+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Re: Smallville

For a second there, my hubby almost had me convinced they might kill Chloe since she's not known like Lois or Jimmy. Glad he was wrong. Enjoyed the episode and glad the show is back.

ERRRR-- I am not happy that Lana is back, I am so over her character.
    Lana returning also takes away from the Lois/Clark progression (and we were right there too-at the wedding-about to kiss!).

Most importantly, what is going to happen to Chloe, I feel like she must get called to some higher purpose or something, because Jimmy is definitely a single dude in the superman mythology.. either she becomes a hero (and everyones' memories of her are erased) or she makes some major sacrifice for clark (but with the regeneration meteor ability that might be hard to do). As another poster mentioned before, it would be awesome if Chloe took on Lois's name in tribute and it was actually chloe that became his future woman but it does not seem like this is where it is going.. ERRR again. What will happen to our chloe?

Lana is back and I don't know if I want her back. Hope she doesn't stay around too long. I do wonder how this season will wrap up especially if they only shoot 22 episodes as I think that only leaves 5 or 6 episodes left to wrap up the show. I honestly don't know if the producers should go for season 9.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They have to transition us to Clark at the paper somehow....and get rid of Lana....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3300243;
    They have to transition us to Clark at the paper somehow....and get rid of Lana....
    Huh, but that has already happened, Clark is working at the Daily Planet with Lois. I hope they end with the Justice League being formed and without Chloe being killed.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3300301;
    Huh, but that has already happened, Clark is working at the Daily Planet with Lois. I hope they end with the Justice League being formed and without Chloe being killed.
    Yikes...see that's what happens when I tape Smallville (there is TOO MUCH on TV on Th at 8pm!!!!!!!!!) and watch out of order. I did see a recent episode where he seemed to be hanging out at the farm so figured he was still there.
    OK, so he's at the paper, they just need to get rid of Lana...and tie up Chloe somehow and we will back to the original mythology.

Who is John Galt?

See now I disagree - I like Lana and personally think she and Clark have more chemistry he and Lois. Kristen Kruek is a beautiful girl and the Lana character is evolving into a super hero like Clark. However, I doubt Lana will stick around too long because it conflicts with the Superman mythology. They are probably trying to explain what happens to her character and why she and Clark have to eventually go their separate ways. Besides, from what I remember in the movies and comics, Clark Kent and Lois Lane don't really get together until they are a bit older and more mature (late 20ish). That leaves lots of time for Clark and Lana to move on from each other and onto their separate destinies. Clark is still in his early twenties at this point on the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh, that remark wasn't meant as a criticism of the Lana character (whom I like better now that she doesn't just gaze soulfully at Clark), but rather a statement of what needs to be accomplished if they are going to wind up the story before running out of seasons.
    As I recall the comics Lana was just an old high school girlfriend, who stayed behind in Smallville. My image was always that she turned into a small town housewife eventually...with whom I've no idea. Obviously this Lana is never going to fit that image. However I stopped reading comics long before Superman (and other heroes) went "dark", so maybe stuff happened with Lana that I'm not aware of in the comics as well.
    But of course they went a whole different direction when they had Clark and Lex be buddies back in Clark's high school days. Plus Lex's obsession with Lana. And they've killed off Clark's dad and his mom is now a (state?) Senator. Plus the whole thing with Lionel and his mom. So dealing with the new Lana and Chloe are minor changes relatively.

Yuck, I hated the whole storyline tonight, thankfully Clark realized what a huge mistake it would be to reveal his identity to the world.

Tori Spelling does a wonderful job playing a vicious, hateful bitch.

Oh, Smallville has been renewed for a 9th season.

+ Reply to Thread