+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3373747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

Thanks Bearcata.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One more stand alone episode left, and then the two hour finale.... They are wrapping up threads right and left. I felt really sorry for Ollie at the end this week....clearly doesn't think Clark would stand by him.
    Where is Chloe supposed to be these days? I know the actress wanted off (although I don't know why, with the series coming to a close... is she doing something else?), but what was the plot excuse. I have to say she was a great addition to the Superman mythology...it will be hard for me to ever imagine a young Clark again without Chloe as his friend.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We just watched the last 2 episodes - love that Eric Martsolf from Passions played Booster Gold - too bad Justin Hartley wasn't there for that episode, they could've had a nice reunion.

And this past episode - that fighting scene between Oliver and Clark - yowza - those boys are fiiiiine.

I can't believe there's only 1 episode left before the finale. I'm really going to miss this show. I'm hoping Lois's reference to "the League" means that they'll all be there for the end. I'll be disappointed if they're not.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It was clear the Booster Gold guy was a precursor of some kind of superhero, but not one I ever heard of. Can anyone fill me in?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It was clear the Booster Gold guy was a precursor of some kind of superhero, but not one I ever heard of. Can anyone fill me in?

Great info at: Booster Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In one sense I felt that the Booster Gold was a throwaway episode. Was it really necessary especially during the last season and this close to the finale.

Another point, Clark as a Milquetoast, it flies against the Superman mythos. Yes, Clark Kent was a mild mannered reporter, but he was a damn good reporter and in fact constantly topped Lois Lane in getting scoops. Also in this economy if our Clark acts that incompetent in the cutthroat newspaper industry that is cutting people left and right due to the instant access of the internet he would have been fired a long time ago.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Bearcata, and good point about Clark appearing to be too incompetent as a reporter.

Just finished watching episode 19 - Dominion - aired April 29, 2011

Initial impression. Why oh why does Clark get on his high horse and insist only he can handle the situation and knowing that he has no powers in the Phantom Zone, and that he really has no training at all in hand to hand combat as he entirely depends on his superpowers, still he goes in unarmed. Then he deserves what ever happens to him. Still I liked the overall story especially with the Zod clone and the phantom Zod merging into one being. Callum Blue does an excellent job of portraying Zod but a less insane one than we are used to seeing. For someone who continually professes you can only depend on yourself and trust no one else he is continually searching for a companion he can trust. Loved the scenes between him and Oliver. Luv'd the gladiator scene between Clark and Oliver. Luv'd how Clark's arena outfit mirrored his future costume. Nice touch. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight scenes and had many flashbacks to Starz's Spartacus. Still the writers had to fallback on Clark's pompous black and white worldview when he makes the statement that the people touched by Darkseid need to be locked up. Well, shades of the Minority Report. Still after all that we see the entire Phantom Zone being destroyed........mmmmmm make up your mind Clark. Did like the ending with Lois but the final scene with Tess and Oliver felt more like the typical season cliffhanger than something that can be resolved in 3 more episodes.

Episode 20 - Prophecy - aired May 6, 2011

At first I thought this might be another throw away episode like the Booster Gold one with Lois having Clark's powers, but I liked it, especially the secondary plot with Oliver going to Ireland to find Orion's Bow. Nice to see Kara again and that they tied up her story arc. Vicious what Granny Goodness did to Oliver. Doesn't Tess seem to be a bit of a wimp these last episodes, I would rather see Chloe then her but that's the way that goes. While I do feel that this was a 95% great episode I totally hated the twist at the end where Lois of all people did a Clark on us and broke the engagement for the dumbest reason of all, that Clark shouldn't take any time for himself to be happy and in a relationship. That all his time had to be focused on saving people. Please, it's bad enough when Clark does Clark but now Lois is doing it too. Someone please slap the girl silly.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    We just watched the last 2 episodes - love that Eric Martsolf from Passions played Booster Gold - too bad Justin Hartley wasn't there for that episode, they could've had a nice reunion.

And this past episode - that fighting scene between Oliver and Clark - yowza - those boys are fiiiiine.

I can't believe there's only 1 episode left before the finale. I'm really going to miss this show. I'm hoping Lois's reference to "the League" means that they'll all be there for the end. I'll be disappointed if they're not.
    Yes, they really should do scenes like that more often.

+ Reply to Thread