+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Re: The 4400

With the introduction of the Marked this season, the show has developed more subplots than any show should have and they have left characters dangling. For example - Maia. She now has her own subplot about enjoying her parental re-creations, but why hasn't she been joined in the new main plot of the Marked vs. the Promicin crowd. The Marked have sort of been explained in that they don't want the future changed by the crowd that created the 4400. Thus they "created" Isabelle to wipe them out, but then the gov't stepped in and corralled her.

They have given the Marked such an involved plot that they should have their own show.

If the show ends this season, then Tom will recover as someone will travel to the future and destroy the Marked. Jordan will see the light about testing for compatibility and create a Utopia where "outsiders" are encouraged to visit in order to learn how to save the planet. Everyone will live happily ever after, or will they?

The whole show is just too convoluted right now to make much sense.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

They've already shot the season finale - which I believe airs Sept 16th; I don't think they are planning for a series finale so they may not have it all wrapped up by the end of this season. That's why I would be really upset if the show is not renewed.

It looks like Danny's power is to cause people to bleed from their orifices . Too bad it was his own mother! He's going to have to be in isolation unless he gets rid of it by taking the inhibitor.

I wanted Isabel to get her powers back but was hoping she'd use them for the good. I know Tom has a kill switch in her and is threatening to kill her father but I hope she winds up doing good. I hope the real Tom comes back too.

Okay...the convoluted plot is becoming simpler.

Marpeople = what our true future will be if destruction continues on the present course.

Propeople = what our future would be if "geniuses" gathered together to heal the planet.

The Propeople (were) are the revolutionaries while the Marpeople (were) are the status quo.

Isabelle was created by the Marpeople (future) to quash the rebellion before it starts, while the Propeople (future) took those of promise from the present age and injected them with promicin in order to get a jump on their (future) revolution. It all makes sense now.

Still convoluted...Sean's brother taking the shot and developing a deadly power must come into play either next week or next season. There must be a reason someone so close to someone in charge has a deadly power. More conflict. It appears from the preview that the "Tom" host may be revived. It can't jump into another body unless that person is marked. Isabelle, through her emotional journey, has developed a conscience and I think she may, at some point, join the Propeople - threat of kill switch or not.

Diana does not deserve all this angst.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

iWon - Celebrity Gossip

The 4400, USA NetworkFinale airs Sunday, Sept. 16, at 9 pm/ET

After an injection of the wonder drug Promicin, one character "becomes a Typhoid Mary," says executive producer Ira Steven Behr. The carrier infects Seattle on a grand scale and leaves corpses everywhere. "And some of the dead we will know," Behr hints ominously. Since there's been no word yet on a series renewal, Behr says that he'll deliver an hour "that could end the series or leave us with great stories for the future."

Interesting.. Can be a SERIES finale as well....

Poor Danny! Lost his girlfriend when his brother returned, and now he gets the crappy ability.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So Danny is Typhoid Mary. He's always been so jealous of his brother and took the shot thinking he might get an even better ability. Now he's probably killed his mother and who knows who else before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2567424;
    So Danny is Typhoid Mary. He's always been so jealous of his brother and took the shot thinking he might get an even better ability. Now he's probably killed his mother and who knows who else before it's over.
    Jealousy kills.

I was wondering if Isabelle is so powerfull if she could stop the nanites (sp?) and Jordan can fake being a marked??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2570879;
    Jealousy kills.

I was wondering if Isabelle is so powerfull if she could stop the nanites (sp?) and Jordan can fake being a marked??
    That's a good observation. Hopefully Isabelle can prove that she's not going back to the dark side and will find a way to save Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2571338;
    That's a good observation. Hopefully Isabelle can prove that she's not going back to the dark side and will find a way to save Jordan.
    I think she can sacrifice herself and in so doing enable the heaven on earth scenario. I cannot believe they would possibly end the series with that dark future - so I am hoping that Isabelle will turn on the "marked". Unfortunately, it looks like that "old" self persona has returned in Isabelle along with her powers. Is there any hope that love (Kyle) could move Isabelle to do good and not destroy Jordan and enable the HOH experience?

I really want this series to come back for another season - please renew!!!!

+ Reply to Thread