+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

Wow, three major hookups, Chloe and Oliver, Clark and Lois, and Tess and Zod. Was this supposed to be the Valentine's Day special? Wait they already had one of those. Well, it was good to see our superheroes relaxing a bit. Funny, but Chloe's character is the one that has grown the most on this show. From intrepid girl reporter with a big love on Clark that was never seen to superfreak with a less than appreciative husband (Jimmy was never the man for her too much of a wuss) to widow to the key pin of the Justice League as WatchTower.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

WatchTower kidnapped and threatened. How was killing WatchTower going to get Waller the White Queen WatchTower's database. I'm sorry but Clark is not that good at computers. Interesting mix of invisible power players. Exactly who is John Jones working for? Does this mean Tess Mercer will no longer be on the show?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3874497;
    WatchTower kidnapped and threatened. How was killing WatchTower going to get Waller the White Queen WatchTower's database. I'm sorry but Clark is not that good at computers. Interesting mix of invisible power players. Exactly who is John Jones working for? Does this mean Tess Mercer will no longer be on the show?
    I'd be happy to see Tess go as I'm so over her voice. And I think they set it up nicely since we've now got Lois doing work with the mysterious voice (Zod).

What I'm curious about was how the White Queen knew Clark. Or did she just assume that he was The Blur when he arrived. She just seemed familiar with him.

Not sure (and don't care) who John Jones is working for as long as he still has Clark's back. He can go back and forth between sides as long as he and Clark don't have to fight. [Can you tell I like him (LOL!)--almost as much as I like Oliver.]

And re: your prior post -- Chloe has definitely undergone the biggest growth/change of any character I've seen except for Willow on Buffy. I'm glad she's moved on from her pining over Clark, but I just don't see her with Oliver. Maybe they'll grow on me as a couple.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3874850;
    I'd be happy to see Tess go as I'm so over her voice. And I think they set it up nicely since we've now got Lois doing work with the mysterious voice (Zod).

What I'm curious about was how the White Queen knew Clark. Or did she just assume that he was The Blur when he arrived. She just seemed familiar with him.

Not sure (and don't care) who John Jones is working for as long as he still has Clark's back. He can go back and forth between sides as long as he and Clark don't have to fight. [Can you tell I like him (LOL!)--almost as much as I like Oliver.]

And re: your prior post -- Chloe has definitely undergone the biggest growth/change of any character I've seen except for Willow on Buffy. I'm glad she's moved on from her pining over Clark, but I just don't see her with Oliver. Maybe they'll grow on me as a couple.
    While I don't think they will be a permanent couple I do think it was high time Chloe got a hottie and not a nottie like Jimmy Olsen. She deserves someone like Oliver who can accept her for what she is and what she can do and not have to hide her abilities and her accomplishments like she did in her relationship with Jimmy.

Go, Chloe.

It is also great to see a normal height girl and not a tall leggy model type like Lois and Tess get some.

I do think it was high time Chloe got a hottie and not a nottie like Jimmy Olsen. She deserves someone like Oliver who can accept her for what she is and what she can do and not have to hide her abilities and her accomplishments like she did in her relationship with Jimmy.
    AMEN!!! I really like the Chloe/Oliver relationship and think it's the most "adult" one we've seen on the show.

As to this recent ep, the pacing, story, acting were great. At the end I realized why. There was no Lois to suck the life out of every scene she's in. And Clark didn't have to look constantly constipated around her. Ugh. The forcing of the Clark/Lois relationship is my least favorite thing this show has done in the past couple seasons. I know the "mythology" and all but it feels so fake. I don't think Tom Welling and Erica Durance have any chemistry together (not like Allison Mack + Justin Hartley = HOT!) and watching them kiss kinda squicks me out.

I hope John Jones is working with the JSA. I heard we'd see some of those characters again.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3875865;
    AMEN!!! I really like the Chloe/Oliver relationship and think it's the most "adult" one we've seen on the show.

As to this recent ep, the pacing, story, acting were great. At the end I realized why. There was no Lois to suck the life out of every scene she's in. And Clark didn't have to look constantly constipated around her. Ugh. The forcing of the Clark/Lois relationship is my least favorite thing this show has done in the past couple seasons. I know the "mythology" and all but it feels so fake. I don't think Tom Welling and Erica Durance have any chemistry together (not like Allison Mack + Justin Hartley = HOT!) and watching them kiss kinda squicks me out.

