+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4400

I'm not buying the idea that Collier is a good guy at all. No way he has anyone's best interest in mind except for his own. He's trying too hard to get Lilly and her baby back. And speaking of the baby, we know she doesn't like Collier and she only reacts to threats. She's just trying to protect herself and Lilly and Richard. Those men who chased them down and intended to kill them got what they deserved. Way to go, girl.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I'm not entirely certain that it's the baby the has the psychic powers, as these things only happen when Lilly has the baby. I think that it's actually Lilly's 4400 ablities coming forth when ever she and the baby are in danger or under duress. I think that everyone thinks it's the baby because of the special circumstances of her birth.

As for Collier, I think that he may not be entirely bad, but not above using anyone to meet his own agenda (ie. overthrowing an island government so that the 4400 has a safe place to go). I think he has good intentions, but questionable morals.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

What do you guys think the baby "did" to Richard towards the end when the baby was looking at him, and he clutched his chest-area and fell against the car. Made me think his little girl wouldn't mind growing up fatherless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I'm not entirely certain that it's the baby the has the psychic powers, as these things only happen when Lilly has the baby.
    I thought about that as well last night. The way Richard looked at Lilly in the rear view mirror suggested that something was up. I thought maybe the baby was the 'outlet' for lily's thoughts, so maybe it is a host relationship for each other. On the other hand, remember last season when Lilly went house hunting and when she touched the wall, the baby went beserk (predicting the fire later on)?

Last night was the first night that there was no real "ripple effect" story/ ending. I was thinking that the writer's of this show have done a good job providing the right mix of answered questions versus enough suspense to keep us wondering.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    What do you guys think the baby "did" to Richard towards the end when the baby was looking at him, and he clutched his chest-area and fell against the car. Made me think his little girl wouldn't mind growing up fatherless.

Ya - that was nuts! I thought for sure she wouldn't hurt them. Do you guys think that she is good or evil?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I thought about that as well last night. The way Richard looked at Lilly in the rear view mirror suggested that something was up. I thought maybe the baby was the 'outlet' for lily's thoughts, so maybe it is a host relationship for each other. On the other hand, remember last season when Lilly went house hunting and when she touched the wall, the baby went beserk (predicting the fire later on)?
    I do think that the baby has a special ability, and that she does communicate with Lilly. I'm just not completely on board with the baby being responsible for everything. It may be a symbiotic relationship, with the baby acting on Lilly's subconscious wishes.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    I've been thinking of a different interpretation of this. Richard had been wondering what was the plan or role for their baby to play in this world. I kind of got the impression that the baby then "showed" him what her part (and maybe, Richard's & Lilly's roles too) would be. And he became overwhelmed or breathless because of it, not that she was hurting him. Just a theory.

yeah, could be, grok. but i think she was hurting him, letting him know that she didn't like his interference.

FLYing using babysteps LilLisaLou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Ya - that was nuts! I thought for sure she wouldn't hurt them. Do you guys think that she is good or evil?
    I think that she is good because the trees bowed down to her in the season one finale. Maybe Lily made those guys in the forest shoot themselves and she just didn't know it. We don't know what Lily's power is yet.

I'm getting tired of listening to "Shawn" whine about everything. It's so middle school. Either leave the Collier complex or be quiet.

I episode was very jarring, its as if the writer didn't read the series bible and interjected all these threads that didn't make any sense. Lily is a triple murderess and she almost killed her 'father', shades of a Twilight Zone' episode where Billy Mumy was the kid will tremedous physic powers and everyone was afraid of him.

I felt very sorry for the baseball player with the physic powers but honestly how can they force him to work for the IC (intellegence community) please, get smart, demand a contract and specific working priveledges, you have a valuable commodity use it to your advantage. Giving out bad data will solve the problem of being used, you are only a victim if you allow yourself to be a victim. You have rights, get a lawyer, you can blow so many holes in this senerio it is ridiculous.

This entire episode left a bad taste in my mouth.

+ Reply to Thread