+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump

Is Richard's special 'gift' better hearing? When he opened the door, he knew to push Lilly out of the way. I wonder if he heard the trigger for the bomb? If that's not it, then what is it?

p.s. There is a 4400 marathon this saturday.
    When Richard opened the apartment door he saw something. What I saw was either a beam of blue line or string. That's what Richard saw. Although as a pilot I am surprised he realized what it was.

It doesn't appear that Lilly's baby likes Collier too much. The baby seems very protective of Lilly and can sense danger or trouble - and that includes Collier. He's a bit too slick to be trusted. At first, I thought he was actually the one who released the 4400 list and not the reporter, as part of his master plan to get them into his compound. But I guess not.

Here's something that has bugged me about the show. When the 4400 returned, they landed on a lake. How come no one drowned? Are we to assume they walked on water? There wasn't that much shoreline for that many people. I guess the aliens kept them afloat, which is a good thing because it could have been a real marketing disaster for them if the 4400 tragically turned into "The 44" due to a navigational error by the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    Here's something that has bugged me about the show. When the 4400 returned, they landed on a lake. How come no one drowned? Are we to assume they walked on water? There wasn't that much shoreline for that many people. I guess the aliens kept them afloat, which is a good thing because it could have been a real marketing disaster for them if the 4400 tragically turned into "The 44" due to a navigational error by the pilot.
    I had the same question. At first, I thought the aliens frozed the lake,so the people would be able to walk on it, but then they would've been slipping and sliding. That theory is out. When the ball of light hovered over the lake, it started moving before it stopped again, I believe on the shoreline. I know it didn't look big enough to hold all the 4400, but where else would they leave those people. I seriously doubt the abductees were all walking on water.

The little girl said that someone would come to make things better. I wonder if she was talking about Lilly's baby or maybe Kyle, since he really is not Kyle. I can't wait for the final show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I had the same question. At first, I thought the aliens frozed the lake,so the people would be able to walk on it, but then they would've been slipping and sliding. That theory is out. When the ball of light hovered over the lake, it started moving before it stopped again, I believe on the shoreline. I know it didn't look big enough to hold all the 4400, but where else would they leave those people. I seriously doubt the abductees were all walking on water.

The little girl said that someone would come to make things better. I wonder if she was talking about Lilly's baby or maybe Kyle, since he really is not Kyle. I can't wait for the final show.
    Yeah, they probably weren't walking on water. I'd probably forget about this point, if the writers/producers didn't keep bringing the returnees back to the lake. It just doesn't work visually. I think they should have picked a field to land in. I was thinking the same as you about Maiah's comment that someone was coming to make things better, though I'm leaning towards it being Lilly's baby. Kyle says he's not Kyle, but maybe he's just nuts. Afterall, he wasn't abducted like the others.

I haven't been watching this show, but I just have to say that when my husband told me about it I missed the part that it was fiction and I was freaking out! I was saying "WTH!!!!!" Gotta learn to listen better!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Does anyone have any idea what next weeks episode is going to reveal? They are saying on the teasers that all the questions will be answered and everything will be revealed. Any clues?

Just a reminder of tonight's season finale.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Just a reminder of tonight's season finale.
    Yeah, and as a lead-in to the finale, USA is showing a 4400 marathon today at 4 PM ET/3 PM CT, starting with the pilot.

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    I thought I was geeked about Alias....I've just spent the last 6 hours on a hunch. What a great premise! Great show, greater characters. I thought
    this was a limited (mini) series. I'm wrong. I can't wait for the next season,
    whenever and where ever it will air. I'd prefer 10pm EST Sunday night on ABC I'm a convert!

Comments on season finale-possible spoiler

Ended better than I thought. I am glad its not aliens. But I wonder what will happen now?

I liked when Jordan tried to keep Lily from leaving and the baby did not like it. At the end it was a nice touch when the trees bowed down to the baby. But shouldn't all the trees have done it???

Mark Valley was Great in Keen Eddie and it is sad to see him reduced to being the stereotypically ambitious fed who couldn't see any resolution but to shoot Kyle. Sometimes the writers really fall back on hack cliches. If it had been my kid the feds had kidnapped in the hospital I would have raised a stink, Pulled the fire alarm, call 911,attacked the agent. (I got a little emotional during the scene) I know it sounds drastic but its your family and those protective instincts really can kick in.

+ Reply to Thread