm, when it was over all I could think of was "Back to the Future". Dr. Brown kept warning Marty of the dangers of messing with the "time space continuum", or something like that.
    Nice comparison, veejer. It's also similar to the movie "Time Machine". Everytime the guy would go back to change something, the outcome was the same when it came to his beloved wife,so I find this new turn that the show took very interesting.

How will the 4400 change the future?
    Since the 4400 were selected for specific purposes, how will the plans for the future change since Sean was the one taken, and not Kyle, who was supposed to be taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_PeaCH
    I'm bad with character/actor names so bear with me... but The 4400 struck a raw nerve with me in this way: Two of the main characters... the male half of the guy/girl investigator team, and the guy sent in 'from DC' (who fires the gun in the last scene)... LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME. I hate it when shows do that, cast two people who strongly resemble each other. Anybody else get this?
    Yeah, now that I think about it I see your point. But, I had followed Keen Eddie, a very short series - bout 10 episodes - that Mark Valley - the fed from DC had been in the beginning of this year so I didn't have trouble with his face. If both characters had appeared at the same time that could have been a big problem.

+ Reply to Thread