+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

2/26/10

OK I am watching the show and it starts with saying the tower that the Kandorians were building was terminated. Was it destroyed? There was mention of a fire. I am confused. I have seen a future episode where Chloe uploaded a virus and destroyed the tower's systems. But that was in the future this is now. Last week was the wish episode and before that the Comic Con episode, I am feeling a big disconnect here. Anyone have an answer??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm also catching up on Smallville as normally there are 4 shows on at 8 on Th that I like, and I only have 2 vcrs and one set of eyes, so Smallville goes by the boards, much as I like it.
    The problem that you and I are both having is that a lot of it it is in reruns now, and I think the reruns are being run out of order. So last night where I live they showed 2 episodes, and in one the Solar Tower had already been prevented or destroyed (something that irked Zod), followed by one during which its planned construction was announced at a press conference! It didn't use to matter that much when each episode pretty much stood alone, but now there is a lot of continuity to the show, so order matters. Grrr.
    And in one Chloe was hot for Oliver and in the other seemed interested in Tess's computer geek.

FORT Fanatic

At the very end of last week's episode Clark destroyed the tower. Or at least it was eluded that Clark did it but it was blamed on lightening or something.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3841796;
    At the very end of last week's episode Clark destroyed the tower. Or at least it was eluded that Clark did it but it was blamed on lightening or something.
    Sometimes my VCR turns off early and I could have missed that. It makes sense.

I just watched the last two weeks of episodes and yes, Clark destroyed the towers. He beamed them with his eyes and you could tell by the look on Zod's face, he knew it was Clark who did it. When is Clark going to be able to fly. Zod now has his powers and he was able to fly with no problem. Is it because Clark isn't accepting it yet so he can't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3842469;
    I just watched the last two weeks of episodes and yes, Clark destroyed the towers. He beamed them with his eyes and you could tell by the look on Zod's face, he knew it was Clark who did it. When is Clark going to be able to fly. Zod now has his powers and he was able to fly with no problem. Is it because Clark isn't accepting it yet so he can't do it?
    I have watched all the episodes when did Zod got his powers?

Oh, according to the producers Clark was never supposed to learn how to fly as that marks him becoming Superman.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3842530;
    I have watched all the episodes when did Zod got his powers?

Oh, according to the producers Clark was never supposed to learn how to fly as that marks him becoming Superman.
    Zod just got Clark's powers this past episode. Zod was shot and wounded before Clark arrived to save the Kandorian girl who was in the deep freeze. So Clark cut his hand, causing it to bleed, and gave some of the blood to Zod (I think he put it in Zod's injury?) and that's how Zod got his powers. When Zod saw Clark at the end of the show, he played it off as if he was still injured, so Clark has no idea Zod has his powers (yet!).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3842469;
    Finally got the new plug in from the CW to work so I could watch the Valentine Day's video. Somehow I missed half the episode. I blame it all on the Olympics. Oh, well...one more episode and I am all caught up. Tom Welling must have been working out and lost a bit of weight because his face looked chilling in the last half of the episode. You could see he was grasping the harsh reality that the world is not all black and white, you could literally see him growing up into adulthood and preparing to don the mantle of Superman. The second half of this episode was very strong and the last visual of Clark standing on the building with his coat flapping in the wind watching the towers burn and collapse was beautiful.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-03-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Yeah...new episodes are back this Friday, April 2, 2010

Smallville has been renewed for it's 10th year and for the 2010-2011 season.

Breaking News - "SMALLVILLE" TO RETURN FOR A TENTH SEASON ON THE CW | TheFutonCritic.com

"SMALLVILLE" TO RETURN FOR A TENTH SEASON ON THE CW

March 4, 2010 (Burbank, California) - The CW Network has announced that its hit series "Smallville" will return in the fall of 2010 for a momentous tenth season.

"Smallville," a modern retelling of the Superman legend, stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent. The series moved to Friday nights this season, where it currently ranks as network television's #1 show in its time period among men 18-34 and men 18-49. Additionally, "Smallville" has dramatically improved The CW's ratings performance in its Friday 8:00-9:00p.m.time period by 67% among adults 18-34 (1.5/6), 200% in men 18-34 (1.8/7), 75% in adults 18-49 (1.4/5), 183% in men 18-49 (1.7/6) and 74% in total viewers (3.12million).

"Smallville" joins the five previously announced series - "The Vampire Diaries," "Gossip Girl," "90210," "Supernatural" and "America's Next Top Model" - which will all return for another season on The CW.

"Smallville" was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar ("Shanghai Noon," "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor"), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Source: Nielsen Media Research, season-to-date, original telecasts
    Unless a show is on the SyFy network moving it to Friday nights is usually the kiss of death. I am really glad that Smallville has found an audience and is doing well.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-01-2010 at 09:49 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3867923;
    Yeah...new episodes are back this Friday, April 2, 2010

Smallville has been renewed for it's 10th year and for the 2010-2011 season.

Breaking News - "SMALLVILLE" TO RETURN FOR A TENTH SEASON ON THE CW | TheFutonCritic.com

Unless a show is on the SyFy network moving it to Friday nights is usually the kiss of death. I am really glad that Smallville has found an audience and is doing well.
    Wow, those are some impressive #s! Thanks for warning us about Friday... I still look for it to be on Thursday and didn't even notice it on the Friday weekly listings.

+ Reply to Thread