+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Smallville

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    In the previous Superman TV series (the name of which I'm completely blanking on), the one with Teri Hatcher as Lois, one of the great lines I've always remembered was one Clark says to Lois during a brief period when she knew his secret identity... "Clark Kent is who I AM, Superman is what I DO" reflecting that Superman was the "disguise", not Clark.
    Good memory, PWS - I used to love "Lois & Clark" and have had a crush on Dean Cain ever since. I think I like the Smallville way more though - to me, the "real" Clark will always be the hero while "clutzy" Clark is the facade.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Good memory, PWS - I used to love "Lois & Clark" and have had a crush on Dean Cain ever since. I think I like the Smallville way more though - to me, the "real" Clark will always be the hero while "clutzy" Clark is the facade.
    Right! Lois & Clark--couldn't think of it. Re Dean, me, too!
    I once shared a plane with him and Tony Danza--I'd been to a conf. in OK and they'd been there right after the bombing for a charity ballgame. We took the same shuttle from terminial to terminal and as I got off I told him how much I enjoyed his work and he thanked me....as cute in person as on TV and very nice to a fan.

I really liked the interaction between Chloe and Ollie and their little homage to Mr and Mrs Jones. But it was nice to see a grown up couple talk between the two. Still I did find the little "I will not kill" speech from Chloe a little simplistic...I remember her as the future leader of the rebels against the Kadorians. She didn't have a problem with using a green kryptonite bolt against them. Out of all the "sci fi" and "fantasy" shows, I think Joss Whedon handled death and killing the best.

PS: With Lois being so worried about Clark revealing his identity anyone else think it rather strange that she put Green Arrow and Aquaman figurines as guests in her model church? Or was that just supposed to be a nod, nod, wink, wink to the fans?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wow, I wonder if the producers of Smallville and Supernatural coordinated "Poke Fun at the Show Night"? Drunken bachelor party and bachelorette party and lucky lemur and some bespelled champagne. What do you get...wild moments...Olivier dressed up as a showgirl...Tess and Emile together...Ollie and Chloe married and of course a missing armored car. Seriously this show needs light hearted moments like this.

I think Ollie dressed as a showgirl and getting in a fistfight may be one of the best things I've ever seen on this show. I also loved him and Lois waking up on some train tracks. The Hangover comes to Smallville. LOL :p But seriously, back to Ollie, I know TW is the "star' and he's good looking for sure, but man Justin Hartley is super hot. Dang!

So this was Chloe's farewell episode huh? For that it wasn't bad. I do hope that Ollie goes with her back to Star City. And I thought her comments about having met Batman (a millionaire with cool toys) and Wonder Woman were interesting and a nod to the Justice League.

My biggest Whoa moment was the Tess/Emile hookup!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I think Ollie dressed as a showgirl and getting in a fistfight may be one of the best things I've ever seen on this show. I also loved him and Lois waking up on some train tracks. The Hangover comes to Smallville. LOL :p But seriously, back to Ollie, I know TW is the "star' and he's good looking for sure, but man Justin Hartley is super hot. Dang!

So this was Chloe's farewell episode huh? For that it wasn't bad. I do hope that Ollie goes with her back to Star City. And I thought her comments about having met Batman (a millionaire with cool toys) and Wonder Woman were interesting and a nod to the Justice League.
    Seriously, I hope not, Chloe deserves to be in on the end, since she was at the beginning.

Also, Ollie was pretty firm about Chloe not leaving without her husband.

Thanks for getting the quotes, I got the Wonder Woman reference but just couldn't figure out what she said right before that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post

My biggest Whoa moment was the Tess/Emile hookup!
    Couldn't agree with you more. Totally unexpected, but fun.

Bearcata:

I really need you to update me on what has happened this season. I just cant stand to watch anymore because Lois and Clark as a couple annoy the crap out of me! Honestly, I really only care about Chloe and the future of the justice league!

Can you fill me in!? Thanks!

Repeats until April 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Bearcata:

I really need you to update me on what has happened this season. I just cant stand to watch anymore because Lois and Clark as a couple annoy the crap out of me! Honestly, I really only care about Chloe and the future of the justice league!

Can you fill me in!? Thanks!
    Best place for episode summaries would be TV.com/smallville, they do a very good job.

I was reading an article posted on EW about how Smallville fans didn't like last week's episode which was the "Hangover" ep and Cloe's send off. I really hope we do see more of Chloe, before the series finale. To address the other issue, while this season's arc has been the Darkseid Story Arc, I do like it when occasionally Smallville pokes fun at itself. I actually liked that episode. Still I do feel that for a series finale season they don't seem to be focusing that much on the Darkseid issue. True the series has resolved the VRA amendment and is focusing on Clark and Lois's wedding it just seems that the writers could be packing a lot more info, scenes, intent, intrigue into each show and I can feel that lack of intensity. In comparison look at Vampire Diaries. That show has ton's of characters and manages to involve most of them in every episode each involved in their own part of the story, each doing their own thing, but collectively advancing the plot. You don't feel as if the show is too piece meal but you do feel as if a lot happened, why can't the writers on Smallville do that? It would make for a very satisfying season and series finale and let the show go out with a bang instead of a whimper.

PS: I do hope we see more of the future Justice League.

+ Reply to Thread