+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Grok

I'll take a wild guess and say Lily is carrying Richard's baby (the soldier from the 50's). Why? Because Lily said her now ex-husband was out of town during the timeframe she supposedly conceived, which was right before she disappeared. And she apparently wasn't cheating on him. Maybe, the aliens who abducted them caused Rich and Lily to mate as part of some experiment or master plan. (This happened in another science fiction mini-series - Taken).
    This was my thought, too. They were talking about a "connection" they seemed to have but couldn't figure out why. It made the most sense to me.

Only 5 episodes? That sucks. I really liked it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I made the mistake of not tuning in at the start of the show and now I'm totally lost.

Here's your chance to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    USA Network is repeating the pilot five more times before next Sunday - starting this Wednesday, July 14, at Midnight. After that, it's on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    I thought the show said it was a series, not a mini-series.
    I would actually love it if it was a mini-series, that way I'll only have Alias to watch on Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I thought the show said it was a series, not a mini-series.
    I would actually love it if it was a mini-series, that way I'll only have Alias to watch on Sunday night.
    USA is calling it a "limited" series which is essentially the same thing as a mini-series. A limited series airs in weekly installments but for only for a short run, say, 3 to 6 episodes. Matt Roush at TV Guide recently wrote this in a review about TNT's "The Grid" which will run for 4 episodes on Mondays in August: "After a long drought, the miniseries is making a comeback, but under an alias. Now being called 'event' or 'limited' series, these multipart dramas air in weekly installments, reminiscent of HBO's scheduling of Band of Brothers and From the Earth to the Moon."

You won't have to worry about it conflicting with Alias since it won't be around then, most likely. I suppose the ratings for 4400 will help determine if there is a "sequel." I've read that the limited-run concept is catching on in Hollywood because it's cheaper and less risky to produce a few shows than it is to make a full season. A lesson learned from HBO.

Ohh thanks! I'll have to watch it.

I agree with whoever was talking about the temporary restraining order against Lily. That's harsh! Doesn't her daughter wonder why there are no pictures around from when she was a newborn?

Didn't the impregnation thing happen on X-files, too?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    I agree with whoever was talking about the temporary restraining order against Lily. That's harsh! Doesn't her daughter wonder why there are no pictures around from when she was a newborn?

Didn't the impregnation thing happen on X-files, too?
    I didn't think about that but you're right. If I was the daughter, I'd wonder about that too. The husband's reaction just feels less and less realistic to me. It's like he's going to sweep everything under the rug and pretend his ex-wife never existed? I think this part of Lily's storyline is under-developed and it is a concession by the writers in order to advance the Lily/Richard relationship to wherever it is going. I don't want to nitpick too much though, because I still want to enjoy the show.

Not sure about the X-files. I never kept up with the series.

Reality Tv Addict
    I really enjoyed this one. When I first caught it I missed the first hour (didn't realize it was two) and felt like I was missing something but when I caught the whole thing later it hooked me.

There is really so much they could do with the show if tehy chose to keep it around. So many different avenues to explore and characters to develop (4400 to be close to exact).

I thought episode 2 was fantastic. Some random thoughts:

*I wonder if they'll introduce a new member for one show while keeping with the original 4 members from the first episode.

*So far, it appears that they all have a power that can be used for the good and they'll eventually die from that power. I.e., Carl and as we found out Orson.

*What's up with the baby in the belly? Why did Lily freak when she was peeping in on her old family? And why did she freak when she was looking at the potential new house? What do you think the baby was trying to convey?

*Will Shawn be pressured into using his powers to revive Kyle?

*Will a second season return next summer?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I think Lily's husbans is a jerk. You knew your ex-wife was one of the 4400, although that was not explained, was a list made, were familiy members contacted. If so, he was, he was in the same area. Not to meet her when they were released was deplorable. At least at that point he could have explained the situation given her a photo album or something. To not show up and explain in my eyes makes him a wuss not a man and to expect her to just drop it was unrealistic. Did he honestly think she would not look him up. Me I would have been pissed. Then to give her a restraining order was way out of line. Me I would have insisted on a maternity test to let Heidi, the daughter be aware that her biological mom is alive. I think Lily is being way too nice. On top of that he is going to have her arrested. This man is an idiot. Does he not realize that for Lily 11 years have not passed. And for her to ignore her maternal instincts would be incredibly hard. I am not sure what the point is of this plotline. To make Lily an orphan with no relatives then dump her in this situation makes her the ultimate victim. What are the writers trying to prove that a woman would put up with this crap. Would a guy?

+ Reply to Thread