+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Smallville

Too bad there's minimal chance for that with just this week's 2 hour series finale left. I hope Chloe is going to make an appearance for Ollie. Where is she supposed to have been the last few weeks?

PWS - She moved to Star City. She decided her "destiny" was to go out and find and help mentor and grow other superheros (she mentioned Batman and WonderWoman but not by name).

I am super-duper-duperly excited that Michael Rosenbaum is coming back to reprise Lex for the finale. His evolution to supervillian was one of the more compelling storylines of the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    PWS - She moved to Star City. She decided her "destiny" was to go out and find and help mentor and grow other superheros (she mentioned Batman and WonderWoman but not by name).

I am super-duper-duperly excited that Michael Rosenbaum is coming back to reprise Lex for the finale. His evolution to supervillian was one of the more compelling storylines of the show.
    Thanks, MiaT2! So Chloe just dumped Ollie? Or they are on hiatus? Or a do you when I see you kind of relationship? I liked them together.
    I agree about Lex. I think his evolution was a significant contribution to the Superman story. Unlike whatever the heck happened with Lana! That's pretty much when I tuned out for a bit....she was just too weird for me.

Just one more day to go to the 2 hour finale!

So Chloe just dumped Ollie?
    He went with her! He said something about how he wouldn't let her leave without him and also I think about it being his hometown. If you recall when he was first introduced on the show they mentioned Queen Industries as being based in Star City. So, they're still together - just offscreen.

Yeah - Lana was annoying but once they had Lana marry Lex and the subsequent craziness it just went too over the top for me. Zod or maybe the toymaker referenced her recently as "making the ultimate sacrifice" because of her relationship with Clark/the Blur. But I didn't really get that since she chose to put on that supersuit. Sure she can't be with Clark because of the kryptonite which powers the suit but I wouldn't put that in the same league as death.

Don't forget 2 hour show finale Friday, May 13, 2011 8pm - 10pm EDT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know I'm going to be all weepy tonght!!!

I haven't watched the show in years, but I've PVRd the 2-part finale just to see how it all ends.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I can't believe the finale is TONIGHT!!! I'm not sure whether I want to cheer b/c I'm hoping they'll go out with a bang or to cry b/c this show has been a fixture in our household for 10 seasons...

When you think about it, this show started a month after 9/11 (!). Buffy was still on (may not mean anything to others but that was my fav. show ever!), Bush was only in his 1st term, the first generation of iPod was just being released, there was no such thing as touch screen cell phones, Skype, etc., etc. My kids weren't even born then!

Okay - I've made myself nostalgic. I think what I'm most sad at is I won't be able to see Justin Hartley in his Green Arrow tights any more...and Tom Welling won't be on my screen every week. I'm going to need to find some eye candy STAT next season.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I can't believe the finale is TONIGHT!!! I'm not sure whether I want to cheer b/c I'm hoping they'll go out with a bang or to cry b/c this show has been a fixture in our household for 10 seasons...

When you think about it, this show started a month after 9/11 (!). Buffy was still on (may not mean anything to others but that was my fav. show ever!), Bush was only in his 1st term, the first generation of iPod was just being released, there was no such thing as touch screen cell phones, Skype, etc., etc. My kids weren't even born then!

Okay - I've made myself nostalgic. I think what I'm most sad at is I won't be able to see Justin Hartley in his Green Arrow tights any more...and Tom Welling won't be on my screen every week. I'm going to need to find some eye candy STAT next season.
    Well, you know that after Buffy ended you did get to see "Angel" again if you wanted, first as Angel and now in Bones... so there's hope they'll both find new jobs after a recover pause---somehow I don't think the TV and film makers will let those two hotties get away! They may not be in tights though!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    He went with her! He said something about how he wouldn't let her leave without him and also I think about it being his hometown. If you recall when he was first introduced on the show they mentioned Queen Industries as being based in Star City. So, they're still together - just offscreen.

Yeah - Lana was annoying but once they had Lana marry Lex and the subsequent craziness it just went too over the top for me. Zod or maybe the toymaker referenced her recently as "making the ultimate sacrifice" because of her relationship with Clark/the Blur. But I didn't really get that since she chose to put on that supersuit. Sure she can't be with Clark because of the kryptonite which powers the suit but I wouldn't put that in the same league as death.
    Wow... I missed a lot... yeah, I tuned out after the marriage... I didn't even know about Lana's kryptonite powered suit... I thought she left town maybe to secretly have Clark's (or someone's) baby!
    Ditto Chloe... it doesn't make a lot of sense with Ollie going through all this angst about the omega that he isn't turning to her at all... or has she also said that any bit of the dark condemns you? She never struck me as as rigid as Clark, in fact that's what she always criticized Clark for.... I hope Chloe makes it back tonight!

+ Reply to Thread