+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Smallville

Watching tonight's episode and am having a hard time taking "Slade" serious when he's so close to the character, Saul, the actor played in Battlestar Galactica. We actually laughed at the end of the last episode when the building exploded and he ended up with the patch. Maybe they think people didn't watch BSG?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Sorry for the double post but I can't edit. Wow on the last scene. That song was great; wish I could find the name of it! Can't wait to see what happens next...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

This is a nitpick sure but what really annoyed me about this week's episode - Lois's complete and utter failure to mention that she heard from Chloe! Gee Show, crap on that character even more why dontcha? I know that generally Lois is a self-absorbed ditz who thinks the entire world revolves around her but you'd think she might manage to remember to bring up Chloe's note while seeing a rather dejected looking Ollie at their engagement party. sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4124850;
    This is a nitpick sure but what really annoyed me about this week's episode - Lois's complete and utter failure to mention that she heard from Chloe! Gee Show, crap on that character even more why dontcha? I know that generally Lois is a self-absorbed ditz who thinks the entire world revolves around her but you'd think she might manage to remember to bring up Chloe's note while seeing a rather dejected looking Ollie at their engagement party. sheesh!
    But don't you think it would hurt Ollie more to know that Chloe is out there and in touch with what's going on but not getting in touch with him? I didn't realize Ollie ends up with Black Canary in the comic books. Maybe they're going to lead him in her direction? IDK. What I do know is that Allison Mack asked to leave but agreed to appear in some episodes to wrap up Chloe's story since it'd be the last season, which I'm glad about b/c I'd hate for her to have just been killed off...

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4125118;
    But don't you think it would hurt Ollie more to know that Chloe is out there and in touch with what's going on but not getting in touch with him? I didn't realize Ollie ends up with Black Canary in the comic books. Maybe they're going to lead him in her direction? IDK. What I do know is that Allison Mack asked to leave but agreed to appear in some episodes to wrap up Chloe's story since it'd be the last season, which I'm glad about b/c I'd hate for her to have just been killed off...
    I personally would rather have seen Chloe instead of Tess's character seemily getting all the credit for running WatchTower and other operations. I do feel the show was superior when it had Chloe on vs watching ditzy Lois. Does Lois even know or realize that Chloe knew everything?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finally saw the last two episodes before the mid season finale. The dark parallel universe episode seemed like a waste except to bring Lionel back from the dead. It did save that world by getting rid of Lionel and "bad" Clark, but really what purpose did it serve? Then the mid season finale...Clark asks Lois to marry him and then the Neo Nazis show up. That was disturbing. Who was that female soldier she looked so familiar...didn't she play one of Zod's soldiers last season??? I hope the second half of this season is better than the first it just feels as if the writers/producers/show runners were just piddling around and hopefully the second half is much more purposeful and that the show ends with a bang and not with a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4125118;
    I don't know. I do think that's an example of the shoddy writing on the show though. Because Chloe is loyal to those she loves and would not purposefully not contact Ollie while being able to contact Lois. I know they are supposed to resolve her story somehow but I think it's going to end up feeling slapped together. I did not know she had asked to leave. I thought she'd been downsized. I can't see why she would want to leave for the show's final season considering she was the only other remaining original character from S1.

I personally would rather have seen Chloe instead of Tess's character seemily getting all the credit for running WatchTower and other operations.
    Gawd yes. How conveneient that everyone forgets all she did as Watchtower.

I am not understanding the point of bringing back Lionel. But the glimpse of the alter-Clark was kinda fun. As was the implied "tryst" between him and Tess.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4131159;
    I can't see why she would want to leave for the show's final season considering she was the only other remaining original character from S1.

I am not understanding the point of bringing back Lionel.
    From what I'd read, Allison had told the producers she wanted out at the end of last season but hearing this one would be the last, she agreed to come back for some episodes to tie up Chloe's story.

'Smallville' exclusive: Allison Mack bids farewell (but there's a catch) | Inside TV | EW.com

I, too, miss her on the show, don't get me wrong. I've loved how she's grown as a character, though I wasn't crazy about her with Oliver. I'm looking forward to how they wrap her story up and will definitely be upset if they kill her off! Lionel...why, oh why?!? I couldn't stand him before...I'm not looking forward to seeing him again!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4131159;
    I don't know. I do think that's an example of the shoddy writing on the show though. Because Chloe is loyal to those she loves and would not purposefully not contact Ollie while being able to contact Lois. I know they are supposed to resolve her story somehow but I think it's going to end up feeling slapped together. I did not know she had asked to leave. I thought she'd been downsized. I can't see why she would want to leave for the show's final season considering she was the only other remaining original character from S1.

I am not understanding the point of bringing back Lionel. But the glimpse of the alter-Clark was kinda fun. As was the implied "tryst" between him and Tess.
    From what I had read that little scene we saw with Lois and Chloe was actually from the season 10 premiere episode but was cut, it does explain why it feels so out of place in this episode's story arc.

Clark finally flies but it is only in a virtual computer world, darn. Glad to see Chloe back in the mid season premiere of "Collateral" Feb 4, 2011. Nice to see her heavily involved in this episode. I like how the relationship between Chloe and Clark has flipped a bit. He has major trust issues and yet has to completely trust Chloe to save himself. Although in this case the trust has been transferred to Lois whose judgment I have always found suspect. I really liked the last scene with Clark and Chloe where she defines what faith and trust are.

+ Reply to Thread