I hope John Jones is working with the JSA. I heard we'd see some of those characters again.
    The relationship between Clark and Lana was more real, he loving her from afar for years being the faithful, chaste knight and finally winning her love, being her knight errant, and saving her life only at the expense of his father's. The relationship seemed on a relatively equal footing until Lana evolved past him. While Clark's relationship with Lois seems more of a patient father with a wacky teenage daughter or a guy who just got a puppy and is teaching it to pee on the newspaper and not on the floor. Seriously, everytime Lois talks to Clark she turns on those big puppy dog eyes while she begs him not to get upset with her because she has messed up again.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3875865;

So funny, I feel the exact opposite -- every time I see Justin and Allison kiss, I think, 'ick!' while I think Lois and Clark have more chemistry. I guess I'm tainted b/c Justin will always be Fox Crane to me and noone will have as much chemistry with him as his wife, Lindsay.

The problem I have with Lois & Clark isn't with her -- it's with him. I'm so tired of him turning into such an idiot around her and want to shake him and say -- man up! [I know, I know -- Superman has always been like that and it's always something that's bothered me!]

I hope J.J. IS working with the JSA, though I'm hoping more he'd be teaming up with the Justice League. I'd love to see more of them, esp. the Wonder Twins!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Well, I watched 4 episodes of Smallville I had recorded.

4/16/10 - Upgrade - John Corbin is bad and Clark is infected with red kryptonite and is acting all bad boy again. I normally don't particularly like Brian Asutin Green but he had a really nice scene with Lois at the end of the show and he showed his acting chops.

Also he save Clark from his bad RK self by stabbing him in the side with Green K. Bit of poetic justice since John Corbin blames the Blur for his sister's death.

I am getting a little be sick of Clark being a milktoast. Not seeing that people have both good and bad sides and that not doing anything is sometimes worst than doing something.

Hopefully, Zod and bad Clark did not destroy all of Chloe's and Oliver's hidden kryptonite stores.

4/23/10 - Charade - love the title of this episode as it has several meanings but most implicit I think is the identity of the Red Queen. If nothing else this show knows how to do story arcs and add interesting characters.

4/30/10 - Sacrifice - ouch poor Ollie, Zod heat visioned the letter Z into Ollie's chest. Sadistic or what? Chloe realizes that she may lose Ollie because she can't let anyone close because she might be hurt. Interesting to see how the writers have Chloe so identifed with the physical WatchTower. A bit of Tess and Chloe bonding. Did I miss it? When did Tess become hunted by Checkmate?

Zod was totally insane as usual. If you aren't with him you are against him. He kills his lover and his unborn son and blames the humans and uses it as a rallying point to inflame his followers. Oh, he manages to destroy the Checkmate HQ.

5/7/10 - Hostage - Martha Kent is back. The writers drop so many heavy handed comments about finding the hero within. Saving the planet. It became kinda funny. Funny how Clark becomes outraged when Chloe and Ollie don't tell him everything (lie to him) and yet it's OK for his mom to do it. Double standard much. There is alot of double standarding in Smallville and it makes the Clark character so rigid I am surprised he doesn't snap.

I do wonder how the writers are going to wrap all these story arcs up in the finale episode.

I am getting tried of Tess and won't mind seeing her gone. I think we will be seeing some of the Justice Society folks and Black Canary in the finale. That will be fun.

October 2010

Anyone watching the Season 10, the Final Season? I have seen the first episode and was really angry to read in the TV Guide that Chloe will only be in 5 episodes for the Final Season. As far as I am concerned Chloe is Smallville. She has grown from a smart young girl to a smart young women with incredible leadership skills who unfortunately guards a twit in the form of Clark Kent a wishly washy woose who can't make any kind of decision or take any kind of action even when his loved ones die in horrific torturous ways all around him. Reminds me of Hamlet, hemming and hawing and in the end everyone dies.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4081148;
    October 2010

Anyone watching the Season 10, the Final Season? I have seen the first episode and was really angry to read in the TV Guide that Chloe will only be in 5 episodes for the Final Season. As far as I am concerned Chloe is Smallville. She has grown from a smart young girl to a smart young women with incredible leadership skills who unfortunately guards a twit in the form of Clark Kent a wishly washy woose who can't make any kind of decision or take any kind of action even when his loved ones die in horrific torturous ways all around him. Reminds me of Hamlet, hemming and hawing and in the end everyone dies.
    I'm watching, or rather, taping, hope to catch up soon. I agree, Chloe has become a major force. They need to write her into the comics now if they havent'!

+ Reply to Thread