+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I thought episode 2 was fantastic. Some random thoughts:

*I wonder if they'll introduce a new member for one show while keeping with the original 4 members from the first episode.

*So far, it appears that they all have a power that can be used for the good and they'll eventually die from that power. I.e., Carl and as we found out Orson.

*What's up with the baby in the belly? Why did Lily freak when she was peeping in on her old family? And why did she freak when she was looking at the potential new house? What do you think the baby was trying to convey?

*Will Shawn be pressured into using his powers to revive Kyle?

*Will a second season return next summer?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    Lily had said her baby is communicating its thoughts and feelings to her so apparently it is the baby that is upset looking at Lily's family and the new house. Why? Maybe, the baby can see into the future (like Maia) and is trying to warn Lily of some danger or to protect her. Maybe, the old family and the potential house is just not part of the "master plan."

I'm not so sure that Shawn is going to be a good guy in the end. He's got a bit of a shady past, like, selling stolen concert tickets to the guy he fought with. And sure he was defending himself, but he almost killed the guy. Looks like he tried to heal his cousin, but didn't have enough power.

If the series continues to be interesting and there is enough story left to tell, I'd watch another run. I guess it depends on the how this run ends as well as the ratings.

I watched the preview for the next episode at USA website and there is a new character introduced. The clip is a little dark, but it looks like the actor is Tim Daly.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I missed last night's episode! I was watching M. Night's sci-fi doc for three hours. Will they re-air last night's episode?

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I missed last night's episode! I was watching M. Night's sci-fi doc for three hours. Will they re-air last night's episode?

According to the USA website, here's the schedule for this episode, "The New & Improved Carl Morrissey":

Wed, Jul 21, 1:00 AM
    Fri, Jul 23, 1:00 PM
    Sat, Jul 24, 12:00 AM

Anybody is still watching this?
    I think the show is getting more exciting.
    Ugh...I can't stand that reporter that is just spreading her prejudicst views of the 4400 in the name of "freedom of speech". I bet she's got something to do with the names and addresses of the 4400 going public. The sad thing is that there are a lot of journalists nowadays that have no regards as to who gets hurt as long as they have their story.

Also, a new development came up that makes the story a little bit more interesting. It seemed like Shawn's cousin was the one supposed to be taken, but Shawn took his place to help his cousin. I wonder if this switch put a wrench in the plans of those that took the 4400?

How creepy was that the serial killer came back with the power of suggestion?

Next week the witch hunt of the 4400 intensifies.

FLYing using babysteps LilLisaLou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Anybody is still watching this?
    I think the show is getting more exciting.

<snip>

How creepy was that the serial killer came back with the power of suggestion?

Next week the witch hunt of the 4400 intensifies.
    I'm still watching it. I think that the hotel guy, Jordan Collier (?), has another reason why he is having the 4400 get-togethers AND for making sure that Lily and her baby are under his health insurance. I wonder what his power will end up being.

What will the "ripple" be from the serial killer? Hmm...

If the list for the 4400 is released, then will Maia be at risk? Another, hmmm...

Why are there only three people seemingly involved at the Department of Homeland Security? Hmmm....

I just don't see how they will wrap this up satisfactorily in three more episodes.

Heck yeah I'm watching it! Last night's episode was great. It keeps getting better. I'm picturing Jordan Collier's get together's as some sort of cult gathering. Maybe the abductors chose him as the leader of the 4400? I'm dying to know what's going to come out of Lilly, babywise. Any bets on a white pastey alien with big eyes?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I don't trust this Jordan Collier. He's got some ulterior motive for bringing the 4400's together. I was thinking of some kind of cult too, speedbump.

LilLisaLou, there are more than 3 people involved at Homeland Security. The two investigators consult with that group of theorists who are studying the 4400 situation.

Great episode. Next week should be good as it looks there will some sort of clash between the 4400's and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    I don't trust this Jordan Collier. He's got some ulterior motive for bringing the 4400's together.
    He wasn't even that interested in hearing Shawn's whole story about his "special" powers, and it was obvious he wanted Lilly around because of the baby, so he gave Lilly's boyfriend (I always forget his name) a job. It's really obvious this Jordan has something up his sleeve. It definitely smells like he is trying to form a cult. I don't blame the 4400 for trying to stick together since nobody else understand what they have gone through.

Given the time frame since the 4400 came back its been what 3 or 4 months. How did that steamroll into people being afraid, getting together (who is behind the killing) and starting to systematically kill the 4400.

That reporter was an irresponsible hack. I really detest how today's journalists hide behind the second amendment and stand on the public's right to know. Its amazing how especially if it a slow news day the media tries to get people upset over whatever seems to be the hot topic. Y2K comes to mind. The world did not end. People are tried in the public eye; Scott Petersen, Kibe Bryant and OJ come to mind, regardless if they are guilty or not. After listening to the news, is there one unbiased person that could stand as a juror in any of these cases? That English nanny is a case in point. First there was a big wave of free her she is being unfairly accused. I even got swept up in that one. Then right after she was aquitted the press did a 180 and said how unfair a guilty person go free.

What a great episode. I'm a little bummed that next week is the season (hopefully not the series) finale. Nothing like being thrown for a serious twist (i.e., Kyle in the last scene) and then being left to salivate all week long.

As far as Lilly and Collier, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Collier is the father of Lilly's baby? However, the scenes for next week show Collier with his head to Lilly's stomach and he looks like he's in pain. Maybe Collier isn't who he says he is.

Is Richard's special 'gift' better hearing? When he opened the door, he knew to push Lilly out of the way. I wonder if he heard the trigger for the bomb? If that's not it, then what is it?

p.s. There is a 4400 marathon this saturday.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread