+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

I don't know if there are any fans of Showtimes "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" but Callum Blue who played Belle's boyfriend Alex will be playing Zod for the new season and he's supposed to be a regular. Also, Brain Austin Green is playing Metallo.

October 17th, 2009

Well, I have been watching the new season and am liking it so far. Like how the blue red blur is now only the blur. Can someone please tell me why oh why Clark/the Blur does not clean up after himself after a fight. I cannot believe he simply left John Corbin's cyborg body lying around for Luthor Corp to find. The height of stupidity that.

Life is so unfair to see Lois getting all the credit that Chloe should have. Chloe has done all the hard work, kept all the hard promises, risked her life and marriage and gets delegated to the background while ditsy Lois enjoins all the fame and glory of being Supes future girlfriend.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just finished watched the episode "Rabid" on line and it stops short at minute 33 and repeats the first 9 minutes anyone else have a similiar prolem. Was there an opening scene or closing scene showing Zod releasing the virus?? What happened?

We don't actually see the zombie virus being released but close to the end of the episode, we find out that one of Zod's minions released it and Zod punished him by decapitating him once he told him to kneel before him.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3739302;
    We don't actually see the zombie virus being released but close to the end of the episode, we find out that one of Zod's minions released it and Zod punished him by decapitating him once he told him to kneel before him.
    Thanks for the info. I sent the CW folks and email about the online video but last I checked they still hadn't fixed it. Yeah, like ignore your fanbase.

Still am enjoying the show and totally am in luv with Chloe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

"E.R." Actor Arrested on Drug Charges - KTLA

Courtesy of KeepItReal..... Clark's friend "Pete" arrested in drug deal

A link to about Chloe from TV Guide.

TV Guide Magazine | News | Smallville Producer Reveals Big Plans for Chloe!

Smallville Producer Reveals Big Plans for Chloe!
    By Damian Holbrook November 12, 2009 02:48 PM EST

As one of the executive producers of Smallville, Brian Peterson has had to deal with everything from angsty superheroes to exploding planets to a legion of other well-known DC Comics characters—like this week’s guests, Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna. And now, he’s dealing with our geeking out. In the first half of an exclusive interview, Peterson opens up about what’s coming up for Clark and company. TVGuideMagazine.com powers, activate!

First off, I cannot believe you have the Wonder Twins this week!
    The Wonder Twins are really fantastic! They are so fun, the way we have them is really fun, because we don’t overburden the whole show with them. They’re just perfect in it.

And last week, news broke that you have Serinda Swan coming back as Zatanna…
    Yes, we are really excited about that. She’s coming back in an episode called “Warrior,” about Warrior Angel and that is a very Chloe-centric episode. It’s a great light spot in a kind of very heavy [storyline] run for us. It’s going to happen in the Winter.

Speaking of Chloe…
    Chloe has been and always will be the lynchpin in Clark’s arc, I would say. What we’ve talked about in the writer’s room, is that for anyone who has been in the highs and lows of love over the course of their lives, there are a lot of different kinds of love. And we really see Chloe as the Mary Magdalene to Clark’s Christ. She may not have romance now, she may not have romance in the future, but how she loves him and the way she helps him grow as a character is paramount to him becoming Superman. And that is never going to change.

Some would say she’s been underused this season.
    As for her role this year, she has stepped out of the sidekick shadows and she has owned Watchtower and she is taking it upon herself while Clark is busy with Kandorians and Lois and being the Blur. She’s started to create the fledgling group that will eventually become the Justice League. So she’s basically in some ways running the show behind the scenes.

I think that’s the problem…she’s in the background.
    And we will start to unveil more and more of that as the season progresses. Chloe is a huge part of the back section of the season.

Now, what about these sparks we saw between Chloe and Oliver at the end of “Roulette”?
    The great thing about Chloe and Oliver is that they are oddly in similar places because they have both been through the wringer. They have both been damaged, they aren’t superhuman and yet they’re trying to be heroes in their own right. They have so much to bond over that I think the sparks just come naturally out of their characters and what they have been through the last couple of seasons.

That would be a hot pairing!
    I can say this, this is something you can drop that I don’t think we have said anywhere else : There will be a relationship for Chloe in the near future.

It’s Tess’ tech boy, Stuart, isn’t it?
    I can’t say, but there will be a relationship for her in the near future.

He’s so her match!
    Yeah, they were great together. All I can say is she will have a relationship.

And it won’t end with anyone having a pipe through their chest?
    [Laughs] Oh…you had to go there?

Michael Shanks from the Stargate franchise will play Hawkman in an upcoming episode.

Don't you just love TV Guide:

Interview with Michael Shanks. Talks about Hawkman and the Justice Society of America and the beginnings of the Justice League of America. We will see Hawkman, Dr.Fate and Stargirl.

TV Guide Magazine | Keck's Exclusives | Hawkman Swoops Into Smallville!

Hawkman Swoops Into Smallville!
    by William Keck November 16, 2009 07:23 AM EST

Here it is! A sneak peek at Michael Shanks in the Hawkman costume he dons for Smallville’s highly anticipated two-hour movie event. Featuring the Justice Society, the special airs February 5, and the second hour is directed by Tom Welling. In between practicing his flying stunts above the Daily Planet rooftop and Chloe’s Watchtower, the Stargate SG-1 alum called me from the Vancouver set to dish on his role.

It seems we’ll be seeing a lot of you soaring through the air, eh?
    Yeah. There are a few scenes involving him flying into various sets. One of them is in Watchtower and we’ll also see him on the Daily Planet roof. And at the end of the day, Hawkman takes off his wings and hangs them in the closet.

