+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: The 4400

FORT Newbie

Re: The 4400

OMG I havent been able to watch the series and i want to see it but i really dont have much time. I hope they repeat the series like they do with Charmed and other ones to get to see it from the beggining. It sounds interesting the series so Ill be waiting to see it anxsiosly.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftgirl;2539230;
    OMG I havent been able to watch the series and i want to see it but i really dont have much time. I hope they repeat the series like they do with Charmed and other ones to get to see it from the beggining. It sounds interesting the series so Ill be waiting to see it anxsiosly.
    check out the 4400 website on USA, I wouldn't be surprised if they have boxed DVD sets of the different seasons.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Come on Tom explaining his midnight meeting away to Diana, that was so staged and unnecessary. The computer blowing out his brains as his company recovers?? I don't know how plausible that was. Do I really think fake Tom is going to let Isabelle rescue Richard? Jordan Collier a Hidden,,, mmmm. Really what is so wrong with Sean and the promicin guy figuring out a compatibility test. This is getting so convoluted. I don't think there is one answer. The religous angle scares me, especially with Jordan keeping someone against their will cause they don't think and believe what he feels they should do.

Really what is so wrong with Sean and the promicin guy figuring out a compatibility test.
    JC's rationale for that P-pos and P-negs cannot coexist in the so-called 4400 utopia. JC believes that everyone should take promicin, thus killing off anyone whose body can't tolerate it, leaving only P-pos in the world.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2547537;
    JC's rationale for that P-pos and P-negs cannot coexist in the so-called 4400 utopia. JC believes that everyone should take promicin, thus killing off anyone whose body can't tolerate it, leaving only P-pos in the world.
    Interesting view of paradise, only for the haves and not the have nots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2547909;
    Interesting view of paradise, only for the haves and not the have nots.
    I think he likened it to natural selection.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2548403;
    I think he likened it to natural selection.
    Or the next step in evolution.

The idea of Jordan Collier trying to convince people to try promicin with only a 50/50 chance of survival smacks a bit too much of Jim Jones to me, especially if he can convince someone with powers like Tess to force people to choose. I mean in the beginning that is what he was all about. Seems the power does go to Jordan's head.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-28-2007 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2547299;
    Come on Tom explaining his midnight meeting away to Diana, that was so staged and unnecessary. The computer blowing out his brains as his company recovers?? I don't know how plausible that was. Do I really think fake Tom is going to let Isabelle rescue Richard? Jordan Collier a Hidden,,, mmmm. Really what is so wrong with Sean and the promicin guy figuring out a compatibility test. This is getting so convoluted. I don't think there is one answer. The religous angle scares me, especially with Jordan keeping someone against their will cause they don't think and believe what he feels they should do.
    The marked CEO of the software company was supposed to be facing scandal due to all the things that were made public about him. "New" Tom thought it was to much for damage control to cover up, and decided with Isabelle's help, they would be able to provide Jordan as the next host.
    I agree with Ellen that Jordan does not want a peaceful co-existence. He feels no one should be on the fence - only those with abilities should populate the earth, that way they will create heaven on earth. (sounds to me like a distorted view of enlightenment - but, whatever)

I think the moral issues reflected through this show are supposed to be a wake up call for us to "think" what would you do? where do you stand? So while I, (like you) don't like the angle of the script writing, I appreciate that it makes me pause and think and it is my hope that they will have an uplifting end to the series when the time comes

Just heard that they have not yet renewed the show for another season - what???? Is this true?

We'll see once the season ends.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread