+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    I've been thinking of a different interpretation of this. Richard had been wondering what was the plan or role for their baby to play in this world. I kind of got the impression that the baby then "showed" him what her part (and maybe, Richard's & Lilly's roles too) would be. And he became overwhelmed or breathless because of it, not that she was hurting him. Just a theory.
    I agree with this theory. I think she was trying to show him and he couldn't take it or can't comprehend it. I think she is going to do more good than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLisaLou
    I think that she is good because the trees bowed down to her in the season one finale.
    See I have heard the phrase that "nature turns from evil". So that came to mind when I saw the trees in the finale and why I'm not convinced Isabel has good intentions.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I thought that babies personalities at that stage were more id based (primal needs - eat, sleep, poop, safety, comfort). While she has apparently manifested great power, I think her psychic link to her mother is what is directing her actions. I don't think that she really has the higher cognitive functions to distinguish between good and evil, etc. If she did then she would also be able to talk as well.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Good point. I do agree that there is some type of connection with Lilly. It could be seen even when Lilly took that money from the cash register in the hotel. Its like the baby is doing what Lilly may think is ethically wrong.

Benjamin Franklin.

This could have been a great show but the writers are not great.

It reminds me of Revelations, the mini series, started out good but then bored me with cheap thrills and twists. i want to care about these characters and I dont.

I was really hoping for a good summer series. Darn!

I miss LosT, Medium, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, House, Amazing Race, and Apprentice (sort of).

it's going to be a LONG summer.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    This could have been a great show but the writers are not great.

It reminds me of Revelations, the mini series, started out good but then bored me with cheap thrills and twists. i want to care about these characters and I dont.

I was really hoping for a good summer series. Darn!

I miss LosT, Medium, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, House, Amazing Race, and Apprentice (sort of).

it's going to be a LONG summer.
    I watched Revelations too - and it was good, but I think 4400 is much better than the Apprentice. I was an apprentice fan in the beginning, but the only winner who has really done anything was Bill. Seems kind of pointless.

I liked last nights episode. The guy with the special saliva?? LOL. Never saw that one coming. I do think tho that shawn is going to turn against Jordan any day now.

Benjamin Franklin.

I'm still enjoying it. The 4400/ Dead Zone combo is fullfilling the Lost/ Alias combo that I loved.

The only plotline that is getting a little thin is the Lilly/ Isabel/ Richard. Although from next weeks previews it looks like their plot will spice up a bit.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    The guy with the special saliva?? LOL. Never saw that one coming. I do think tho that shawn is going to turn against Jordan any day now.
    I loved that! As soon as the 1st guy lost all that weight in 2 days I thought "but how would whatever-it-is know when to stop???"

I like the show but feel so lost since I never saw any of season 1. In fact, I never even heard of the show until the day season 2 started. But I am enjoying it.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I thought that Sundays show was just okay, but I saw the plot twist way to easily. I read Stephen Kings "Thinner", in high school. I mean come on.

I will give them credit for the Jordan/Shawn story line. The writers are making the 4400 Center sound a lot like Scientology, and Jordan is becoming Jim Jones.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

marlena, welcome to the fort! you can get the first season on DVD if you're interested in catching up!

also, i'm not tiring of the show at all... though, i wish lily weren't acting like such a self centered biatch these days. i liked it better when she was all sweet and upset by all the life changes rather than suddenly hardened.

+ Reply to Thread