How’s your flying been going?
    Today’s my practice day. There’s no stunt guy, so I need to ace this so I don’t make Hawkman look like a goofball. It’s traditional wire work that involves strapping on this harness so that large men with giant arms can lift me up and manipulate me. I’m also swinging around Hawkman’s giant mace as a weapon.

Are you exposing your chest as Hawkman did?
    No nudity. The way the harness is designed they needed to create a bronze chest plate. The helmet is also more of a bronze-tone than a big yellow gold thing. My whole upper torso becomes a big immobile object.

What’s Hawkman’s story?
    When we first meet Carter Hall he’s in his museum. We’ll learn he’s a reincarnated prince from a thousand years ago. There is a reference to The Justice Society’s time in the ‘70s, but we have since disbanded.

What advice does he give Clark?
    There’s a reference given to him flying, but it’s more of a metaphor to his own personal growth. Clark and his friends are figuring out what their destinies will be, so there is a ripe opportunity for the Justice Society who had been there done that to offer some tough love teaching.

Tom Welling is directing the second episode of this arc. Is he excited or terrified?
    I’m sure he’s excited and terrified. The first part is a lot of the character’s back-stories with them in civilian attire. Whereas in part two, Tom gets saddled with a lot of the action elements that will take a lot of time to shoot. He’s also acting throughout the episode he’s directing, which will be quite a task.

Are there references to Society members who aren’t seen in the episodes?
    Oh yes. You’ll see a ton of references. This is a fan’s dream. Let’s say there are lots of memories and paraphernalia that people will be familiar with.

What is his relationship to Ollie/Green Arrow?
    We will see an antagonism between them involving political views.

And Chloe?
    She is a bit of an enigma to him. To have this pretty, smart blonde girl walking around among all these superheroes is an anomaly. Carter doesn’t know what to make of her.

How about Lois?
    There’s a little bit of the Clark romance and then more with Tess’ dark plotting.

Have the regular Smallville characters heard about the Society members?
    No. That’s a big plot point to find out how come they’ve never heard of these people.

What is his relationship like with fellow heroes Dr. Fate, Stargirl and Martian Manhunter?
    Dr. Fate and Hawkman have a long history. Dr. Fate’s helmet is possessed by an Egyptian deity, which allows his to see into people’s possible futures. He also teleports. Stargirl is brand new to them and I’m not exactly sure what she does. She wasn’t part of the Society with them. And there are some trust issues with Martian Manhunter that are going to need to be dealt with.

You share a relationship with these actors?
    Yeah. Brent Stait (Kent Nelson/Dr. Fate) was with me thirteen years ago on the Stargate pilot. Brent and I just shot a very touching moment between our characters. And oddly enough I worked with Britt Irvin (Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl) in Stargate’s third season when she was like 15 years ago. And now she’s all grown up.

Who are you all battling?
    All I’ll say is he has a history with the Justice Society, but I’d never heard of him before.”

Does Hawkman give any advice to Clark and Co. about forming a Justice League of America?
    There have been attempts to turn this group of randoms into a cohesive unit, but a lot of these episodes will address their debate into how that would take place and what their philosophy would be.”

Is there any reference made to Hawkgirl?
    There’s a lot of referencing to Shayera/ Hawkgirl throughout as his one true love, given the fact that these two have a tremendous history as thousand year-old reincarnated beings who continue to find each other lifetime after lifetime. And we will learn where she is now.

What mood is Hawkman in?
    When we first see him, he is a shell of his former self with a heir of cynicism. He wears a lot of grief and guilt and pain over what happened to his friends and the society as a whole and his failures in letting that happen.

Do you change your voice when you switch from Carter Hall to Hawkman?
    Yeah. Given his many lives lived, I wanted to build a character with a more fierce quality which involved changing my vocal tone.

You didn’t channel Christian Bale and have a freak-out moment on set, did you?
    The way the Hawkman mask fits on me is very Batman-ish, so at one point I passed Smallville’s director of photography who used to work with my wife (actress Lexa Doig) and me on Andromeda, and said with a deep Christina Bale voice, ‘We are done professionally.’

Is there a glimmer of hope offered that the Society could reassemble?
    There will be a debate going on about whether we should have formed in the first place, and whether anyone should do it. We came together for the benefit of mankind, but then we were treated appallingly, so there will be a debate as to whether it would make sense for the Justice League to pick up our mantle and do it again.

And you’ll be reprising your Stargate character on two more upcoming episodes of Stargate: Universe?
    Yes. I made a cameo in the pilot and they’re keeping me alive to pass the torch. The next one coming up is titled Human, and back-references my character first initiating Dr. Rush (Robert Carlyle) into the Stargate program, but my character exists more as a figment of Dr. Rush’s imagination. And then in Subversion, near the end of the season, we’ll see myself and Richard Dean Anderson helping out with an investigation where sabotage took place back on Earth.

You also have an episode of Sanctuary coming up?
    I think I’m in episode nine playing a murky character named Jimmy who finds out he has a sketchy background similar to Kate Freelander played by Agam Darshy.

What’s the chances of us seeing Hawkman return?
    The way things land at the end of it all, there’s an open door for Carter Hall to be revisited and possibly be part of further mentoring Clark down the road.

I really hope they give Chloe a wonderful guy (and, good gracious, Oliver will certainly do...hes better than whinny ol' clark any day of the week).

In fact, I'm starting to kind of dislike this Lois character...I can't put my finger on why(?), I just don't care about her.

+ Reply to Thread