+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Re: The 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2496417;
    I was going to comment about the super soldiers(brings back memories), I think they started this project with them last year in which they were to take promicin and the rest is as was shown. I could've sworn it was the plan of last year's villian(who employed Isabelle), his name just escapes me.
    Yeah -- whatshisface, the guy who was the first boss of NTAC.
    [quick IMDb search]
    Dennis Ryland, played by Peter Coyote.
    Yeah, he's the one who spearheaded the project to extract promicin from Isabelle and use it to create supersoldiers.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2494928;
    I'm warming up to Boss lady so keep her around. But then, who's expendable? Diana's bf?
    I also enjoyed tonight's ep. Very well done. I wonder though, is Rieland(sp?) still alive?
    Am I the only one herer who thinks the Boss lady is either one of.. or knows about and is aiding "the marked"? I mean... what better place to stick one of their anti-pro.pos people, than as the head of NTAC. The company designed to track and monitor them. She just seems sketchy to me.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2503544;
    Am I the only one herer who thinks the Boss lady is either one of.. or knows about and is aiding "the marked"? I mean... what better place to stick one of their anti-pro.pos people, than as the head of NTAC. The company designed to track and monitor them. She just seems sketchy to me.
    Nope, you're not the only one! Hubby and I were speculating about just that tidbit during the "The Marked" episode.

Another thing I'm wondering about regards Tom's role and the list at the end of the 4400 cult/prophecy/book thingy. Okay, we already know that Tom has been injected and "marked." But he's also on that list of movers and shakers. What I'm wondering is whether it was specifically indicated in the prophecy that the people on the list are to take Promicin and be 4400 leaders and/or advocates, or did Kyle, Jordan, Isabelle et.al. just assume that? Or is the list a warning about who is destined to be "marked"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2503789;
    Nope, you're not the only one! Hubby and I were speculating about just that tidbit during the "The Marked" episode.

Another thing I'm wondering about regards Tom's role and the list at the end of the 4400 cult/prophecy/book thingy. Okay, we already know that Tom has been injected and "marked." But he's also on that list of movers and shakers. What I'm wondering is whether it was specifically indicated in the prophecy that the people on the list are to take Promicin and be 4400 leaders and/or advocates, or did Kyle, Jordan, Isabelle et.al. just assume that? Or is the list a warning about who is destined to be "marked"?
    OK now you have me confused I somehow thought that the list has all people who have promicin in them and are the leaders that will bring about "heaven on earth" with Tom's name last on the list. I thought that since he was marked - that would change the destiny of the whole thing because none of the marked are promicin people. They want the future to end up the way it does (which I can only assume means hell on earth or something).

So the people from the future said Tom played an important part (that was way back when they gave him the shot to inject into Isabelle) were they considering the fact that Tom would get marked? Is that why the people from the future meant to take Kyle originally, because they hoped Tom would convert to promicin and be saved out of love for his son Kyle?

See Ellen, I don't even need you to get confused, I can even do it on my own!

Interesting that one of the NTAC think tank boys took promicin and developed the ability to put various people into a "game" senerio. Too bad the government will now put him in jail for life. Still I could see his power being valubable in the "intell" community or marriage counseling.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Or even in employee team-building inservices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2508030;

Or even in employee team-building inservices.
    How about mediation with gangs or finally getting Peace in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2508869;
    How about mediation with gangs or finally getting Peace in the Middle East.
    . . . or getting the current [U.S.] executive branch to cooperate with the legislative branch, and -- dare one even hope? -- respect the system of checks and balances?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2508978;
    . . . or getting the current [U.S.] executive branch to cooperate with the legislative branch, and -- dare one even hope? -- respect the system of checks and balances?
    That would be so cool if they could find a way to film that people would pay to watch some of our congressmen and senators have to fight through earthquakes, floods, fires and cooperate and actually accomplish something meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2503789;

Ok.. I'm gonna try to remember what my husband was saying last week. Though it will probably be incoherent at best: He thinks that since that Evil Mattew guy was one of the 10? "Marked" and he died... That they needed to get a new marked to fill his place. So they marked Tom and will probably start "using" him somehow in the future. However, since Tom is on the list of people who "need" to be given promicin, perhaps the shot will somehow negate the effects of the marking? OR! It only says he's supposed to TAKE Promicin, it doesn't say he's garanteed to live through it. Maybe, he's supposed to take it and die.. again, negating the "Marked" hold over him.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread