+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4085814;
    When he was dancing with Lois in the barn you mean? I just caught the end of the show, haven't watched the whole tape yet.
    Yeap, if you blink you will miss the feet leaving the ground and the lighting is so dark that when the camera pulls back to see Lois and Clark full figure you can totally miss it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Silly episode tonight (almost feels like filler since they have to finish out the season/series) but HOORAY for the last 30 seconds!!! I kind of wish last season had been the wrap up -- this one feels like they're going through the motions.

I did like last week's episode, though, because it really showed how far Clark has come. The flashbacks were great and I didn't realize how much I missed Allison Mack this season, which is funny b/c she really annoyed me that first season.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I can't believe he actually went through with it!

The Isis thing was silly. And I'm not sure how I feel about Tess being welcomed into the fold. But - she hadn't told Clark's secret and she knew about it for a while.

Am totally missing Chloe!!! She brought real heart to the show. I also miss the chemistry she and Ollie had on-screen. I think one of my favorite moments of this week's episode was the scene between Tess and Oliver in Watchtower.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4089485;
    I can't believe he actually went through with it!

The Isis thing was silly. And I'm not sure how I feel about Tess being welcomed into the fold. But - she hadn't told Clark's secret and she knew about it for a while.

Am totally missing Chloe!!!
    She brought real heart to the show. I also miss the chemistry she and Ollie had on-screen. I think one of my favorite moments of this week's episode was the scene between Tess and Oliver in Watchtower.
    Me too. Watching Cat try to be a mini Chloe is rather sad. What were the producers thinking?

So in the high-school reunion show Chloe sent a message to the new torch students...is she still alive? I am so confused about what happened to her because I missed a few episodes! I thought she had a special healing power so she can't just die, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4091720;
    So in the high-school reunion show Chloe sent a message to the new torch students...is she still alive? I am so confused about what happened to her because I missed a few episodes! I thought she had a special healing power so she can't just die, right?

Yes, Chloe is still alive.

When Green Arrow was captured and being tortured Chloe exchanged herself for him. Now it gets confusing as to who captured and tortured Green Arrow. At first I thought it was that secret government agency that Tess was a part of. But then it looked like it was the Suicide Squad. Again is the Suicide Squad an independent group or government sponsored? Did Chloe manage to escape? She must have or how else could she have sent a text message to those high school reporters at the high school reunion.

As for Chloe's healing power, it's limits have not been explored so we don't know if Chloe can't die or is just hard to kill.

Chloe will be missing in action for the majority of the final season. I know she will appear in 5 episodes. So we will be seeing her probably in April and May when they tie up all the story arcs.

General comments on the Oct 28, Nov 4 and the to be seen Nov 11 episodes.

Well, the secret is out, Lois knows Clark is the Blur and they fall into bed. The next episode is Thanksgiving dinner with the General and next week's episode shows us Lois's mother. On top of that The Talon was blown up. Interesting choice as Lana used to work there, both Chloe and Lois lived there. Talk about eliminating the past wiping out Lana and Chloe from Clark's life.

I am liking that Clark is adopting a new look this season with the swept back hair and the red leather jacket. Nice to not see the Lex clone this episode. I am disappointed that the show has narrowed down to only focus on Clark and Lois. I liked seeing the broader picture of Chloe, Oliver and the other heroes. I am wondering how the producers will wrap this season up with the Lex clone maturing, Darkseid and his minions appearing and hopefully with the creation of the Justice League of America.

Just finished watching the Nov 12 and Nov 19th shows. I do like how the show runners introduce these precious little touches to the show. Terri Hatcher as Lois's mom. Lois realizing that her not saying good bye to her dying mom left a hole in her heart, like Jor-El not talking to Clark, left a hole in his heart. Loved seeing Julian Sand and Helen Slater as Jor-El and Lara (Kal-El's dad and mom). Then the other story arc with Tess at St Louise's Orphanage meeting Granny Goodness, seeing Mad Harriet and Lashina. Meeting the Unholy Trinity of Granny Goodness, Glorious Godfrey and DeSaad. Learning finally how to pronounce Darkseid's name. But the biggest surprise ever is finding out that Tess is really Lutessa Lena Luthor. Daughter of Lionel and sister of Lex. But why was she abandoned at the orphanage?

Best part: when Tess was running away from Granny Goodness and was trapped in her old room and you see sratched in the wall "Somebody Save Me". (Refers to the shows title song.)

I do like how this story leaks a bit over to the next episode and you finally see the reemergence of the future Justice League. I do see how the producers had to keep Chloe out this season and I felt she was so popular and intergral to the story and had grown as character that Chloe's presence was preventing Lois from becoming a full partner with Clark and instead was just the dumb comic relief that she had always been. Still if the producers had taken Tess out of the equation and instead left Chloe I would have been way happier. I have never liked the Tess character and felt she had been unnecessary and would rather see Chloe as she is stronger and more faceted then any of the characters on this show. Unfortunately Chloe is not part of the original Superman mythos. On the other hand neither is Tess.

Also glad to see Mera, wife of Aquaman. Nice touch.

Ugh, just realized that the Colonel was actually the Slade. Somehow after watching the Teen Titans' Slade I can't picture the Smallville version as that character.

I am liking that Clark is adopting a new look this season with the swept back hair and the red leather jacket. Nice to not see the Lex clone this episode. I am disappointed that the show has narrowed down to only focus on Clark and Lois. I
    I agree with you on all these points bearcata. While I'm not finding Lois as annoying as in the past, I hate how the show is trying to destroy the Chloe character and miss the chemistry Alison Mack brought to the show. Sort of par for the course with this show I guess.

I do like a lot of the stories and now that Clark's "secret" is out, he doesn't have to spend every show looking constipated and tense. Having Clark live more openly with those he interacts with regularly has vastly improved Tom Welling's acting.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4112222;
    I agree with you on all these points bearcata. While I'm not finding Lois as annoying as in the past, I hate how the show is trying to destroy the Chloe character and miss the chemistry Alison Mack brought to the show. Sort of par for the course with this show I guess.

I do like a lot of the stories and now that Clark's "secret" is out, he doesn't have to spend every show looking constipated and tense. Having Clark live more openly with those he interacts with regularly has vastly improved Tom Welling's acting.
    Too funny. It will also cut down on the botox he will need in the future from all that constant brow furrowing he does when he gets that constipated look.

+ Reply to Thread